PDA

View Full Version : marker not firing

counterstrike53
07-22-2005, 11:24 PM
i've recently been trying to tune my lvl 10. im using the carrier with one dot, as this is the largest carrier that doesn't leak. however, i cannot get my marker to fire. i've tried putting my finger in the chamber and pushing really hard on the bolt to be sure the bolt is all the way back, i've tried turning up the velocity all the way (air vents out the back and marker still will not fire) , i've made sure there was plenty of pressure in my tank, my powertube assembly is lubed, my whole marker is lubed, and im completely confused and why the marker wont fire. can somebody help me?

edit: i am using the medium (red) spring and have 2 shims in place.

Maggot6
07-23-2005, 05:37 AM
Huh,... I was going to say ajust velocity, but well, I was going to say lube it up, but well,..

Are you sure you followed the correct steps? Are you sure the safety isn't on :tard:

VFX_Fenix
07-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Do this for me.

0) Make sure your On/Off is installed propperly -

1) Change your carrier back to a 1.5 and put a fresh carrier O-Ring in it, place the one you're using aside. Do NOT lube the new o-ring.

2) Swap your Red spring (which is your heavy spring I might add) for the Silver spring (medium spring).

3) Remove all the shims from the system, gas up and make sure it doesn't leak. If it does leak adjust your carrier down half a size until the leak stops.

4) If the gun does not leak with the velocity nut turned in until the valve leaks de-gass the system and add 2 shims. Test fire the gun/check for leaks remembering to adjust velocity up until the marker cycles propperly.

5) Add/remove shims until the marker fires reliably then make sure the bolt doesn't get stuck forward when you simulate a partially fed ball (Swab down the feed neck). repeat as necesary.

6) When all else fails strip the valve down, clean everything off, check all the o-rings for wear, reasemble greased but otherwise dry in the power tip, add oil to the On/Off, ASA, and gas up - Attempt to dry fire with the silver spring and the largest carrier that didn't leak AFTER you changed the carrier O-Ring and 2 shims.

7) Repeat steps 3 through 5 if the marker doesn't fire or leaks.

Tunaman
07-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Do this for me.

0) Make sure your On/Off is installed propperly -

1) Change your carrier back to a 1.5 and put a fresh carrier O-Ring in it, place the one you're using aside. Do NOT lube the new o-ring.

2) Swap your Red spring (which is your heavy spring I might add) for the Silver spring (medium spring).

3) Remove all the shims from the system, gas up and make sure it doesn't leak. If it does leak adjust your carrier down half a size until the leak stops.

4) If the gun does not leak with the velocity nut turned in until the valve leaks de-gass the system and add 2 shims. Test fire the gun/check for leaks remembering to adjust velocity up until the marker cycles propperly.

5) Add/remove shims until the marker fires reliably then make sure the bolt doesn't get stuck forward when you simulate a partially fed ball (Swab down the feed neck). repeat as necesary.

6) When all else fails strip the valve down, clean everything off, check all the o-rings for wear, reasemble greased but otherwise dry in the power tip, add oil to the On/Off, ASA, and gas up - Attempt to dry fire with the silver spring and the largest carrier that didn't leak AFTER you changed the carrier O-Ring and 2 shims.

7) Repeat steps 3 through 5 if the marker doesn't fire or leaks.The red spring is the MIDDLE spring. Start with the GOLD spring...which is the smallest.

counterstrike53
07-23-2005, 11:09 AM
i am currently using the largest carrier that doesn't leak, which is the size 1 (one line). 1.5 leaks like crazy. i have tried every spring/non leaking carrier combination there is. i dont know what the heck is going on.... lol the saftey is off. i'll try the other thigns you guys said like removing shims and putting in new o rings and stuff soon. but if that doesn't work im taking it to my shop to find out what the heck is going on.

edit: i think im on to something... i never broke in my o rings because of course, the gun wouldn't fire.... maybe i could get a used carrier o ring from the mag owner at my local shop and try that out? oh by the way... it wouldn't fire even when the gun WAS leaking with larger carriers.

edit again: IT IS ALIVE! err umm at least it fires this time. i am using the 1.0 carrier with a brand new un lubed o ring with no shims and the shortest spring. it fires about 3 times and then it just stops and wont do anything until i air it up again. whats the next step guys?

athomas
07-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Are you using a standard on-off or a ULT on-off?

Use the shortest gold spring, no shims in the powertube.

VFX_Fenix
07-23-2005, 11:49 PM
The red spring is the MIDDLE spring. Start with the GOLD spring...which is the smallest.

That's wierd, in the manual it says the spring that's missing a coil is the middle spring, which for me is the silver one. The Red spring has two nicely finished ends on it. Do I just have a wierd version of the Level 10 springs (Came that way from WWA and it was purchased new) or what's the deal with that? I also have to chrono higher with my Red Spring to get my gun to cycle propperly.

athomas
07-24-2005, 03:49 PM
The original level 10 kits came with silver springs. The middle spring was the longer spring with a coil cut off it. The new version has the red spring that replaces the cut spring.

So:

gold spring = lightest (hardest hit)
red or cut spring = middle (medium hit) most versatile
silver spring = stiffest (lightest hit)