PDA

View Full Version : Great Googly-Moogly: Here's a Flashback!

Vex
07-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Great retro reading from WARPIG:

Memory Lane (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/wc96/vendor.shtml)

Maggot6
07-22-2005, 06:04 PM
I didn't learn anything new in that RT article, but the part where the writer says there is suspicions to a new air source or whatever;

"One of the surprising features of the new 'mag is a series of gas output ports near the rear of the grip frame. Kaye announced that these are to allow for "future gas powered accessories". With no description of the feed system used for testing, and the accessory ports in the design, many people have speculated that an air powered positive feed system may be in the works."

I wonder what that source was...:tard: someone fill me in ? or did it never come out..

VFX_Fenix
07-22-2005, 06:20 PM
While the fastest technician at AGD, Jeff Streiber, has been able to fire the RT at 9 shots a second, with an electronic trigger pulling test device and forced feed system (which Kaye declined to describe), AGD has fired paint through the RT at a rate of 26 balls per second. One of the surprising features of the new 'mag is a series of gas output ports near the rear of the grip frame. Kaye announced that these are to allow for "future gas powered accessories". With no description of the feed system used for testing, and the accessory ports in the design, many people have speculated that an air powered positive feed system may be in the works.

The force feed system in question is most likely the Warp Feed. The author speculates that it will be pneumatically driven and at one point it may have been concieved as being air driven but I highly doubt that.

Army
07-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Fenix, this article is from 1996..............many many moons before the inception of the Warp. Pneumatic feed was being attempted on many markers and hoppers with varying results, none too successful.

One can only imagine what was up in Toms mind when he designed the original RT rail.

mcdkid
07-22-2005, 08:48 PM
One can only imagine what was up in Toms mind when he designed the original RT rail.

Arby's

http://x1.putfile.com/7/20300531836.jpg

SpecialBlend2786
07-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Arby's

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/tka.jpg

HAHAHAH

I'm thinkin Arby's too

mcdkid
07-23-2005, 01:46 AM
someone got it...

space_weazel_45
07-23-2005, 04:20 AM
i want to know what happened to the gun mike from CCI was making? anyone?

VFX_Fenix
07-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Fenix, this article is from 1996..............many many moons before the inception of the Warp. Pneumatic feed was being attempted on many markers and hoppers with varying results, none too successful.

That doesn't mean that it wasn't the progenitor of the Warp Feed which was used and was illuded to by Tom. Think of it as the Cyclone system for the A-5, originally it was seen on teh Tippmann F/A proto types as a spring driven system which required winding before use, much like the modern Q-loader or various drum magazines used on modern firearms.

Miscue
07-23-2005, 06:13 AM
That was when paintball was fun.

Dayspring
07-23-2005, 10:57 AM
And Glenn was young-er. ;)

Pump Scout
07-23-2005, 01:22 PM
i want to know what happened to the gun mike from CCI was making? anyone?

Would you believe it was dropped because there was widespread belief at the time that nobody would accept an electronically-activated paintgun? A still-born project, although it was enough to have Mike dragged into the whole SP-patent mess briefly.

peewee
07-23-2005, 02:56 PM
I used to brow beat Mike back then. I would call about every two weeks asking if it was done yet. :bounce: Really disapointed that it never came out.