PDA

View Full Version : Mini or the Norm?

SkatingPunk
12-01-2001, 10:36 PM
I am going to purchase A mag, but I don't know which one to get. Minmag or Automag? I was wondering which ones is a better gun (accuracy, speed, maintence) and why? any information will be appreciated. Thx

Mr. T!
12-01-2001, 10:59 PM
Both are exactly the same performance wise. They both use the AIR valve and the same internals. The difference between the two is the body. the Minimag has a different body style and has a verticle adapter instead of nothing. It comes with a barrel and ver. Adp., instead of how the classic comes without a barrel or adp.

tysonmachado
12-01-2001, 11:08 PM
The minimag and automag valves are identical. They will accept the same accessories and barrels. Both will perform identically.
The primary difference is the mainbody. The barrel shroud on the minimag is an extension of the stainless steel body and adds just a little weight (about as much as a foregrip) to the front of the gun. The Minimag also comes with one more star than a powerfeed automag, so you can get one more free service from AGD. The minimag also comes standard with a vertical adaptor, a short piece of braided steel air line, two 90 degree elbows, a quick disconnect, and a shorter stock barrel than the stock automag. The short braided line on my mini is threaded on the inside of one end with a small inline filter threaded into it which fits into a standard elbow. I bought mine used so I don't know if it is the line that came with it originally, but I like having the "invisible" filter.
Personally, I would go with the minimag. Mostly because I like the looks of the barrel shroud. It's also slightly less back heavy than an automag when they are set up identically. They are on sale at firstcallpaintball.com for $309, I have had only good experiences buying from them. You can probably get a powerfeed automag with similar accessories for about the same price. The decision between the two is really only a matter of aesthetics.

Oops! Mr. T posted while I was typing, he just said the same thing with less words!

SkatingPunk
12-02-2001, 12:09 AM
ok i think i am going to get the mini
thx guys

DYE-BaLLeR
12-02-2001, 08:10 AM
i would go with the auto. just because its less weight and i like showin off my barrel and not having it covered. also i think autos look cooler.