PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used paintballgeeks.com?

JACK
12-01-2001, 10:47 PM
Have any complaints? R they reliable? Thanx for the help!

User
12-02-2001, 08:00 AM
I have had good experience with them; ordered a Flex7 IZE a while ago and got it at the expected time. I have heard complaints from others though; there was a thread a while back on them asking the same question.

Automager
12-02-2001, 08:15 AM
Hey i had a bad experience with them. I sent them a check for $45, i called them 4 weeks later to see why it was taking so long to ship, they said the check was missing. Why didnt they call, email me, or mail me something saying my check was missing i dont know, but i dont trust them because the post office would send me back damaged mail. So i think that they stole my check. Just be cautios with them.

Mild 7
12-02-2001, 08:50 AM
My friend ordered a chrome RT Pro from them on the 1st week of August. Two weeks later, they informed my friend they do not have the chromed RT Pro and will have to wait. My friend agreed. Then, another week and a half went by and my friend is becoming very impatient and inquire them about the order. They said they have something coming very soon. To fast forward this story, my friend didn't get his RT Pro 'till the weekend of 911. Sound absurd?

Well, once we saw the RT Pro, our anger and dissatisfaction was knocked down by a good notch. The RT Pro had a Benchmark frame w/double trigger and a drop forward. We called the Geeks up and ask'em if this was the order, they said yes and informed us that since the wait was so long, this is their way of showing they were sorry and yada yada yada.

Okay, then off we went to find some air source for this baby. We went to Islandpaintball, and bought a PMI 48/4500 & adaptor. The gun was having problem upon gassing up, then it would shoot, then die out. Or, it will just leak all over the place and had a mind of its own. Since the geeks was located at Connecticut which was a 45 mins ride away from us, we decided to pay'em a visit. We told their air smith what's going on with the Pro, he was cool and tried to help. After working on the gun for 10 minutes, the owner of the store yelled and threaten him NOT to work on the gun and take care of other customers. I went up to the owner and ask him what's his problem. He says if we BOTHER to look at the store policy, it states clearily that (ITEM 6B) they DO NOT work on guns. I expressed that's fine, but the atitude is NOT necessary since 1.-He only waited over 1.5 month to get his RT Pro. 2.-His gun came D.O.A., and 3.- You guys charged his credit card for $600 with no delay. How about a little sympathy? How about if I was to refund the RT pro to end this B.S.? Well, then you or your friend will be subjected to the 20% Restocking fee (Item 8).

To make this story short, my friend will not give up the RT Pro and ended up going back to the Geeks over 4 times from NY to Conn. The marker eventually went back to Pro-Team for another week 'cause the store stated they were the source of the problem. Funny thing is, I think they're the one with the problem, the attitude, and ethics. Their policy provides the buyers very little right under marker purchases and I would hate to see another innocent consumer gets caught with them.

In addition, the viewloader my friend had along with his purchase with the RT Pro was shattered after getting shot on the hopper. Since the store did NOT provided a detailed receipt over email or in the package, Viewloader will not honor the warranty. My friend is still trying to get a hold of them for this past 2 weeks. Is it really all that hard?

Mild 7
12-02-2001, 08:53 AM
I didn't mean to start a new thread. This was actually a reply to Jack's Paintballgeek.com.

Neech
12-02-2001, 09:47 AM
I've heard more bad than good. Try CountyPaintball.com in NJ. I've had nothing but great service for about 2 years.

irbodden
12-02-2001, 09:59 AM
PaintballGeeks, they were the one running that paintball scam right? They bought out a warehouse of old Diablo paint, and repackaged it claiming to be top tourny level balls. That was them right?

JACK
12-02-2001, 11:31 AM
No paintballgeeks!!! Especially from wat mild 7 and irbodden said. That ticks me off! :(

MagMan5446
12-02-2001, 03:02 PM
Predator-Paintball.com It's in sacremento too.

OrangeDude
12-02-2001, 04:25 PM
Hey Mild 7,
THAT IS SERIOUSLY (No Cursing or avoiding the filter - cphilip)!!! If I were you Id try to do these three things. 1.Call your credit card company and tell them that you recieved the product damaged and was not satisfied with that companies product. If you have enough proof that you bought it from them and that it was withing a reasonable amount of time the Credit card will dispute it for you and you won't have to pay squat including the 20% crap. But i hope your friend kept all the info and reciepts they sent him inlcuding email conversations. The CC company will ask for everything so they can use it in their case. 2. go to the better business burea www.bbb.org and file a complaint. The more complaints the more evidence that the company is ripping people off and eventually something should happen. Maybe the next guy who gets ripped will sue them and they'll find a huge file of complaints on them for evidence. 3. Call good ol AGD and tell them everything. Knowing their excellent service and superb customer care they should take care of a loyal Agd member. Tom will set things straight with them! And whats wrong with predator magman?

skipdogg
12-03-2001, 09:18 AM
i personally have reported them to the BBB!!!!