PDA

View Full Version : Flavored Paintballs - Possible?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-28-2005, 02:38 AM
Now how awesome would it be to completely eliminate that horrible taste of paint from a shot to the grill? What if it was a good thing to take one to the mouth? The thought came up in my head when i was eating paintballs to score myself some free t-shirts and a hat but i'm sure someone has thought of this before. Is it possible to have a paintball taste like something other than a melted pencil eraser?

I'm sure there would be an issue with the paintball being on the sticky side and probably sticking to the inside of the shell... then maybe there would have to be an expiration date on each individual ball depending on when it was made...lets not forget about nutritional facts! Then there is the part when it's a pain to clean it off your gear... but hey! we made glow in the dark paintballs already, we also made rubber practice balls! lets take it one step farther and make edible good tasting paintballs!

(and maybe we can evolve to using cone shaped paintballs someday, who knows!)

kenndogg
07-28-2005, 02:44 AM
GAP has apple and banana scented paintballs, don't know if they taste any better though

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-28-2005, 02:51 AM
well i know brass eagle made a brand of paint that didnt taste too good... but they were a lot sweeter than all the other brands i've tasted. as for scented paintballs... i assume they are like scratch n' sniff stickers, they smell nice but taste like ----

Blazestorm
07-28-2005, 03:04 AM
Zap Tork is supposed to be scented/flavored....

It's been around for a year or two...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-28-2005, 03:36 AM
was it made to be flavored or does it just taste good?

mcdkid
07-28-2005, 04:11 AM
the taste of paint is teaching you a lesson the hard way... play tighter or be more aware of whats going on. lol

Blazestorm
07-28-2005, 05:09 AM
I haven't got shot in the mouth all 05... :D!

*knocks on wood*

devildog
07-28-2005, 05:32 AM
isnt there a paint called bananarama that tastes like the obvious?

mcdkid
07-28-2005, 06:24 AM
isnt there a paint called bananarama that tastes like the obvious?

what does rama taste like?

cledford
07-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Re. paintball eating...

Anyone know what paintballs are made of? (cow byproducts) I've always wondered about the possiblity of mad-cow desease from eating them. I've seen contests at big events and wonder what little surprises we'll hear about in the years to come.

-Calvin

slade
07-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Re. paintball eating...

Anyone know what paintballs are made of? (cow byproducts) I've always wondered about the possiblity of mad-cow desease from eating them. I've seen contests at big events and wonder what little surprises we'll hear about in the years to come.

-Calvin
the fill is polyethylene glycerol, with some other ingredients, dye of course. the shell is sometimes gelatin based, sometimes cellulose.

MoneyShot
07-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I bet willy wonka could make an edible paintballs that taste like snosberries or something else good, ask him ;)

nt2004
07-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Zap Tork is supposed to be scented/flavored....

It's been around for a year or two...
Too bad it never breaks. My friend dragged us out to a field with the promise of free paint, the pain turned out to be tork. It was bouncing off of people, trees, the side of my mask, everything. None of it broke all day

cioeboy
07-28-2005, 11:23 AM
i have been shot in the mouth with bananna scented paintballs and they taste as bad as if not worse than regular paintballs

ojhspyro89
07-28-2005, 06:10 PM
This would cause the kids who go to walmart to get blades to get tasty paintballs and shoot at eachother trying to get it in eachothers mouth....

LETS START A REVOLUTION!

I remember some chocolate smelling ones, they tasted like paintballs...

11 Bravo
07-28-2005, 06:15 PM
I had some Chronic that smelled like oranges and taste like bad orange cough medicine.
It was the best tasting paint I have had so far. I still wouldnt recommend it for dinner.

Arstron
07-28-2005, 06:26 PM
I've only tasted paint once, I was on a team with a bunch of kids (14 and younger) and we was playing some a team preparing for a tourney. I stoped paying attention to the game and was trying to give them some orders and while yelling I got to taste my first paintball. Edible paintballs would be nice, but unless all paintballs tasted good, it wouldnt do any good becuse you would still get shot with bad tasting ones.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-28-2005, 08:53 PM
the taste of paint is teaching you a lesson the hard way... play tighter or be more aware of whats going on. lol

actually i was popping them in my mouth to score some free merchandise but the taste was very nausiating(sp)

Miscue
07-28-2005, 08:56 PM
You know... most people eat stuff like M&Ms or something.

TheTramp
07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
I though part of the reson paint isn't formulated to taste good is so little kids (up to age 100 when talking about paintballers ;) ) wouldn't eat them.

Of course they aren't a food product and are in no way meant to be eaten so why spend the extra cash making them tastey?

ubooze
07-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Re. paintball eating...

-Calvin

Wrell, on people like Suicidal_Snyper, you really wouldn't notice a difference. I mean, he got his finger stuck in a barrel and got dry humped by some dude out of Wisconsin at Shatnerball III. He'll probably get mad cow and just die, not symptoms or signs of the disease. Hehehehe

Yeah, tasty paintballs would be cool, but still, it is animal byproducts....

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Wrell, on people like Suicidal_Snyper, you really wouldn't notice a difference. I mean, he got his finger stuck in a barrel and got dry humped by some dude out of Wisconsin at Shatnerball III. He'll probably get mad cow and just die, not symptoms or signs of the disease. Hehehehe

Yeah, tasty paintballs would be cool, but still, it is animal byproducts....

i'm not entirely sure if he was from wisconsin or not

Evil1
07-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Flavored paintballs would cost alot. PEG or polyethylene glycol is pretty cheap, but sorbitol, another ingredient in paintball is not. The price of sorbitol has raised alot over the years. I work for a company that specializes in microencapsulation of food chemicals. We encapsulate food and animal feed chemicals in different types of vegetable oils. The encapsulation is done for a number of reasons. Way too many reasons for me to list in this thread. Anyway, at my company, we are currently trying to work with many different flavors to encapsulate with different chemicals and the food grade flavors we have been working with are extremely expensive. I'm talking thousands per lb or gallon. The flavors would also probably have to be made especially for paintball so they would be stable and not degrade the shell of a paintball which would further increase the cost. I'm actually surprised some paintballs go as cheap as they do now sometimes with the ingredients used in the paintballs. Adding flavor to paintballs would probably make cases cost about as much as they did 8-10 years ago and I don't think many of us want real expensive flavored paint.

minimag03
07-29-2005, 02:33 AM
I think that the flavor would be in the paint, and not the shell.

Evil1
07-30-2005, 01:03 AM
Either way it could be done, but the issue would be cost. There are flavors that are stable enough to be used, but that would probably increase the cost of paint by quite a bit.

master_alexander
07-30-2005, 01:13 AM
justthink what it will do for the consistancy of the paintballs.