PDA

View Full Version : How low is low?

KapitalJin
07-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Well it is rated way under 200 psi (the dye reflex) and was wondering if anyone can comment on it. Maybe my gauge is broken? It has a rat valve and st spring kit installed. Currently using a 88cu 4500psi (hp) tank with stock dye pneumatics.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=reflex_0003

I tried getting all angles of the gauge, so all inputs are welcome... lets just try to keep the flaming to a minimum.

(complete mech cocker)

This vid was also posted up on pb nation and some of the guys think I am reading the gauge wrong and its not consistant...

let me know!!

warbeak2099
07-24-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't understand what the problem is. The gun is shooting isn't it? The gauge is reading about 150psi. What's wrong?

WARPED1
07-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Um, is there a point, or are you just showing off your cool cocker?:p

KapitalJin
07-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I was wondering if it was safe to operate this low or is it going to cause problems... On PBnation, few guys said its almost impossible, then there were others that said it is possible but with my upgrades I am probably reading the gauge wrong... haha

didnt mean to be a "show off" but was wondering if any of you guys can tell me if there is anything wrong about an operating pressure this low? All my othercockers used about 250-300psi but this one is just so low im just not sure if it could be the spring kit, or just my luck... haha

Thanks,

Eric

onedude36
07-24-2005, 03:40 PM
buy an ashcroft gauge and know for sure.

VFX_Fenix
07-24-2005, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine had his Reflex cocker tuned to run at 170psi so it's entirely possible for these guns to run that low.

68magOwner
07-24-2005, 06:11 PM
.....if the gun works at that pressure, then, why are you asking if there is anything wrong with it? It obviously works, your vid shows that, seems like you answered your own question. Anyway, chances are, the guage is off, but, it dosent matter

nicad
07-24-2005, 09:26 PM
2 things: try another gauge, and get one that goes to 180 or 200 psi (instead of 600). will be much more accurate.

gauges are "calibrated" so that the max pressure the gauge goes to is within the rated accuracy range (5%, 10%, etc). Anything below that range can amplify the error margin.

Also, I have seen small gauges like that just straight up be off by more than 50%. :confused:

minimag03
07-24-2005, 09:42 PM
There are two things that could go wrong:
1) Shootdown (I can't view the vid, so I don't know exactly what is on it)
2) Bad efficiency - Some markers can operate really low (old school shocker), but requirer a huge amount of air to fire a ball because the pressure is so low.

m20power
07-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Micro gauges are roughly 20 percent inaccurate. Gauges are most accurate in the middle of their range. For my reg tester I got 3 inch dry gauges rated at 1 percent accuracy. Id trust what preassure your gun was at if you put it on a nice reg tester.

Problems with Low preassure. If the gun wasnt designed for it it often wont flow enough air volume hence shootdown. Low preassure needs more volume. For your cocker you could add an expansion chamber to the front to help drop off.
If you want low preassure just get a viking. :headbang: Mines currently set at 180 psi and I get 2100 shots on a 68/4500. BOO YAH

oELEPHANTo
07-31-2005, 03:13 PM
I liked the fly...