PDA

View Full Version : locking your gearbox

master_alexander
07-23-2005, 02:08 PM
for thoese people that have a huge box or trunk etc... that they put all of their gear in at the field, do you lock your box? if you do lock it then someone can always walk off with it, but if you dont then that prevents the look in and take situation 2where you dont notice it until your home. and then another thought is if you put a lock on it might make a better target for thoes people who steal, because you feel that you have something of enough value to steal.

just my everyday thoughts of the morning shower...

ponder and comment

Maggot6
07-23-2005, 02:51 PM
I hate leaving my stuff inbetween games, when I can I always look at it...

68magOwner
07-23-2005, 03:18 PM
I dont lock my gearbag, if i had a lock i probably would, but, never get around too it. But, the thing is, i dont normally have anything in there worth stealing. If i bring an extra marker, i either have someone using it, or leave it locked in the trunk of my car. In my gearbag, there is preety much only my paint, extra pods, tools, then just randome rags for cleaning/fittings, whatever. Probably the most valuable part of my gearbag is the bag itself (won some really nice empire huge roller thing). I mean, if i have my pack, marker, tank, mask with me, not alot left to take. Mabey my revvy or halo (whichever im not using) but, meh, i know and trust the majority of the people at the, and there is always someone i know who isnt playing who can watch out for everyones stuff while we are playing.

Lee
07-23-2005, 03:28 PM
i have a blazer and work out of the back of it whenever i can.

if staging is seperate from parking, i bring only what i'm going to use.

SpitFire1299
07-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I have a case, i lock it of course.. its better to be safe than sorry.

wanna-b-ballin'
07-23-2005, 06:12 PM
i have a big case i can lock my stuff in, but then instead of just leaving it around, i lock the case to a table or something. i havent needed to do that yet, but i have the stuff just laying around and ready to be used.

Mag Master 04
07-23-2005, 06:45 PM
i have a large tote, and i usually stay around the office at the staging area and just tell them to keep an eye out for my stuff while im gone. only once have i had any problems and it wasnt much...just some stolen paint. but if i had a lock i prolly would lock up

ojhspyro89
07-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I only bring what i need. The only thing that is really left in my bag is some tools and mabye an extra hopper. I have some valuable bits and peices but nothing in particular that would cause someone to steal something of mine.

I just bring a backpack and put it under the picnic tables.

Lohman446
07-23-2005, 08:34 PM
I lock my pistol and my wallet in my glovebox, I leave a full setup (tank, loader, and Proto or Devilmag) sitting on top of my table, and noone messes with it.. I take one bag of paint at a time from the store so it does nto weather... Guess I just play with a better crowd

Kevmaster
07-23-2005, 09:06 PM
i've never locked my stuff up...anything...

FallNAngel
07-25-2005, 11:07 AM
outdoor fields: I'll leave what I'm not using in the car unless someone is sitting at the table with it.

indoor fields: I'll bring in stuff generally as I need it. I might bring in my full tub of gear and my toolbox when I get there to crono, get set up... but I'll likely take it back to the car once I'm done.

Pacifist_Farmer
07-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Fortunately since the only guns I bring to the field anymore are mags I never have to worry about any one stealing them, they aren't "agg" enough

I have never locked my gear, and I have never had any gear stolen, call me lucky