PDA

View Full Version : Plz help a newbie with a RT Classic Prob

cto
07-24-2005, 06:21 PM
I just got an old RT Classic from someone in a bet. I am not new to paintball, but have never had an RT. When I gas it up (yes with HPA) the bolt will not catch the sear and the trigger will not pressurize. The result is air blasting out the front of the marker. It is not the sear, because I put another RT Classic valve/bolt on, and it worked fine. Any thoughts on where to look first?

Thx :confused:

VFX_Fenix
07-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Check your On/Off assembly

RingOfScale
07-26-2005, 12:45 AM
i agree with the dude above me ... granted i've never owned or even shot a mag before, but i figure thats probably the problem (after reading many threads of this sort ...)

Welcome to AO.

-ring

TransMan
07-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Try taking a squeegee or summin to stick down the barrel and push against the bolt if the leak stops and or the bolt catches on the sear then its either the bolt spring, the sear, or you didnt preasurize the gun fast enough. If the leak continues after u push on the bolt then its the oring inside the power tube and you should replace it. It could also be your on/off like they said hope i could help.

cto
07-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the advice. I rebuilt the valve, and it now seems to pressurize. I think that one of the o-rings was missing in the valve. However, now it seems like the gun almost has too much pressure. The first dry fire will be real forceful, then shoots down if I run off 10 shots. Any additional thoughts?

THANX! :D