PDA

View Full Version : cocker question

SPECIAL_K_06
07-27-2005, 09:20 PM
I was hoping to really get into tourney ball in the next few months and i was thinking of making a custom cocker from scratch. Can somebody give me a list of the best parts for it?

JoshK
07-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Body
Back Block
Front block
Cocking rod
Actuating rod
Pump rod
Bolt + pin
3-way + rod
Timing colar
lpr
hpr
ram
barbs
pnuematic hose
valve
hammer
IVG
two screws that hold in valve
valve sring
main spring
feedneck
grip frame
vert asa
asa
misc. orings

Anything I have missed?

FallNAngel
07-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Anything I have missed?

Yes, you've missed the point. He was looking for the "best" parts to put on it... not a list of parts that make up the gun.

JoshK
07-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Well...there really arn't any best parts. Mostly only opinions and biases. And I think you also missed the point...you didn't even try to help him.

FallNAngel
07-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Well...there really arn't any best parts. Mostly only opinions and biases. And I think you also missed the point...you didn't even try to help him.

I know it's really all opinions and biases, that's why I said "best" not *best* and didn't help... because there really aren't "best" parts.

Going past that... from what I've used, personally I'm partial to:

KAPP Reflex Frame
Nexus ram (I've heard you can try looking for a good ANS ram as well... kinda hit or miss though)
My KAPP Rhino worked good, though you may be better off with a Palmer Rock / Microrock in the long run (palmers has good stuff)
Reg... well, pretty much anything you want. Again, I'm partial to Palmers Stabilizer or a Sidewinder.
I also liked the WGP Naughty Dogg bolt.

Stock valve, stock hammer, nelson spring kit
Only 3-way I've really used was a ST Bomb, though if I were doing it again, I think I'd go with a CT3 as I've heard they seal at lower pressure.

FreakBaller12
07-27-2005, 10:08 PM
dude let's think this through
the price of let's see a worr bladed cocker goes for about 400 and most people will agree with me on that
Now price it out by building it
100(that's low too) body
30 micro rock
35 nexus ram with qevs
200 eblade
15 bolt
50 reg
20 valve
20 miscellanious parts
That's about 500 and that's really pushing it for some parts, some parts will be alot more than that, and those are mostly used prices. Resale is garbage on everything, take advantage of it.

SPECIAL_K_06
07-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the info, where would be the best place to get a good looking body?

ZEROte
07-28-2005, 08:56 AM
freeflow bodies are the nicest imo.

ram nothing beats the belsales. smoothest ram out there.
shocktech reg is good.
freeflow internals are sick.

slade
07-28-2005, 09:44 AM
dont build your own cocker, unless you just want to do it for the fun of doing it, its a waste of money. due to the ion, trilogy, e2 and other new markers resale is CRAP. look at this auction i was watching yesterday:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7170111607&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
i would have sprung for it if i hadnt just traded for a cocker the day before, plus i just plain have too many guns to justify.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7171321550&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
theres another auction thats going for pretty low. given neither of these cockers have the best parts available, but they are great deals.

if you do want to buy something with just about the best parts available, i think my teammate RKjunior303 is still selling his e-bladed AKA merlin for around $5-600 in the classifieds, which has the best parts available and the best ano ive ever seen. the only thing its missing is possibly an e2... it still shoots damn nice though, itd be mine now if he had decided to sell it before i bought my freestyle.

you can always get a halfback, but that would be considerably more money. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1099346