PDA

View Full Version : Mag Ups

DaFranchise1987
07-20-2005, 04:10 AM
Its been brought to my attention that the mag doesnt have as many non cosmetic ups as other guns i.e cockers....blah blah blah the thing is if im stuck between buying a mech mag, and a used ebladed cocker which one should i get and is the lack of ups really that much of an issue, because i kno some ppl like to have the security of knowing they dont have to immediatly buy a new frame or trigger or any other random peace when they get there gun. :) Please if u suggest a gun outside cockers or mags no ions cant stand them and im on a 500 budget thx

LONEWOLFOO1
07-20-2005, 07:11 AM
i myself is not really into cosmetics i want a gun that works and for 500 the mag will get the job done i am not into upgrades unless it truly enhance the performance but for 500 i should'nt have to do anything. i have a tac one i love the milsim look i am a big guy so i can deal with the weight.

Arstron
07-20-2005, 07:40 AM
If you go to themagsmith.com and check out the "Paradigm Pro," "AGD ULE Pro," or any of the custom markers, depending on what style you are looking for. Any mech mag with an xvalve, a ULE trigger pull kit and either the intelli frame, vert frame, or y frame will have the major performance upgrades you will available for mags. ULE just so you know stands for Ultra Light Engenering, also the xvalve comes with a "level 10" bolt, which is a no chop bolt. I dont consider tanks, hoppers, or barels as part of the gun, those are obvious upgrades anyway. ;)

DarkMag722
07-20-2005, 08:21 AM
With 500 you should get an X-Mag or just save up a little more money and get a E-mag.

Pha|anx
07-20-2005, 08:52 AM
With 500 you should get an X-Mag or just save up a little more money and get a E-mag.Erm-- I believe you mean an X-Valved RT. X-Mags cost a good deal more then E-Mags.

Chronobreak
07-20-2005, 09:27 AM
rogue has tons of accesories, and a few other dealers do as well.

is there soemthing inparticular your looking for? ifnot im sure you can find MORE than enough to spruce up your mag. :cheers:

MoneyShot
07-20-2005, 09:54 AM
I wouldnt get an autococker unless you really know a lot about them, because they are high maintenance guns and if you dont take care of them just right they will mess up on you. I would either go to themagsmith or tunaman or rogue and have them build you a really good automag. Automags are way more durrable and are a lot lower maintenance, so they are a lot easier to fix. You can get a really really nice automag for under 500.

warbeak2099
07-20-2005, 09:59 AM
There are many dealers that make custom parts and upgrades for mags:

www.logicpaintball.com
www.themagsmith.com
www.tunamart.com
www.whitewolfairsmithing.com
Luke on the dealers section here
www.deadlywind.com

DaFranchise1987
07-23-2005, 02:06 PM
would it be correct to say that the mags simplicity over comes the fact that theres more ups for the cocker and the fact that the cocker is tough/not easy to maintain. because ive defended the mag by sayin that you can easily buy a mag with the ups you want instead of having to later purchase them. also what about the procustom over the mag does that fly with anyone?

peewee
07-23-2005, 02:40 PM
You would be correct. Buying a ULE RT pro or a paradigm pro get you right to the top of the food chain with mags in regards to internal upgrades. I have a UlE pro & it has been without issue the two years I have had it. Cocker's in recent years have come a long way in regards to being less problematic than in the past( I bought my first back in 95 :tard: what was I thinking). I feel that in many cases people upgrade cockers unnecessarily. I saw someone buy an outkast then swap out just about every WGP part out of the front block for an aftermarket part. I had played with that paticular gun before & after, personally I couldnt tell the difference.

WARPED1
07-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Maybe a nice used Proto. Or the Ebladed cocker, they're fun.

cdacda13
07-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Can you say Karta or Dallera bodies?

1000x better than any cocker body.

WARPED1
07-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Didn't someone say he didn't give two craps about looks? So, why are we getting into a pissing contest over looks? Thats why I suggested a Proto, not to flashy, lots of go!

peewee
07-24-2005, 12:02 PM
And over the $500 spending limit.

WARPED1
07-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Not used, you can get them around $500 stock. I get them new a little over 5, but I have a secret store discount. :p

DaFranchise1987
07-25-2005, 05:41 AM
hmm thx i think ima save up for either a e-mag or my silver bullet lol j/k but hmm i was lookin at the promaster does anyone have any info on that? and about the whole looks thing i mean i dont want a totally ugly gun im just sayin im not into the whole "let me get an ion cause everyone else has one so they cant talk bout my gun" attitude, by the way anyone else realize how closely the ion resembles a mag in my opinion it does. :rofl:

mcdkid
07-25-2005, 06:41 AM
well an ion looks like a shocker... which looks like a mag.

WARPED1
07-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Promaster was the semi built by Line SI, who built the original Bushmaster pump. Line SI is long gone. I had 2 Promasters.

nirvana1234
07-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Promaster was the semi built by Line SI, who built the original Bushmaster pump. Line SI is long gone. I had 2 Promasters.
its also wat icd is calling the b2k5 which is already out i believe

deadbox101
07-25-2005, 04:16 PM
http://www.icdpaintball.com/icd05/marker_promaster.asp

oELEPHANTo
07-31-2005, 03:29 PM
Cockers are too annoying to maintain and keep working. Go with the mag.

buzzboy
07-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Mags don't really have anything that needs to be upgraded. Think. If you get an RT Pro Ule or anything based off it it is already maxed out. It has:

Body
Valve
Trigger
Trigger Frame
Rail
ASA
All of which are pretty darn upgraded themselves.

About the only thing you can get is electros, pneumatics, barrels and thats about it. Mags come with all the ups you need to have a great gun.

DaFranchise1987
08-01-2005, 03:48 AM
:sleeping: Okay its official im goin to either buy an used emag or rt off the forums here so im gonna probebly post a forum with a certain amount of money and i will take up one of the offers. the hting is in one hand i have used emag or i can get a rt and put a new frame on it which do you prefer and if u prefer the rt with a new frame which frame please think about everything including availability cause i heard thats a problem

buzzboy
08-01-2005, 08:03 AM
I would go for the RT but personally I have no reason for an electro. Plus it will be cheaper so that leaves you more money of ups.