PDA

View Full Version : safety slides back and forth freely on Emag now-Why ??

CFD323
12-02-2001, 05:57 PM
I went out to play today and my Emag would shoot sporadically and then stop totally. I looked down and noticed the safety was freely sliding on and off. I ended up taking a piece of tape to hold it off. When I got home and took it apart, I didn't see what makes the safety work, unless there's supposed to be a spring or something in there. If there's supposed to be a spring in there, there isn't one now, and the safety slides back and forth freely. I'm gonna just take the safety out but can anybody help me ?

BradPalooza
12-02-2001, 06:05 PM
There is a small hex screw holding in a little spring and steel ball. This keeps your safety from sliding back and forth freely. I'd give AGD a call. I don't recommend disabling your safety.

BTW, this REALLY should have been on the tech forum

CFD323
12-02-2001, 06:15 PM
I know that's the setup on the Automag safety but I don't think that's the case with the Emag.

Russ
12-02-2001, 07:18 PM
The little ball & spring are under the safety switch, on the right side of the trigger frame (when holding it like you firing). They could have fallen out if the safety was pushed too far to the left (safety "off")

BlackVCG
12-02-2001, 07:36 PM
There's no set screw holding down the safety spring and ball on the E-Mag. Just take the site rail, mainbody and sear axle pin out. Then pull off the rail and remove the solenoid C-Clip. With the sear out, you can push out the safety. The sear is what keeps the safety from falling out, there's nothing else that holds the safety in place.

Push the safety out to the left and on the right you'll notice a hole for the ball and spring. If there's no ball and spring in there, you need to get those parts.

CFD323
12-02-2001, 08:04 PM
Does the ball sit on top of the spring ?

BlackVCG
12-15-2001, 12:22 AM
Yep, spring goes in the hole first and then the ball sits on the top.

FaSSt
12-15-2001, 09:30 AM
That little ball can be a bit difficult to replace.

Use something like a thin Allen wrench to depress it from the top (using the small hole above it) while at the same time inserting the safety bar.

On my Emag, the safety is so stiff when disengaging it that I have to use the plastic end of a screwdriver to slam it off. I think maybe the safety bar was machined a bit off. So the safety does not get used at all.

I found out about the little safety ball when I took the safety apart once (mistake). I spent at least 20 minutes looking for that little ***** on the floor.

Personally, I would just as soon take the safety bar out of the gun altogether, but then I am left with a hole that's ugly and can let dirt get in.

BTW, the selector switch uses the same ball, so be careful when taking it apart.