PDA

View Full Version : We hit the 50 mark!!

BigEvil
07-29-2005, 09:27 AM
I just read a post from Bob Sandifer on the TAG forum that said we hit the 50 pre-order mark! Although I know that once they hit about the 40 mark the project was well underway, I still think that this a great show of support for the product. (Which isnt even out yet)

I dont know about you guys, but I CAN NOT WAIT to get my hands on one

At some point, we should start another thread where we can put as much info up as we can, I guess kind of a "every thing you need to know" FAQ thing.

Pha|anx
07-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Did anyone ever doubt TAG would make em? Come on guys do the math.

400 X-Mags
30+/- SFL E-Mags
5000+ E-Mags

To all 3 or so of you beta testers... We hate you. :rolleyes: :D

BigEvil
07-29-2005, 10:12 AM
To all 3 or so of you beta testers... We hate you. :rolleyes: :D

Thank you :p

master_alexander
07-29-2005, 10:14 AM
one think i do not know is do you have to send it off to get it installed? i dont remember reading it but thn again ive slept since then...

minimag03
07-29-2005, 10:39 AM
one think i do not know is do you have to send it off to get it installed? i dont remember reading it but thn again ive slept since then...

TAG was tring their best to make it a drop in, last I heard, but the noid was giving them a little trouble. Of couse this is without eyes installed.

BigEvil
07-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Just the board itself will be as 'drop in' as possible. Probably going to have to put connectors on the noid wires or something.

If you are going to want eyes, you will have to have the machine work done.

bambam
07-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Wasn't it said previously that the Xmag stock eye board would work?

Also, does anyone know the release date?

BigEvil
07-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Wasn't it said previously that the Xmag stock eye board would work?

Also, does anyone know the release date?

Yes, it will work with the ACE. This is one of the benafits I am greatful for, since trying to get the ACE to work with the DIY kit has been a nightmare for many.

Release TBD. I would suspect a month, maybe two the most. TAG moves fast once they get going.

bunny5
07-29-2005, 12:56 PM
I was wondering...

Wasn't one of the main reasons why we have the big battery pack on emags is to power the noid?

So if they replace the noid on the gun would it still need the same amount of power the original noid needed? So maybe we could a battery that was lighter to power the new noid. Just a thought.

Glad to see my $130 investment is coming through now....

BigEvil
07-29-2005, 01:10 PM
I was wondering...

Wasn't one of the main reasons why we have the big battery pack on emags is to power the noid?

So if they replace the noid on the gun would it still need the same amount of power the original noid needed? So maybe we could a battery that was lighter to power the new noid. Just a thought.

Glad to see my $130 investment is coming through now....

well, the reason they need that great big noid is to have the power to work the on/off. I believe TAG was looking into the alleged issue with the noid having problems of cycling past about 22bps. From what Bob was saying, is that it looks like Tom put the best possible part in there as it is. (Surprise!). So unless you get some kind of ULT set up, I dont see how you can get past an 18v noid.

We will see.

bunny5
07-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Tom put the best possible part in there as it is. (Surprise!)

best quote ever... heh. Makes sense.

11 Bravo
07-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Do the beta testers already have the board?

BigEvil
07-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Not yet, TAG is still finalizing the design and how exactly to connect the noid.

PsychoBaller
07-30-2005, 01:44 AM
OK... pretend i dont know wuts going on... cause i don't, as I don't frequent AO as much... wuts Tag making? a new board or software?

rifleman wi
07-30-2005, 05:18 AM
ida signed up to be a beta tester for testing the eyes n stuff ( im getting eyes milled) but its going to anno too:( hope my gun comes back in time for the board to be installed..

Pha|anx
07-30-2005, 10:07 AM
OK... pretend i dont know wuts going on... cause i don't, as I don't frequent AO as much... wuts Tag making? a new board or software?A drop in Predator board for E/X-Mags, same old 5.0 code. It will support mag specific stuff like intelifeed and the X-Mag ACE board. The later, with TAG's new eye logic, will see black paint. :clap:

Mind'sEye
07-30-2005, 11:34 AM
I just read a post from Bob Sandifer on the TAG forum that said we hit the 50 pre-order mark! Although I know that once they hit about the 40 mark the project was well underway, I still think that this a great show of support for the product. (Which isnt even out yet)

Thanks for keeping us updated on the progress. Your posts have contributed to the success of this project. :cheers: