PDA

View Full Version : Noticing a few things...

Maggot6
07-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Today I went to play some rec ball with my sisters friend (virtually an adopted brother...) and got myself as dirty as I ever could paintballing. Between just wiping the paint on my neck, or all around my jersey for a cause..After we both went to the mall, me in full gear (head to ankle between beenie and pants) paint multicolor everywhere, and him with just normal track pants and tshirt. We tried just to get into the biggest crouds and the most populated intersections (what else do you call them?:tard: ) Personally I was expecting everyone to give me wierd looks, and degrading comments. But surprisingly, all I got was, well, weird looks but no degrading comments. 2 or 3 people actually said things relating to paintball, like "is that for paintball?" a few others just said random comments with a smile. This brings me to ask, do you think that paintball is becoming more socially excepted, rather than a bunch of "camo freaks who play army"?

SpecialBlend2786
07-22-2005, 07:10 PM
I think so. Many times I will get comments at school just about my Dye lanyard that i keep my keys on. More people are interested in paintball or at least interested in trying. I know that pretty much every time I go paintballing I'm bringing someone along that has never tried it.

Jaan
07-22-2005, 07:11 PM
snip ... do you think that paintball is becoming more socially excepted, rather than a bunch of "camo freaks who play army"?I think so, it's like everything else. At first when most people don't know about a new thing they get scared but once enough people have tried whatever then people generally accept it. It was like that with Dungeons & Dragons, Heavy Metal and Rap music etc.

10 years ago coming back from a paintball game just after the Oklahoma City bombing my friends and I got pulled over by the state police just for wearing camo. :nono:

Eagle
07-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey, I'm navy, I take offence to being called Army :D

Chronobreak
07-22-2005, 08:41 PM
ive had af ew looks in my gear but i expect taht from those who dont understand ;)

went into walgreens and the guy at the checkout commented on my jersey and said he played every once in a while and had a spyder :)..too abd he didnt know what an automag is :tard:

Army
07-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Consider it a high honor.

Eagle
07-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Consider it a high honor.

lol

Actually, about 8 years or so, a couple friends and I were playing some night time outlaw ball, and after we were done we walked into an all night Kmart, still wearing our cammies. Some little old lady asked us if we were hunting, we said yes. She asked what was in season, and we just pointed at each other.

mcdkid
07-22-2005, 09:19 PM
lol

Actually, about 8 years or so, a couple friends and I were playing some night time outlaw ball, and after we were done we walked into an all night Kmart, still wearing our cammies. Some little old lady asked us if we were hunting, we said yes. She asked what was in season, and we just pointed at each other.

i'd eat ya...

Eagle
07-22-2005, 10:03 PM
i'd eat ya...

I taste best with A1 :p

buzzboy
07-23-2005, 07:46 AM
I live on a really small island and a lot of people play paintball. Most everyone knows what it is. Though I have worn my old paintball shirt(it ain't gray anymore :D ) in my parents shop and I got many people wanting to talk paintball with me. I've had a lot just come up and say, "What kind of gun do you have" or something to that effect. Its kinda cool.

warbeak2099
07-23-2005, 08:40 AM

Woot, Navy p3wns all. Where are you stationed and what do you do? My uncle's in the Atlantic fleet. He's the skipper of the Carr right now and is going to be the XO of the Kearsaerge in like a year I think.

Eagle
07-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Woot, Navy p3wns all. Where are you stationed and what do you do? My uncle's in the Atlantic fleet. He's the skipper of the Carr right now and is going to be the XO of the Kearsaerge in like a year I think.

I just got out. Was stationed at Portsmouth shipyard in Maine, and befor that in Norfolk.

Zeppelin Rules!!!!

Spartan X
07-23-2005, 11:44 AM
I just got out. Was stationed at Portsmouth shipyard in Maine, and befor that in Norfolk.

Zeppelin Rules!!!!

I leave in less then a onth for a private rescue team training program that last's just over a year/ After that I plan to enlist in the navy myself.

warbeak2099
07-23-2005, 11:47 PM

Zeppelin Rules!!!!

Yes they do rule!!! My uncle has been in Norfolk for a while now. Were you and enlisted man, mustang, or officer? I wonder if you served with him or something.