PDA

View Full Version : LvL 7 Foamy or LvL 10 with Short spring?

Spartan X
07-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey Guys, My Emag is getting a Pred 2/Morlock installed right now with laser eyes. Should I just keep the lvl 10 in there as is with the shortest spring, or should I get the lvl 7 foamy bolt as devil den's recomend for the devil mag? I do not care about efficiancy, but I know the LvL 10 can be a bit slow and cuff easier and can have issues every once in a while (from past experiance) Is it easy to swap the lvl 10 in and out with the lvl 7?

The ant-chop feature as not the only selling point to the lvl 10. Remembering Toms interview that I saw on the net, he also said it reduced recoil because it's alot lighter then the lvl 7, also because it was slowed down it was easier on paint because the bolt did not move so blinding fast...also yah got a Foamy on there

So my question is, would it be BETTER to put a lvl 7 on a Mag that has eyes, or would it be better if you just used the lvl 10 with the smallest spring..or fastest, most efficiant/ hardest on paint set up?

Yes it will be at IAO...Acid Red lowers with black ULE body and x-valve.

magman007
07-23-2005, 10:14 PM
keep lvl 10. I dont care what the reasoning behind the devil mag is, the bolt is still too fast, and can still crack paintballs and burst them in the barrel.

minimag03
07-23-2005, 10:34 PM
I still use the lvl 7 non-fomie bolt and and I don't break any paint. I have also owned a lvl 10, but I thought the tuning was more trouble than it was worth. Honestly, if your lvl 10 is working then save the money and stick with it.

Spartan X
07-23-2005, 10:39 PM
How much do lvl 7 foamies run?

mcdkid
07-23-2005, 11:38 PM
i think themagsmith.com has em.

hell i think i have 3 or 4 here. lol

warbeak2099
07-23-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm going to be ditching my lvl 10 for a lvl 7 when I get eyes. That's just my opinion tho.

indulgence
07-24-2005, 12:38 AM
well I have a mag with pred and laser eye mod also, I have had times when I have heard the lvl 10 work, even with eyes on, either it was because it was a misfeed or the halo was out of balls. but if you want to shoot faster use lvl 7, if you want moderate speed and have that lvl 10 as back up go with that.

also, the tuning is not more than its worth, get it right and you will like it.

AGDlover
07-24-2005, 09:42 AM
lvl10 with eyes incase for some reason the eyes suck :rolleyes: :p

Dayspring
07-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Magman's correct. The bolt speed can still crack the ball in the feedneck. Short spring it with level 10.

Spartan X
07-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Magman's correct. The bolt speed can still crack the ball in the feedneck. Short spring it with level 10.

All right I'll just stick with the lvl 10 with a short spring...at least I know the lvl 10 can handle 20 bps...so thats plenty fast.

The Guy I bought the E-Mag from did not give me at lvl 10 parts. So I guess while I'm at IAO I'll ask the guys at thge booth what I have, and if it's not the right set up see what they can do.

Lohman446
07-24-2005, 05:32 PM
I have shot about 4 cases through the Devilmag, and not had a single ball break in it - using a very short feedneck (CCM no-pro) a chopped Empire B, and reasonably brittle paint. I don't like LX for tuning reasons...

Spartan X
07-24-2005, 06:04 PM
I have shot about 4 cases through the Devilmag, and not had a single ball break in it - using a very short feedneck (CCM no-pro) a chopped Empire B, and reasonably brittle paint. I don't like LX for tuning reasons...

Hrm hearing that I may just try it for my self. This they will have any they could sell me at IAO

Maybe I could get one of you guys to show me how to take care of my vlv 10 properly as well while we are there.

rkjunior303
07-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Hrm hearing that I may just try it for my self. This they will have any they could sell me at IAO

Maybe I could get one of you guys to show me how to take care of my vlv 10 properly as well while we are there.

that thing better be ready for thursday :)

Scott Hudnall
07-24-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm not a L10 fan for the tuning reasons.

I use the L7 foamie bolt. I will always contend that if you use good quality paint, a fast loader and the FOAMIE L7 then you will have little or no paint breaks. I've had no breaks this season.....seriously.....dang it now I'm cursed.

No bolt will entirely prevent ball breaks, such as barrel breaks.

Dayspring
07-24-2005, 11:12 PM
You guys make it sound like the level 10 takes hours to tune. Or requires a HUGE upkeep.

the123
07-25-2005, 12:28 AM
If you really don't care about efficiency, keep the LX only for recoil reasons. The bolt is a bit lighter. The L7 bolt could use to have the bolt rounded at the tip to reduce the number of ball-waiting cracks.
It seems to me there is a tiny bit more blowback with L7 also. With a force-fed loader, it shouldn't be an issue.