PDA

View Full Version : questions about a timmy

coastalkid
07-20-2005, 06:58 PM
i have a classic timmy with a new style front block and torpedo reg and i was wondering how to make the velocity higher. also my gun is a bit loud, is there a way to make it quieter? i have a dye stainless barrel.

VFX_Fenix
07-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Set your LPR to 55psi (the guage on the side of the gun will read this number)

The LPR is the adjustment on the front of the gun under the barrel.

Make your final velocity adjustments with the HPR (Torpedo).

And you're gun shouldn't be all that loud, though without hearing it I couldn't say if it was abnormally loud or not.

Hang on to that Dye SS Barrel, that's the piece that made DYE Precision famous.

If you still arne't satisfied with how quiet your gun is buy a barrel with more porting, like an All American, and that'll quiet it down a bit.

quik
07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
55 too low! Set that bad boy to 80psi.

VFX_Fenix
07-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I know that the Alias and Dark Timmies both work at 55psi, is there a reason the Classics are so much higher?

quik
07-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I know that the Alias and Dark Timmies both work at 55psi, is there a reason the Classics are so much higher?

Something with the noids If Im not mistaken, they are different.

VFX_Fenix
07-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Okay, good to know, ya learn something every day :cheers:

hobbesTZ
07-20-2005, 10:48 PM
I've ran my Classic LPR at 50, but 75-85 is the recommended range because that's what the solenoid is meant to run at. The Alias style might be differant in that respect, but some people will actually run at the higher pressure. To get your velocity right you also have to have the dwell set properly. I run mine at either 9 (or 10 if I'm using the SOB board) and that get's my velocity just right and it stays consistant. Because of the Intimidators design if the HPR pressure is to high it will close the valve too early resulting in low velocity (like with a 'cocker) so make sure you start with the reg. backed out so you can build the velocity until it peaks or you reach the desired number. It's a good idea to reset the regs. before you start your day of play anyway.

Automaggot68
07-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah. Becareful with the LPR.
I sold a Predator Timmy to a guy here on AO a while back, he screwed with it, ended up blwoing the noid. Blamed me. I stiill havent gotten ti straightened out. Last time i deal with a kid.

elpimpo
07-21-2005, 02:18 AM
i always ran my 2k2 around 70-75

coastalkid
07-21-2005, 10:57 AM
:cool: shweet, thanks for the replies! see you on the field

speedyejl
07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
To repost the above:

Running a lower preassure will give you a quieter marker, less kick, and better air usage, but a higher preassure will cycle faster and be more reliable.

Personally I run mine up at 90, never deal with FSDO, or the bolt jamming from dirt or paint shells. I'd rather have the reliablity over the cool factor of 50psi