PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Person or Silly Me?

MadPSIence
07-21-2005, 11:24 PM
I was over at the AKAO forums asking about a setup of mine and when I mentioned my Dye Throttle 70ci tank (850psi preset) someone started talking about how they they throttle tanks and how their "recharge" is terrible... also an AKA owner..

Seeing as how Excalibur's and Viking's are low pressure... and seeing how an airtank is CONSTANT output I thought.. is this guy retarded?

I mean.. what needs to recharge? It's a damned constant stream of air.. 850psi of it available. I think the guy must have been smoking the ganja.

Or do I miss something? Isn't consistancy/recharge related to your final regulator.. or in a mag.. the Valve?

cdacda13
07-21-2005, 11:34 PM
You're the one missing something. Tank recharge rates are very important. Crossfire has amazing recharge rates. Dye tanks I haven't heard that great of things about.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-21-2005, 11:39 PM
If the tank's recharge rate is slower than the recharge of the main inline reg, the entire recharge rate becomes that of the tank reg.

onedude36
07-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Your only as strong as your weakest link. Or in this case only as fast as your slowest reg.

VFX_Fenix
07-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Part of the issue that you're dealing with is the fact that your Throtle has such a HUGE pressure gradient between what it's putting out and what your Sidewinder is putting out. Under these conditions you most likely won't see any effect of a slow recharge on the Throtle because of that one fact. If you were using the Throtle on say... I dunno... an E-Mag, you may start to see some shoot-down/recharge issues crop up.

Kevmaster
07-22-2005, 04:56 PM
right...even if the throttle hsa a crappy recharge rate, because you only need 200psi out of the sidewinder/two-liter...you should be fine.

Faddy
07-22-2005, 06:24 PM
I mean.. what needs to recharge? It's a damned constant stream of air.. 850psi of it available.

Without going into great detail, the regulators don't really put out a constant stream of air. Every shot you shoot, the reg has to release air, and reset to being full of air. If your reg has a slow recharge, you will get shoot down as the gun will fire without the reg being fully charged.

MadPSIence
07-22-2005, 09:40 PM
i did notice on my old mag with a dye throttle... my FPS was inconsistant... then again my valve and bolt were brand new and saw less than 1000 shots... same with the tank.

RingOfScale
07-23-2005, 12:36 AM
people have complained about the recharges of throttle regs, but unless i'm mistaken, isnt it still considerably above most RoFs anyway, so it doesnt matter, even if technically thy are bad ?

slade
07-23-2005, 11:15 AM
ummmm.....

well technically i suppose it wouldnt be much of a problem, considering you have a viking which is efficient and runs off of 200 psi, but...

seriously here now, you play paintball (and have for a while i assume), your username has "PSI" in it, your freakin tag under your name is "innovation 101" and you dont even know how a reg works??

and then you flame someone who knows what hes talking about.