PDA

View Full Version : Spyder rocking trigger?

spyder luver
07-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Ok im thinking of MAYBE getting a rocking trigger but i dont know if they r turni leagal or not ive hered some say they r and some say they rnt or would i just be better buying a T-board?
:confused:

Pleas help!

I will greatly apreciate it if u do at least tell me wut u know about the 2.

warbeak2099
07-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Yes, just buy a tboard and tswitch (25g or 50g). And if you really want, get the ramping Tchip.

VFX_Fenix
07-29-2005, 10:11 PM
The Kingman Rocking trigger frame is not tournament legal no matter where you go because the gun has more than one "actuating point" (e.g. there are two points in the trigger's range of motion where it will fire).

InHuman
07-29-2005, 10:57 PM
It is not tourney legal and no matter what they say, it will not help you shoot faster. The only reason you sould maybe want to buy it is for the 30bps cap. Think about it, when you walk the trigger, you shoot with your index finger, then with your middle finger. There is only one contact point, but you are still shooting 1 ball per pull. The rocking trigger just adds another contact point, but you are still shooting one ball per pull.

VFX_Fenix
07-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Actually it can help you shoot fater because you aren't waiting for the trigger to spring back and you can effectively shoot without ever taking your fingers off the trigger, think of it like dual action RT.

And the gun is actually shooting twice for every complete cycle of the trigger.

oELEPHANTo
07-31-2005, 03:06 PM
I would suggest buying the t-board and a 25g switch, also a check it products sweet spot trigger.

Teamslayer76
07-31-2005, 05:43 PM
I would suggest buying the t-board and a 25g switch, also a check it products sweet spot trigger.
QTF

My friend and teammate decided to try this out on his "tricked out" Spyder Imagine.
No, its not tournament legal. Yes, it does help you shoot faster. Alot faster. You can move your index finger very fast up and down the trigger makeing possible for you to shoot around 15bps.
But again its not legal. It's expensive upgrade. No aftermarket triggers, that I know of. Also its a blender with no eyes.

Then the T-Board allows for faster speeds with a lighter pull and modes of fire. Like ramping, NXL/PSP modes ect ect. And the biggest thing YOU GET EYES! No one wants to shoot a blind marker. So no chopping what so ever. :argh:

mixwell2
07-31-2005, 06:27 PM
The Kingman Rocking trigger frame is not tournament legal no matter where you go because the gun has more than one "actuating point" (e.g. there are two points in the trigger's range of motion where it will fire).

If this has changed recently then sorry but I remember seeing a video interview with the guy who runs the "robot" for NPPL and he said that the rocking trigger is legal only if the spring returns it to center point and is not assisting the trigger movement to the opposite contact point.

I think is was on a WARPIG tourney video

Ok found the link WARPIG (http://www.pigtv.net/05_summary/05_nppltampa.html)

SpitFire1299
08-01-2005, 01:25 AM
I tried one and there kind of stupid. Who needs a 30bps cap anyway?? I say work on your regular trigger walking technique.

billmi
08-01-2005, 09:07 AM

This is not true. They are legal in the NPPL, and any series using NPPL rules.

As stated in a previous post, you can see an interview with Dave Zinkham, the NPPL Scrutineer (the judge assigned to make decisions on equipment legality) on PigTV, where he says it is legal. That interview was at Tampa, this season, and the rules regarding triggers have not been changed since then.

Aliens-8-MyDad
08-01-2005, 10:27 AM
but wasnt there a custom timmy that was modified with a rocking trigger system and two switches and it was deemed totaly illigal?

onedude36
08-01-2005, 08:31 PM
This is not true. They are legal in the NPPL, and any series using NPPL rules.

As stated in a previous post, you can see an interview with Dave Zinkham, the NPPL Scrutineer (the judge assigned to make decisions on equipment legality) on PigTV, where he says it is legal. That interview was at Tampa, this season, and the rules regarding triggers have not been changed since then.

Who plays nppl again? I hate watching nppl. PSP know how to make a paintball game spectator friendly. Not that I agree with their management though...

EDIT: dont forget that kingman is a major sponsor..

gc82000
08-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Who plays nppl again? I hate watching nppl. PSP know how to make a paintball game spectator friendly. Not that I agree with their management though...

EDIT: dont forget that kingman is a major sponsor..

So is Smart Parts in X-BALL and they allow ramping and full auto and custom trigger settings as long they are capped at 15.4 bps. SO I dont see a reason HOW A MAJOR sponsor has any say in the making of the rules for equipment. :rolleyes:

VFX_Fenix
08-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Okay, so it is NPPL Legal.

When the trigger first came out under the 2004 NPPL Super 7 rule set, as I and others read it, the Rocking trigger frame was illegal because it contained two firing points per full trigger cycle, this rule had been in place for a while and I see that in the '05 NPPL rules they've left the section on Triggers far more open ended as to what is considered to be legal (possibly to allow for this new style of trigger system).

mixwell2
08-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Okay, so it is NPPL Legal.

When the trigger first came out under the 2004 NPPL Super 7 rule set, as I and others read it, the Rocking trigger frame was illegal because it contained two firing points per full trigger cycle, this rule had been in place for a while and I see that in the '05 NPPL rules they've left the section on Triggers far more open ended as to what is considered to be legal (possibly to allow for this new style of trigger system).

Actually you just disproved your own theory...they rocking trigger does have one firing point per full trigger cycle. You do not have to use the "rocking method" to get a full cycle from this trigger. Making a pull to actuate the firing point in either direction and then returning to dead center is considered by NPPL to be a full trigger cycle.

Anyway what does it really matter...the way things are going full auto will be tournament leagal pretty soon!!

doober
08-02-2005, 03:43 AM
i live in houston.tx and our tourney the hrl uses modified nppl rules and they banned rocking triggers

VFX_Fenix
08-02-2005, 04:39 PM
but wasnt there a custom timmy that was modified with a rocking trigger system and two switches and it was deemed totaly illigal?

That was actually a Shocker and it was done by Doc Nickle and was deemed illegal for tournament use in NPPL events because the trigger fired twice for each complete cycle of the trigger.

Actually you just disproved your own theory...they rocking trigger does have one firing point per full trigger cycle. You do not have to use the "rocking method" to get a full cycle from this trigger. Making a pull to actuate the firing point in either direction and then returning to dead center is considered by NPPL to be a full trigger cycle.

No, I didn't. Under the original rule set for the NPPL they defined a full trigger cycle as the trigger moving through it's full range of motion, not from a neutral point in the middle of that trigger's full range of motion.

Under this definition rocking triggers fire twice per trigger cycle and are therefore illegal. There also was a rule that guns may only have one switch which was activated by a trigger, to the best of my knowledge the Kingman frame contains two.