PDA

View Full Version : Motley Freakin CRUE!!!

RoadDawg
07-25-2005, 07:31 PM
I just won a pair of tickets to check them out here in OC. :headbang: I'm so stoked. Anyone seen a show of theirs this year? How was it? I'm automatically assuming it is going to kick :nono: butt. :headbang: :cheers:

Muzikman
07-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I saw them back in oh, 1990 or so...it was their Dr Feelgood tour. Dunno if I would want to see them now. I mean Vince is a fat slob, Tommy is wacked out of his mind and Nikki and Mick are too father like now.

RoadDawg
07-25-2005, 08:18 PM
I probably wouldn't have paid to go see this show... but I paid $0.00 for two tickets... I'm not going complain.

Also I was only 9 in 1990... :p

Jaan
07-25-2005, 09:26 PM
I saw a ton of bands in the 80's and I never really stopped going to shows ... there's nothing more pathetic than a band that was once great trying to capture past glory. There's been a few bands I've regretted seeing just for that reason. I saw Mötley Crüe a couple of times in the 80's ... Shout at the Devil and Girls, Girls, Girls tours and even if I got free tickets I don't think I would go. The last "old farts" show I passed over was Great White at the Station ... the concert with the fire. Boy, am I glad I didn't go to *that* show.

dann
07-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Those old fogey's aren't dead yet??.......DAMN IT! :cuss:

Seriously, people have to know when to quit.

-Dan

Vex
07-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Those old fogey's aren't dead yet??.......DAMN IT! :cuss:

Seriously, people have to know when to quit.

-Dan
Tell that to the Stones. Sure, their music is good, but do we really need to see Keith Richards' old arse trying to keep his balance for two hours?

RoadDawg
07-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Ahh well... I'm still excited. I've wanted to see these guys live since the first time I heard "Girls Girls Girls" and "Kick start my heart". Although older, they still know how to rock (from what I hear). Sum 41 is opening for them, so I'm kind of stoked to see them as well.

devildog
07-26-2005, 02:51 AM
i saw them here in san diego. i love the band and listen to their music all the time, but they kind of sucked live. i expected much more, and i know that its not cause their old. i saw acdc about 5 or 6 years ago, and they were the best concert ive ever seen, and they are old as heck.

dann
07-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Tell that to the Stones. Sure, their music is good, but do we really need to see Keith Richards' old arse trying to keep his balance for two hours?

I completely agree. The Stones, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, and a lot of others just need to stop and get their ancient asses over to the nursing home.

-Dan

Jaan
07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
I completely agree. The Stones, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, and a lot of others just need to stop and get their ancient asses over to the nursing home.

-DanYou know, that nightclub that burned down during the Great White concert ... The Station in Warwick RI? They had a small room near the stage where you could get ready to go on. My old band played there a few times. Anyway, the walls were white and bands would sign the wall but the one thing everyone noticed was a great cartoon right in the middle of the wall. Some anonymous band member drew Kiss, but Ace was passed out drunk, Gene was in a wheelchair etc. and they all pretty much looked like they were going to the retirement home. I wish I had taken a picture of it, but alas, it's gone now.

bam wannabe
07-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Sum 41 is opening for them, so I'm kind of stoked to see them as well.

i just saw sum 41 back in may... my second time seeing them. they always put on a good show... hopefully an opening act wont be any different

devildog
07-26-2005, 08:29 PM

-Dan

realize that alot of people these days that werent old enough to see these bands live back in the 70's and 80's would love to see them. i go to every classic rock concert i can, and ive got quite a list. if you dont want to see the bands, just dont go to the concert.

dann
07-26-2005, 09:40 PM
realize that alot of people these days that werent old enough to see these bands live back in the 70's and 80's would love to see them. i go to every classic rock concert i can, and ive got quite a list. if you dont want to see the bands, just dont go to the concert.

Are you kidding? A HUGE majority of young people these days would much rather go to a Ashlee Simpson or Good Charlotte concert than to see a bunch of washed up, has-beens. Most young people are so consumed by the modern rap/pop scene, they don't even know who the classic rock groups are. I once told a kid that I listen to alot of Black Sabbath and he didn't have the slightest clue who I was talking about. I was flabbergasted to say the least.
There are younger people that would love to see some of the classic's but these are bands that are past their prime by years or even decades! I mean, c'mon, these concerts are more similar to watching Ol' Frank & Ernest play Cribbage at the nursing home than watching a kick-*** rock show.

-Dan

breg
07-26-2005, 10:42 PM
The Crue? I don't know if I would go see them, but even though, I was not a fan ever. Noting about how an old band blah blah blah...
I do agree with who ever said about them getting their ancient arses over, but I will also say that one of the best shows I have ever seen was Lynard Skynard, Bad Company, Doobie Brothers, and the Nuge. One of the best that I have ever seen.
But, the thing is that i just wish that they would make something new. I get tired of them milking the songs that the wrote befroe i was even an evil gleam in my father's eye.
Enjoy the show, you cannot argueabout tickets that are Cheap as Free.

devildog
07-26-2005, 11:50 PM
ive seen tons and tons of bands, both new and old, and acdc was by far the best. they may be 60, but they put on a show like you wouldnt even know. they do milk their old stuff, but i dont mind

the.undead.pope
07-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Motley Crue are ****...

:shooting: :headbang: :cry:

Seriously... Girls, girls, girls gave me a woody when I saw the video but that's about all it's good for unless you enjoy worshipping one of the fakest bands in America.

You have to be retarded to pay for that...

the.undead.pope
07-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Oh I almost forgot...

SUM41 SUCK TOO!!!

RoadDawg
07-28-2005, 01:53 AM
The show was pretty decent. Not the best one I've been to but still cool. They played for almost 2 hours. Sum 41 was ok... the jury still hasn't come back.

Also there were more people my age then older folks. Must say though... although old... the Crue still knows how to get the crowd going. Especially with the "female chest" camera. :headbang: