PDA

View Full Version : ReTro with Benchy 2x?

JACK
12-01-2001, 10:27 PM
How is the pull? Is it like a dream :) or not so great? Thanx!

tysonmachado
12-01-2001, 11:19 PM
The benchy 2X has a long pull. Comparing it to the stock frame the trigger rod hits the trigger closer to the pivot on the benchy; I think that is why the pull is longer. I put an adjustable trigger stop in mine and that helped a lot. I used the same basic method described on g3pb.com in their tech section. The Retrovalve is much more sensitive to inconsistent trigger pull than the stock valves. Before the trigger job I had very erratic velocities (I also have a preset tank which doesn't help.) With the adjustable trigger stop I was able to get the pull just right and that made a world of difference.
Long story short, a retrovalve with a stock benchy 2x might give you problems but with a good trigger job it works great.

tysonmachado
12-01-2001, 11:21 PM
The benchy 2X has a long pull. Comparing it to the stock frame the trigger rod hits the trigger closer to the pivot on the benchy; I think that is why the pull is longer. I put an adjustable trigger stop in mine and that helped a lot. I used the same basic method described on g3pb.com in their tech section. The RetroValve is much more sensitive to inconsistent trigger pull than the stock valves. Before the trigger job I had very erratic velocities (I also have a preset tank which doesn't help.) With the adjustable trigger stop I was able to get the pull just right and that made a world of difference.
Long story short, a retrovalve with a stock bency 2x might give you problems but with a good trigger job it works great.

speedballbanks
12-02-2001, 10:42 AM
in my opinion i like the pull of the benchy i have mine with a retro valve and it works awesome i adjusted the trigger rod (i know iam not supposed to) but you only have to pull the trigger about a millimeter i will measure it with some calipers and it bunces yes it buonces on a retro anyways it is a nice trigger but i like the looks of the intelliframe a little better alot of people are with me on this one lol