PDA

View Full Version : Lets list some team callouts. sharing time yaay!

Carbon
07-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Granted we play 5 man. For the most pary we try to keep them monsylabic for efficiency sake. But some of the multi sylabic calls are pretty distinc, so we've stuck with them. As this game requires a great deal of flexibillity, we tried to keep our codes flexible as well. Often time we will throw a mix of common bunker names (dorito, beer can, stand up, ect.) with our permamnents setof calls.

At this point, we are practicing with earplugs on. it helps quite a bit especially the back guys, it helps project their calls more. This was actually inspired from a recent tourny we went to, where a team of deaf players competed.

when we eliminate we use G's or fish

when we get eliminated we use A(number of players gone or person) If we get an A early in the game, we ususally say A(teamate name) as to indicate what position is lost.

we tend to number the 1st, 6 -7 back bunkers from left to right numerically. 1, 2, 3, 4, ect.

Any bunker before the snake we call "Door", because the door opens the way to the snake.

Money, Change or Cash. These are the bunkers our front guys generally designate as their "key" spots. Sometimes these key spots change from game to game sometimes they stay the same.

Bump 1, Bump 2, bump 3, ect. Bunkers designated before the money, Change or Cash bunkers. Most of the times the fronts will get into any number of Bump bunkers before reaching their money, change, cash bunkers. Otehr time when the oppertunity arrive the fronts will go to their money bunkers. It all depends of the situation actually.

Flip. to bunker someone immideately. This is almost an emergency call. Whene our fronts hear flip, they should always stop what they are doing and bunker someone.
(team members name)flp means your bunker is hot and need flipping.

Bling. the flag.

say name 3x. usually a backmans call for a reload.

24. run through.

iso (bunker name). Isolate, a call when ther is only one g or fish left. sometime we wil use an Iso call with a 24 call.

more when i think of em

Blennidae
07-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Where does the "Lil John" stuff come in? :D

Lohman446
07-24-2005, 04:58 PM
My team has learned.. confuse me with odd calls and I make a desperate run up the tapeline...

Blazestorm
07-24-2005, 07:00 PM
That's too damn confusing... I prefer just calling the bunkers what they are, maybe having nicknames if it makes it easier... then just calling 77 (first number = your team, second number = opponents).

rkjunior303
07-24-2005, 07:19 PM
We run our counts.. 5-4 4-4 etc..

aside from that, we just have a couple..

flash (position): concentrate on that bunker
inquisition: push up the field (3 on 1, 2 on 1 etc)
blackhawk: gun down
bruce almighty: gun back up

there are a few others but i cant remember them lol

warbeak2099
07-24-2005, 08:45 PM
How did that deaf team do? I'd like to know more about them. My sister is deaf and has a cochlear implant which for anyone who doesn't know is a magnetic device that's implanted in the cochlea and actually restores the hearing of a person. It's a miracle. Got any info on these guys? I'd like to know if they're like my sis who is being encouraged to learn to hear and speak with her implant, or if they're those radical deaf mumbling idiots that think deafness is a culture or something and the cochlear implant is from the devil lol. A deaf paintball team is very interesting to me. They have a website?

slade
07-24-2005, 08:53 PM
We run our counts.. 5-4 4-4 etc..

aside from that, we just have a couple..

flash (position): concentrate on that bunker
inquisition: push up the field (3 on 1, 2 on 1 etc)
blackhawk: gun down
bruce almighty: gun back up

there are a few others but i cant remember them lol
heh, same here

actually i think flash was the call for bunkering, and there was another call for shooting at a bunker. or maybe it was the other way around. :confused: oh well, i hope no one uses those calls anytime soon... it could end badly if i try to bunker someone im supposed to be shooting at. :p

Carbon
07-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Warbreak, the team was called Silent Killers. They didnt do so hot, not because they were deaf, mostly because they didnt make very smart moves and their breakout did not look all that great. They played very defensive and their fronts weren't agressive enough.

Intrestingly enough they used hand signals to communicate. From what i remeber they played mostly on the hyperball fields.

slade
07-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Warbreak, the team was called Silent Killers. They didnt do so hot, not because they were deaf, mostly because they didnt make very smart moves and their breakout did not look all that great. They played very defensive and their fronts weren't agressive enough.

Intrestingly enough they used hand signals to communicate. From what i remeber they played mostly on the hyperball fields.
hahaha i was just thinking about that and it would actually really suck to be deaf and play paintball, well mainly teching your gun... have fun trying to find a leak, your tank will be dead before you notice it.