PDA

View Full Version : Mag Help/Questions

omni
12-02-2001, 11:23 AM
I'm going to be buying a Powerfeed Automag soon (used)

Are there things I should look out for, I've been reading alot of posts on the board, and I don't really know the internals too well on a mag, but there is tons of stuff that can go wrong is not cared for, like The O-rings
On/off O-rings (what is a on/off?), nubbins, valve springs, air leaks and sear wear.

Also One guy I asked was talking about Stars on the valve, and ask how many are left, whats that about? He told me to ask here for more info, so I am.

Thanx in advance, looking forward to getting the MAG :)

PS. How do I got about getting the Video and Manual, I don't think it comes with that, well not 100% sure.

Load SM5
12-02-2001, 11:35 AM
The stars on the valve represent how many times you can send the gun back into AGD for a free repair.

As far as the internals and the o-rings go it's much easier to watch the video and have Tom explain it.:) You can get the video and instructions free by calling AGD and registering you gun by giving them the valve number. Just ask for the video and they'll drop one in the mail to you. Ask for a few stickers while your at it.

You'll want to pick up a Automag Parts kit form your favorite store too. This will come with all the small o-rings to fix any leaks with your gun.

omni
12-02-2001, 12:12 PM
IT comes with a Parts Kit :P

Puddleglum
12-02-2001, 03:18 PM
The On/Off is in the Valve Assembly. It is pushed by the sear to release the air flow, and then closes when the trigger is released. I realize this may not be perfectly accurate but is it close guys???? Don't hurt me:)

PyRo
12-02-2001, 03:36 PM
You got it backwards :)
When you pull the trigger the back of the sear goes up, pushing up the on-off pin. When the on-off pin is up, the flow from the reg is shut off. The front of the sear goes down, releasing the bolt. When the bolt is released the air in the chamber comes out the pt, fireing the gun. Since the on-off pin is up, the air flow from the reg is shut off. When you release the trigger the front of the trigger goes up, catching the bolt, and the rear of the sear goes down, opening the on-off reestablishing the flow, allowing the chamber to refill.