PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Carbon Fiber Halo / Reloader B backplates.

yakitori
07-27-2005, 07:26 AM
EDIT: I now have these colors in stock and ready to ship. I can still take pre orders on the colors that are on order and they will ship when the materials arrive.

Regular CF - 6 In stock
Classic Black - 8 in stock (more on order)
Yellow - 5 in stock
Red - out of stock (more on order)
Blue - 6 in stock

updated @ 910am 8/14/05

I will try to keep this updated depending on how many I have in stock of each.

REAL Carbon Fiber
Drops in place of stock backplate
Extremely Strong Rubber on/off button
Larger diameter LED cover
Available in different colors.

Pics of colors below in thread.

Yellow Red Blue Classic Black CF

These will be $15 shipped USPS w/ delivery confirmation .

I will be accepting paypal or POSTAL money orders.

I will give my paypal address via PM if you are interested. Just PM me w/ what color you want.

It is Red carbon fiber.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0430.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0428.jpg

mobsterboy
07-27-2005, 08:33 AM
just when i got rid of my halo b..... :D
free up, those look pretty cool

k0m0d067
07-27-2005, 01:31 PM
free up for a misunderstanding :p

rifleman wi
07-27-2005, 03:24 PM
ill probly buy a classic black one.. too bad you dont have dark green to match my olive emag..

yakitori
07-27-2005, 06:26 PM
free up for a misunderstanding :p

:). No biggie.

Thanks

I can try to find other colors as I planned on making a white one, and silver in the future. Right now I dont have the funds to get all those colors. I can look around for a green one, although I cant promise a match. I would have pics of them when I get them made so ppl will know what they will look like before they buy them.

Im just kind of tallying up how many of what colors I need in order to get ppl their backplates w/o delay.

Thanks guys.

k0m0d067
07-28-2005, 02:18 AM
/drools uncontrollably...

PURPLE?!?!?!?!?! :headbang:

latches109
07-28-2005, 02:37 AM
...make some emag grips?

yakitori
07-28-2005, 08:11 AM
I cannot make emag grips. I do not make the carbon fiber from fabric and resin. I get these from the supplier. I have been looking for other colors, but I can only offer what I can get from the company that supplies me.

Ill look around for purple, and possible multiple color weaves (IE. red/blue, red/yellow, etc.) I dont know of those exist w/o me making them special order. I dont have the resources to do that as of yet. It may be a possibility in the future.

elementboy2229
07-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Can you cover an entire Halo with the carbon fiber?

yakitori
07-28-2005, 04:04 PM
No, not with real carbon fiber. You would have to make an entire shell to do it. I dont know how the feedneck would go since it likely wouldnt fit a large variety of feednecks. Im sure you can sand CF, but it would need some thick resin right there to give you something to work with.

Or, if you want a decal sheet, which is basically a sticker. These are Real Carbon fiber. These are kevlar/carbon fiber twill that is covered in a resin. They are very strong yet light material. The rubber button means you will NEVER wear a hole into your backplate sticker. This is a durable product, and not just a sticker/decal kit with an adhesive back.

Thanks for asking. Buttons will be here monday, LED covers will be here tomorrow, and hopefully the material will be here ASAP. I will have some red ones made ready to sell Tuesday probably. Ill be working on them Monday and when the other colors get here, Ill get started on them.

So far, Ill make the classic black CF first since more ppl are interested in that, then blue, red, and yellow. Not many requests for yellow yet, so it will be started once all the ppls orders are filled. Ive sold two red ones only, and I will have about 20 more by next week.

yakitori
07-29-2005, 09:18 AM
up

yakitori
07-30-2005, 07:34 AM
up.

LED covers came yesterday as scheduled.

Will keep thread updated.

:)

yakitori
07-31-2005, 08:57 AM
up again.

stonersr26
07-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Up for a very cool guy and a sweet product. Can't wait to get it. :headbang:

yakitori
08-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks man. Talked to ya through PMs. Ill keep you updated. Im expecting those on/off buttons today. Hopefully UPS comes earlier than usual.

Thanks again

up

sleepingbeauty
08-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I want pink now :P

up for a good guy

thanks-
Pat

yakitori
08-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I want pink now :P

up for a good guy

thanks-
Pat

lol...I know. I know. If I can find it, Ill get it and make it for ya.

Thanks bro. Cya round.

up

yakitori
08-01-2005, 07:36 PM
just an update. I have spoke w/ the carbon fiber supplier. He informs me that he is working at half staff and that my sheets will be cut and shipped tomorrow. So, I looks like this will push me to the end of the week instead of the middle. If they ship tomorrow, I should have them in 3-4 days or so. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for your patience.

yakitori
08-03-2005, 07:28 AM
up, CF will be here soon. Shipped out yesterday.

I have 3 Red ones left.

yakitori
08-04-2005, 08:29 AM
up again. Red may be gone for now, until I order more. I am going to start filling all the other orders before I worry about ordering again. I have a lot of backplates to make this weekend.

Thanks again guys.

LudavicoSoldier
08-04-2005, 11:24 AM
I'll take one in Classic Black!

ntn4502
08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
wow these are awesome, I'll take a red!

Lohman446
08-05-2005, 09:54 AM
I got two of the early ones from Yak. These are EXTREMELY well made in my opinion. The light tunnel (or whatever it is called) also makes seeing the light much easier. The button works very well with a positive "click" feel to it when turning on. I bought these for cosmetic reasons and could not be more pleased or surprised at the functional improvements. They also appear to be very rugged in design, much more so than the stock ones.

yakitori
08-05-2005, 10:09 AM
damn guys. Sorry about that, I didnt realize my thread was put in the dealers forum. I was looking for it in the misc forum.

I will add both ludavico and ntn to the list. I have one red one left, and it looks like ntn is going to get it. Ill have to order some more in red, so it will be a week or more. I need to find a faster shipping supplier.

Thank you Lohman for the kind feedback. I am glad that you are pleased with them. Making them durable and better was part of my plan as well as the cosmetic aspect of it too. You should never have a ripped on/off button again. Also, I recommend that you put a drop of armor all or rubber conditioner on it occasionally to keep it from drying. If the button EVER wears, I will send a replacement button. I dont think that will be happening though.

Also, the rubber buttons that I ordered this time are a bit thicker and more heavy duty than before. That was the only source for them. They are less flexible and clicky than the ones that Lohman got, but only at first. They break in and get looser given time and use, and become more clicky as you use them. But the LED does seem brighter, because the LED cover extends inward toward the board creating a light tunnel, and they are a slighlty larger diameter. I think its easier to see than the stock LED cover.

Thanks guys. Will post more pics when I get the others made.

:)

Hexis
08-05-2005, 01:48 PM
You mentioned silver, is that in the current plans? I know I have seen hard sheet material in silver (the fibrers are coated).

yakitori
08-05-2005, 03:15 PM
I dont plan on silver soon. All of the sheets Ive seen are adhesived backed and made by 3M. I dont want those. I want the good stuff like Ive been using. ;). If I find the good stuff in other colors, I will get it in the future, but that will be a while.

Lohman446
08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Yak, shoot me your e-mail address, a couple people at the field are very interested in these

Archangel Zer0
08-07-2005, 08:21 PM
One in classic black, please.

Marchborne
08-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I'd like three in classic black, please. Thanks.

yakitori
08-08-2005, 05:21 PM
ok guys. Ive got the materials today and I am starting to fill the orders on the list. I have only made black ones so far. I know a couple ppl ordered yellow and some wanted blue. I can probably make them soon. I have a ton of orders for black, and I am trying to get the orders filled in chronological order based on my spreadsheet. But, some ppl have already paid me for thiers even though they are in the middle of the list and want yellow or blue. I should be able to take care of them since they have already paid, and there arent a ton of ppl in front of them wanting the same color.

Here are some pics of my classic black ones in my test fit halo shells. :D.

I will post pics of the others as I get them made. I can tell you now the blue is kind of a darker blue, but it is still blue. I will get pics up of the other colors asap.

Thanks

EDIT: and uhh...no. Im really not that hairy. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0437.jpg

mark_426
08-08-2005, 06:21 PM
any discounts if i bought 10 or so (check with the team)? maybe just 2?

yakitori
08-08-2005, 06:24 PM
any discounts if i bought 10 or so (check with the team)? maybe just 2?

Ill send ya a PM.

Marchborne
08-09-2005, 07:11 AM
I'd like to stick with my three in black for now, but some friends have also shown an interest, and I may also be doing a mass order of about 10. A PM re: possible bulk discount would be appreciated. Thanks.

rifleman wi
08-09-2005, 07:52 AM
ill take a classic black one.. can you pm me please with your info and total for an MO? thanks in advance..

yakitori
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I have regular carbon fiber ones too.

heres pics of the others. I dont know why I took several pics, but the yellow always comes out blurry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0446.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0449.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0450.jpg

Marchborne
08-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Yak, you need to stop coming out with new things... :hail:

For the original order of three, I'll take either black or "regular" carbon fiber, which ever comes first.

Just PM or email me (marchborne@aol.com) with payment instructions and any word on a bulk order of about or so.

Thanks.

Chiumanfu
08-12-2005, 04:43 PM
How much for a black one plus shipping to Canada?

yakitori
08-12-2005, 10:44 PM
No extra charge for shipping to canada unless you specify that you want it sent something like registered mail which is about 8-10 bucks. Otherwise, its just regular mail and I dont charge extra. Ive even shipped to France and I am going to be shipping some to Japan too. I should charge a little extra because I have to fill out customs paperwork, but hey, thats no big deal. ;) Still 15 shipped.

Chiumanfu
08-17-2005, 12:43 AM
FREE UP for the order.

Rather
08-17-2005, 01:43 AM
When can I pick up a blue one off ya? and when is a good time to meet you at the factory? :)

maglover728
08-17-2005, 04:15 AM
i just wish you could make entire hopper shells like that.

yakitori
08-17-2005, 08:23 AM
When can I pick up a blue one off ya? and when is a good time to meet you at the factory? :)

I will be there this saturday. Probably around 4pm. I may be there a little bit earlier. I will bring the blue one for ya.

I didnt forget about ya, I just havent been to the factory lately.

Cya there.

I also sent you a PM chiumanfu.

It would be difficult to make a entire shell out of CF because of the intricate detail inside of halos. Im sure it could be done, but wouldnt be very cost effective because they would be so expensive that not many ppl would buy them.

maglover728
08-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Damn the need of a product to be marketable. The full CF shell would look pretty cool though. Thanks for intertaining the idea though.

mark_426
08-17-2005, 03:13 PM
product, got my backplate fast, and i love the button, its much stronger yet more sensitive than the original

ill try to get a pic up

Archangel Zer0
08-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Up for a great product, looks perfect, is better than the original plate.

Thanks!

yakitori
08-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the up guys. Glad you like them.

I like them too. In fact, I use them in both my halos. :p

Marchborne
08-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Big ups, Yakitori, I received the three plates this weekend, and installed them without any problems. The button is a little stiff on my victory board halo, but the "stock" board now works on just a feather push of the button. Great stuff!

:dance:

I'll post pics of the two halos I installed them on, when I get home and can snap a quick photo. Many thanks, Yak.

Thanks for the up guys. Glad you like them.

I like them too. In fact, I use them in both my halos. :p

rifleman wi
08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
got mine today... all i have to say is awsome.. :) .. i love it i have a question tho, you know the halo jewls, i was wondering if you could make or cut me 2 black CF ovals to fit where the jewls go on the halo shell.. i took mine off and the CF would look sweet in their spot..let me know.. thanks alot again.. sweet product..

yakitori
08-22-2005, 11:29 PM
thanks guys. The buttons will get softer over time. The reason they are stiff is because its new rubber. It will loosen up a little w/ use. Better to have it stiff and durable, than flexible and not as strong. ;).

Thanks for the kind words.

rifleman, Ill see what I can do about the emblems. I might be able to do that for you. Ill PM ya when I give it a shot and try to get some pics to ya.

Thanks

OH and ALL colors are in stock now. including red.

Archangel Zer0
08-22-2005, 11:38 PM
got mine today... all i have to say is awsome.. :) .. i love it i have a question tho, you know the halo jewls, i was wondering if you could make or cut me 2 black CF ovals to fit where the jewls go on the halo shell.. i took mine off and the CF would look sweet in their spot..let me know.. thanks alot again.. sweet product..
I was going to ask this exact same thing. I took the jewels off of my shell and was going to see if you could make a couple CF ones, yak.

sleepingbeauty
08-26-2005, 08:12 PM
hey man i'm in san antonio sweating my arse off in the heat :(

I am coming in this weekend sometime. I will give you a call or something to meet up for the plate. Sorry I just disappeared, it was kinda spur of the moment decision. Money sounded good :P

ttyl-
Pat

yakitori
08-26-2005, 08:50 PM
hey man i'm in san antonio sweating my arse off in the heat :(

I am coming in this weekend sometime. I will give you a call or something to meet up for the plate. Sorry I just disappeared, it was kinda spur of the moment decision. Money sounded good :P

ttyl-
Pat

haha pat. Whatever it takes to get da money right? :P Im going to the pb factory saturday to shoot the DM4 Im pickin up tomorrow. Im buying a black to cobalt fade DM4 w/ orange bolt, and M3 chip. :ninja: Ill prolly end up selling my viking, and maybe keeping the Ion for days I go to HNR. i dont like to use my good equipment out there cause I dont like cleaning off all the dirt that gets stuck when I get shot in the gun. :p

cya later.

Chiumanfu
08-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Yakitori, you need to clear out your priv msg box...you've exceeded the limit and can't receive any more.

Just wondering if there's a tracking number on my shipment.

yakitori
09-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Yakitori, you need to clear out your priv msg box...you've exceeded the limit and can't receive any more.

Just wondering if there's a tracking number on my shipment.

Tracking or delivery conf. is not available to canada. I dont provide those numbers for international shipments.

My PMs are cleared now.

Thanks

mark_426
09-01-2005, 01:54 PM
awwesome guy, got more product from him, and fast.

neat product installation instruction too

rifleman wi
09-01-2005, 05:03 PM
hey.. just wondering if you ever tryed anything for the halo ovals that i asked about.. thanks in advance..sweet product :D looks killer on my smoke halo..

yakitori
09-01-2005, 05:52 PM
oh, ya, I forgot about that. I tried it and it doesnt work so well. I dont know if I will be doing it. Sorry, but Ive just been swamped w/ work and trying to get ppl their backplates.

Thanks

sleepingbeauty
09-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey save me a black one and a red one plz, I will see you one of these days :)

thanks-
Pat

yakitori
09-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Hey save me a black one and a red one plz, I will see you one of these days :)

thanks-
Pat

Ill do that for ya. I will be at HNR saturday. Later

Gambit1106
09-09-2005, 07:36 PM
How easily can the rubber button come off? I have the TAG Cheeta board and the button is different than the HALO and empire board it is longer than the back plate.

yakitori
09-09-2005, 07:45 PM
all buttons are longer than the backplate. Even on stock halos the on/off button stick out into the hole cut into the backplate and you can break it off if not careful when taking it out or putting it in.

I dont see why the cheetah board would make a longer button if it is a drop in replacement to be used in halos. Then again, Ive never seen one so I could be wrong.

The rubber buttons dont come off easy. They can however be installed a little bit further away from the board to allow more room for a longer button. Try to post a pic of both the stock and the cheetah board buttons to try and show the different lengths, and I will know how much room to account for.

Thanks.

Gambit1106
09-09-2005, 08:07 PM
all buttons are longer than the backplate. Even on stock halos the on/off button stick out into the hole cut into the backplate and you can break it off if not careful when taking it out or putting it in.

I dont see why the cheetah board would make a longer button if it is a drop in replacement to be used in halos. Then again, Ive never seen one so I could be wrong.

The rubber buttons dont come off easy. They can however be installed a little bit further away from the board to allow more room for a longer button. Try to post a pic of both the stock and the cheetah board buttons to try and show the different lengths, and I will know how much room to account for.

Thanks.
TAG uses a different button all together that they claim will not break like the current HALO and empire board buttons. Pics of the TAG board are below, I do not have a stock HALO board to compare to, but you can see that the rubber boot would not need to be used.

http://www.daugustyn.com/paintball/HALO/IMG_0229.JPG
http://www.daugustyn.com/paintball/HALO/IMG_0230.JPG
http://www.daugustyn.com/paintball/HALO/IMG_0231.JPG
http://www.daugustyn.com/paintball/HALO/IMG_0232.JPG

yakitori
09-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I was not aware that the cheetah boards were like that. I dont really know to to make it so that it will work. I dont know why TAG just didnt make the board same as the stock on/off button so that it works w/ the stock backplates. I dont believe that buttons breaking was ever a problem unless someone wasnt careful disassembling the halo. As the saying goes, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

shaunyoung000
09-16-2005, 01:54 PM
pmed you, I want one!!! :D

sleepingbeauty
09-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Dude come and shoot noobs with me at h&r in the water....
I have some money now and I need that red one...

ttyl-
Pat

yakitori
09-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Dude come and shoot noobs with me at h&r in the water....
I have some money now and I need that red one...

ttyl-
Pat

PMd ya shaun.

Pat. Did the field get some rain? Damnit, I dont like playing in the mud. Hopefully it isnt too bad tomorrow. I am coming out there though because I need to sell my Ion, and I also have a wifes birthday this weekend so the closest field is HNR. Ill bring the red one for ya.

rat_impy_jr
10-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Anymore Backplates AVAILABLE?

yakitori
10-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Anymore Backplates AVAILABLE?

yup, still available in ALL colors.

Thanks

yakitori
11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I still have these and I know someone needs to replace that worn out sticker on your halo, or just wants a nice looking, durable carbon fiber backplate :)

rifleman wi
11-08-2005, 06:52 PM
hey, just wondering if you took another swing at the CF halo jewls? ide still be intrested in a pair of them.. let me know.. thanks..

yakitori
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
hey, just wondering if you took another swing at the CF halo jewls? ide still be intrested in a pair of them.. let me know.. thanks..

I gave up on it. Didnt look right to me.

oneworld
11-11-2005, 11:23 AM
i dont spose you plan on making a green/olive color :rolleyes:
that would be nice, i would buy one ;)

yakitori
11-11-2005, 05:52 PM
cant find that color of CF. This is all the materials I have, when they are gone, thats it for me. Im not making anymore.

I have plenty left now, but once theyre out.....no more. I got about 40 more left alltogether.

I still have all colors though.

up

Fred
11-13-2005, 11:25 PM
PM'd you...

dimsumfood
12-01-2005, 02:34 PM
do you still have any plates left and what in what colors?

ntn4502
12-02-2005, 11:06 AM
he was perm banned because this is germany in the early 40's, you can get ahold of him on PBN though!

Lohman446
12-02-2005, 05:13 PM
he was perm banned because this is germany in the early 40's, you can get ahold of him on PBN though!

It was five weeks. And rumor is JoeSchmo on this forum is a very close friend of his who can get him the info. I don't seem to have his e-mail address anymore. Nice product, I have one :D

bofh
12-02-2005, 11:29 PM
It was five weeks.

Now extended for forever. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2040088&postcount=129)

Looks like a cool product, however.

ntn4502
12-03-2005, 08:53 PM
I have a red one, great product!

just looked like it was MarkM's 'time of the month'

cpe413
02-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I want a black one, PMed you.

etjoyride
02-25-2006, 03:25 PM
yakitori is banned, if you would like a way to contact him PM me and i will tell you.