PDA

View Full Version : weight problem...need advice please

KillingSpree
07-30-2005, 05:31 PM
hear this... i have a stock minimag (except for the y frame) and i find my gun kinda heavy compared to the other markers i had. now i know if i change the valve to an x vavle there is going to be a big difference but its really $$$. oh and i almost forgot..the minibody has to stay, so no ule for me :nono: so is there anyting i could change that wouldn't be too expensive and that would make a obvious difference?????

I would apreciate your advice :)

A-Tach-One
07-30-2005, 05:35 PM
hear this... i have a stock minimag (except for the y frame) and i find my gun kinda heavy compared to the other markers i had. now i know if i change the valve to an x vavle there is going to be a big difference but its really $$$. oh and i almost forgot..the minibody has to stay, so no ule for me :nono: so is there anyting i could change that wouldn't be too expensive and that would make a obvious difference?????

I would apreciate your advice :)
A ULE rail would make the biggest difference. And if you like your rail and want to save the cash, just get it milled out.:cheers:

JoshK
07-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Run it on 12gs. ;)

Probly what person above me said. Also...why is an ULE body not an option for you?

slade
07-30-2005, 10:06 PM
eat healthier and in smaller portions, dont drink soda, get cardiovascular exercise frequently...

OH, oh you meant your marker has a weight problem...

well if youre ruling out an x-valve and ule body its going to be hard to lose weight. you could get a uled rail, get a vert frame (rogue or logic) both are lighter than a y, or get someone to mill some weight off of your y. but why cant you get a ULE body?

KillingSpree
07-30-2005, 10:24 PM
ya ive thought about the rail but i didnt think a new rail would make such a difference. and the reason for not getting a ule body is just because i wanted to make myself a mag with the same minimag old school style. :D thanx for all your advice! i will be shopping for a new rail then. anyone have ideas on what rail i should put ona minimag? (light one of course)

slade
07-30-2005, 10:36 PM
ya ive thought about the rail but i didnt think a new rail would make such a difference. and the reason for not getting a ule body is just because i wanted to make myself a mag with the same minimag old school style. :D thanx for all your advice! i will be shopping for a new rail then. anyone have ideas on what rail i should put ona minimag? (light one of course)
check the dealers forum, look into rogues rails (search for RPG) theyre nice. or you may be able to pick up a used ule'd rail for cheaper.

VFX_Fenix
07-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Check out the RPG Splinter Rail at www.themagsmith.com