PDA

View Full Version : The Quietist and Most Accurate Barrel

Gunsmoke
07-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering what barrel is the most quietist and accurate barrel on the market. I'm playing woodsball for awhile. Please give your opinions and why? Thanks

Head knight of Ni
07-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Accuracy depends on paint to barrel match and consistancy of the marker. Does how audible the shot is really matter.

SpitFire1299
07-21-2005, 02:08 PM
You would have to try different things i guess. Barrels really dont make the gun quieter enough to see a difference.

Spartan X
07-21-2005, 02:22 PM
You would have to try different things i guess. Barrels really dont make the gun quieter enough to see a difference.

The barrel with the most porting usually will give you the most quiet set up. But the biggest factor in a quiet gun/barrel is the gun. You can't do much to make a spyder quieter. But on a cocker... a barrel that has a good bit of porting (Like a ultralight) will be pretty darn quiet.

Tippys and A-5's are not that quiet either no matter what barrel you use.

personman
07-21-2005, 02:33 PM
A lapco bigshot is a very good barrel. But it doesnt have that much porting so if you want a quiet barrel i would say go with a barrel with a ton of porting like a long smart parts all american. But it will relaly decrease your gas efficiency.

68magOwner
07-21-2005, 06:00 PM
i have an old all americal on a tippy pro lite laying around, not a quiet marker still, but, for a pro lite, its very quiet.

Vex
07-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Why, Hammerhead of course... :rolleyes:

p8ntball72
07-21-2005, 07:15 PM
why would a barrel with more porting be any less efficient?

I was under the impression that "X" amount of pressure and volume were in the air chamber,
sealed until you pull the trigger... then "Y" micro seconds later it was sealed and recharged.

Doesnt the valve do a full cycle in less time than it takes for a ball to reach its "effective length"
the mag uses the on/off to seal the system so you shouldnt get any "blow by" while the bolt is cycling forward.

how much efficiency would you lose?

I have a 14 inch ported and a 14 inch non ported and have never seen a "noticable" differance in efficiency.

cdacda13
07-21-2005, 07:19 PM
J+J ceramic

alooney11
07-21-2005, 08:30 PM
crown point

FallNAngel
07-21-2005, 09:26 PM
why would a barrel with more porting be any less efficient?

Read this: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=180182

r-unit
07-21-2005, 09:35 PM
stiffi barrels seem very quiet to me, and since they come in kits accurate also.

p8ntball72
07-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Read this: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=180182

Ok.. so what are some numbers as far as shot's lost by running a ported barrel?

VFX_Fenix
07-21-2005, 10:33 PM
crown point

One word for that "Ping!"

And the quietest most accurate barrel in the world is!!!! Dun dun duuuuuuuun!!! The Suppression unit on the H&K MP5SD of course....

All said and done, you want quiet? Get a barrel with heap of porting... and I mean more than like the DYE Boomers, SP All Americans, etc. just massive ammounts of porting. Rule of thumb, the more porting a barrel has, the quieter it will be. (Has to do with controlling the rate at which the propellant gasses are expanding into the atmosphere)

NewMagMan21
07-21-2005, 11:04 PM
In my opinion (if money isnt a factor) the Hammer Head with fin kit. Mine is so accurate (with right paint which isnt really a prob with the kit) and it is very quite do it its porting. To explain it best it seems like all the sound is blasted backward because my marker sounds louder with it one but when Im in front of it is really quiet. Good Porting and works will all paint...just my opinion

StygShore
07-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Quietest barrel I have ever shot is my Ole Schhool Stainless Long Shot Barrel from Bob Long - Its like circa 1993. It is also incredibly accurate.

As far as modern barrels, there was an OTP Demon Series that is nice, the Lucky 15 kit is not too loud, and for those on a budget, J&J ceramic gets my vote.

Styg

Archangel Zer0
07-22-2005, 05:41 PM
In my opinion (if money isnt a factor) the Hammer Head with fin kit. Mine is so accurate (with right paint which isnt really a prob with the kit) and it is very quite do it its porting. To explain it best it seems like all the sound is blasted backward because my marker sounds louder with it one but when Im in front of it is really quiet. Good Porting and works will all paint...just my opinion
Here's everyone else's opinion:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177729

To answer the OP, Stiffi barrels are pretty quiet. I use them on all my guns.

SpecialBlend2786
07-22-2005, 07:13 PM
my old Dye Aluminum is pretty damn quiet.

Human124
07-22-2005, 10:09 PM
the quietest?

throw the ball at someone... :rofl:
they would never know it was coming until it hit... but they be like wtf?! lol

siloseven
07-22-2005, 10:55 PM
the quietest?

throw the ball at someone... :rofl:
they would never know it was coming until it hit... but they be like wtf?! lol

hey people on my team do do that! they use a hunting grade sling shot :ninja:

but for barrels, HammerHead. hint of range, accurate as can be and deadly quite down field.

MonsterMag
07-22-2005, 11:00 PM
J&J makes very quiet barrels.

hobbesTZ
07-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Quietest barrel I have ever shot is my Ole Schhool Stainless Long Shot Barrel from Bob Long - Its like circa 1993. It is also incredibly accurate.

As far as modern barrels, there was an OTP Demon Series that is nice, the Lucky 15 kit is not too loud, and for those on a budget, J&J ceramic gets my vote.

Styg

I've never seen anyone speak of the OTP Demon series barrels. I've had one that I've been using for a long time yet I know nothing about it. Mine is autococker threaded and it's not like what I've seen in pictures. The one I have is a one piece and resembles the Lucky 15 barrels.

lostrock
07-23-2005, 12:46 AM
hammerhead is my vote. All I can say about it is WOW

but for barrels, HammerHead. hint of range, accurate as can be and deadly quite down field.

M-a-s-sDriver
07-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Mass Produced, Stiffi is by far the quietest. Very silent downrange, as well as on the gun.
Have Palmer's tune one of his to your gun and you will be amazed as to how silent it is, and be very efficient.
Brent.

tdogreb
07-23-2005, 11:15 AM
The Armason Stealth is the quietest barrel money can buy. On an automag all you can here is the action of the gun.

Gunsmoke
07-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Alrite thanks for all the opinions so far. I have heard nothing but great things from the stiffi. I know the J&J barrels are pretty darn good too.
I will be playing mostly woodsball anyways guys.

azzkikr
07-25-2005, 07:13 AM
match the paint on an 16in all american, it doesnt hurt if you have a closed breach gun(not powerfeed). and you got your answer.

azzkikr

Target Practice
07-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Oh hey, would you look at that, it's "What's the quietest and most accurate barrel?" thread number 283659652452.

Chronobreak
07-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh hey, would you look at that, it's "What's the quietest and most accurate barrel?" thread number 283659652452.

sadly..people are actualy giving type os barrels.. :wow:

a barrel is a barrel

paint to bore(barrel inside) match and the consistency of the gun will make the most difference of anything.

Mr. Mouse
07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
www.endgameinc.com

Target Practice
07-25-2005, 06:38 PM
www.endgameinc.com

More like www.endgamegimic.com

staticdecay
07-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I like the Lucky 15 barrels got the .691 bore and its great. Got mine at Warped Sportz.

CodeMA
07-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Hammerhead for sure...

hammerheadpaintball.com to order

Great all around barrels...ignore the hate, they will most deffently accomidate your needs and then some

ShocktoSanity
07-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Has anyone played with or shot any of WWA's truth series barrels. I'd Like to know I'm really thinking on buying one based on what I've herd of his reputation.

VFX_Fenix
07-27-2005, 03:14 AM
I'll weigh in and second the good old Bob Long SS Long Shot, aside from that, my CP One Piece barrels are pretty darn quiet, at least they're quiet enough to get comments on how quiet they make my Mag.

Miscue
07-27-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't know how quiet Hammerheads are, but they are no more accurate and do not get any more range than any other barrel. Their "rifling" does not work. Anyone who says otherwise is a tool. I recommend that you avoid them on principle alone.

Target Practice
07-27-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't know how quiet Hammerheads are, but they are no more accurate and do not get any more range than any other barrel. Their "rifling" does not work. Anyone who says otherwise is a tool. I recommend that you avoid them on principle alone.

And so it begins.

Hey Cue, how's it going?

Chronobreak
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Has anyone played with or shot any of WWA's truth series barrels. I'd Like to know I'm really thinking on buying one based on what I've herd of his reputation.

i use one as my main barrel

i think the bore is right around .688 or so and fits about 90% of the paint ive used perfectly

sound is probly medium ish(people have commented on it being quiet) but i never really thought it was super silent or anything.

its a nicely honed barrel that is just as good as anythign else, and for the $ you CANT beat it :clap:

Miscue
07-27-2005, 04:05 PM
And so it begins.

Hey Cue, how's it going?

Eh... been busy. Hiking, running, cycling, weight training... getting ready for a bike/run in October, and stuff. In other words... what I've been doing instead of paintball and going to IAO and all. :p

ShocktoSanity
07-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Thank you Chronobreak, I was really lookign foward to buyign one really bad now. Along with one of THE MAG SMITHS automags.

Gunsmoke
07-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Just wondering anyone used a matchstik barrel or a j&j edge kit? I have heard some good rumors these barrels.

JRingold
07-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Just wondering anyone used a matchstik barrel or a j&j edge kit? I have heard some good rumors these barrels.

EDGE kit, yes I have one. As far as barrel kits go, um it shoots. I don't really have anything on which to base a comparison. Paint goes in and comes out whole. When you're using accuracy by volume, what more can you ask?? Just like with my Evil Pipe kit.

lather
07-30-2005, 04:08 AM

I have the matchstik kit for my mag. Its well made and shoots as well as any other kit. MacDev really should come out with more than just cocker-threaded backs though.

oELEPHANTo
07-31-2005, 03:02 PM
I would suggest something with an interchangeable back size. Accuracy is all about the paint to bore size.

PaintballSmurf13
07-31-2005, 07:08 PM
if you want it quite AND accurate...
Dye Ultralight backs (3 bores) + Stiffi Tip... get 3 great bores, which is all you really need and you get a stiffi tip that will make the barrel 16" overall...and you'll have one crazy quite barrel that has great accuracy. :shooting:

germanman
08-01-2005, 07:20 PM
I love my St!ffi, but the new BT Apex is supposed to be all it's cracked up to be, so it sounds good.