PDA

View Full Version : New pistol at IAO

JoshK
07-30-2005, 06:35 PM
This is a post from MCB...the second thing has a discussion allready so I will just post his quote starting from the third one.

Comments? :)

Renegade_Azzy wrote:
Third thing should get most of you riled up....
http://www.tacticalairguns.com/Tactical_web_ready.gif

Its a blow-forward pistol, with the 12gram and 7 balls in the magazine. trigger is nice, shoots decent, and barrel slips out for easy cleaning (it reminds me much of a mag barrel).

Talked with a few of the fellows there, the grip has a check valve so you can reload the paint without wasting too much air, and they say about 3 reload per 12gram. its setup with an overpressure relief, so it cant shoot too high if conditions change, and fits my big hands well.

only downside i see is that you need to reload the 12grams with an allen key at this time, and most fields wont allow you to go out in a game with tools. We talked about incorporating a quick change, but they wanted to get this version out onto the market and see how it does.

Show price - 295.95, and an extra mag was 39.95. www.tacticalairguns.com, 1-877-tactical

(edit)
Oh yeah, when PaintYa and myself were over at the AGD booth, we saw quite the cool minimag. It was a polished tilted powerfeed body (so the hopper would sit right above the body) with chrome RT accessories and a chromed 6pack. Very sharp :) (oh yeah, it ahd an 18v shredder mod for the old revvy on it.. too cool!)

Pyroboy597
07-30-2005, 06:40 PM
I always thought pistols were a waste of money, but that one looks a lot better than most... still a money eater.. but atleast it isnt fugly

Target Practice
07-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Countdown until some moron gets shot because they pointed this at a cop.

Load SM5
07-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Countdown until some moron gets shot because they pointed this at a cop.

No kidding, that's a bit too real looking to be safe.

Hairball
07-30-2005, 08:46 PM
I've heard that one before, but it's far too big to be mistaken for a real gun I think. At least in the daylight.

I shot it, it was pretty accurate, no recoil. It was cool.

vf-xx
07-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Hrm, once the co2 cartrige is pierced, I wonder how long it can stay out of the gun with that check valve?

That could be fun, buy a few extra clips and reload quickly. Looks much better than the top clip style pistols.

hockeynoodles020
07-30-2005, 08:50 PM
looks like somthing from robocop :rofl: What makes it worth $200 more than any other pistol?(cept for sydarm)

stop whining buy a mag
07-30-2005, 08:51 PM
I play with several cops at my field and they complain about realistic looking airsoft guns. The city I used to live in prohibited discharging a paintball marker or airsoft gun in the city because the police department got too many calls of minors walking around with guns.

I completely agree that this could get someone shot.

hockeynoodles020
07-30-2005, 09:04 PM
I play with several cops at my field and they complain about realistic looking airsoft guns. The city I used to live in prohibited discharging a paintball marker or airsoft gun in the city because the police department got too many calls of minors walking around with guns.

I completely agree that this could get someone shot.

hehe, that happened to me and some of my friends...NEVER PLAY AIRSOFT AT A CHURCH WHEN YOUR RUNNING ON THE ROOF WITH A MP5 AT MIDNIGHT :nono:

warbeak2099
07-30-2005, 09:11 PM
OMG, I hope these never see a "rogue" field. That would only end in disaster. On a regulated scenario/woods field though, that'd be real cool. I hope the price keeps "rogue" woodsballers from using them.

JoshK
07-30-2005, 09:23 PM
OMG, I hope these never see a "rogue" field. That would only end in disaster. On a regulated scenario/woods field though, that'd be real cool. I hope the price keeps "rogue" woodsballers from using them.

Why would it matter that they are playing rogue? All that matters is if they are out of the public eye. If people don't see them, no one will call the cops; no one calls the cops, the cops don't come; the cops don't come, no irresponsable kiddy points it at a cop and gets shot.

It's all about playing where you won't be seen. That is true with any paintball gun or airsoft gun.

Ratzo
07-30-2005, 09:33 PM
I like it, very sleek.
I've been hopeing for a pistol with the mag in the grip.

warbeak2099
07-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Why would it matter that they are playing rogue? All that matters is if they are out of the public eye. If people don't see them, no one will call the cops; no one calls the cops, the cops don't come; the cops don't come, no irresponsable kiddy points it at a cop and gets shot.

It's all about playing where you won't be seen. That is true with any paintball gun or airsoft gun.

Because "rogue" players usually walk through residential or public property to get to their field. Any time someone is out of the boundaries of a regulated, professional field with that would make me nervous.

JoshK
07-30-2005, 09:43 PM
I've never walked through residental areas, at any of the rogue places I play at. I wouldn't worry about rogue players getting ahold of this...I would be worried about irresponable people. That could be speedball players, scenario players, kids, and adults alike. Anyone who would be stupid enough to walk around residential places. Not just rogue players. That sir is a stereotype.

EDIT: Now let's please get this back on topic.

NewMagMan21
07-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I personally hate all paintball markers that resemble guns...I always thought I was playing paintball not trying to assassinate a friend...IMO mil-sim paintball players should switch to airsoft...(Im not sure if that was harsh or not ;) )...But you know what its all fun and gets...until someone gets shot but a confused cop, that is...

zackzel
07-30-2005, 10:45 PM
I looked at this at IAO, I must say it was pretty sweet. What a scenario gun. It even had a nice balanced feel to it.

VFX_Fenix
07-31-2005, 12:16 AM
Looks pretty cool, being internally fed with a magazine is a definate plus, I can see this being very popular with the scenario crowd. Personally I'd probably buy one and a few extra mags and play like that, I like playing with pistols and usually have a blast when I'm playing with my PGP or PT Enforcer. I'm very glad that they made the pistol at least appear to be smaller, not to mention that it's nice that it isn't another Spyder clone with an abreviated bolt and striker.

sol tank
07-31-2005, 12:18 AM
I personally hate all paintball markers that resemble guns...I always thought I was playing paintball not trying to assassinate a friend...IMO mil-sim paintball players should switch to airsoft...(Im not sure if that was harsh or not ;) )...But you know what its all fun and gets...until someone gets shot but a confused cop, that is...

i could easily say that same about speedballer types. Go jump in a monkey cage and fling poop...but i love paintball to much to hate on any one style.

Lohman446
07-31-2005, 12:24 AM
I actually spent a day at IAO today wandering around waiting for some of my friends (who wanted an early ride home) to finish up a few games. I thought this pistol to be great. Well I had heard this pistol "resembled a glock" it was apparent to me at a glance from ten yards away it was not. Does that mean it is not a valid point that someone could get shot? Not at all, but its not as real as I think some of you may worry. I am told by its promoters that it gets about 24 rounds off a twelve gram. There is a rear velocity adjuster as well as a bleed valve in case pressure spikes. The barrel is easily removeable. Due to a noticeable crowd at the tent I did not get into the mechanics of it, but from what I saw the quality of materials and fit of parts was very good.

I liked the idea, a quick change pistol gives those of us who occassionally want to try out pistols a way of doing it and having options on field. I did not buy any today, but I have the number.

VFX_Fenix
07-31-2005, 01:46 AM
Looks to me like it's a funky crossing between a Glock (trigger frame) M9* (exposed barrel through the false slide assy) and an IMI Desert Eagle (Boxy rear end).

*The M9 is the military designation of the Beretta Model 92 combat pistol

I'm actually kinda curious as to where the magazine release is since it doesn't look like it uses a cross bolt or lever style release (Sig Sauer / H&K ).

Hey Lohman, did you get a chance to feel the heft of one of these things?

space_weazel_45
07-31-2005, 04:17 AM
that roxors my boxors! i want one!

Lohman446
07-31-2005, 07:18 AM
They were heavy, but not uncomfortably so - I did not weigh one. The grip frame was nice, and they seemed to be decently balanced and well thought out. The amidexterous safety was something I did not expect to see for instance. I wish I had had time to take one apart - the company had several just laying on the table for people to look at, I did not test fire it because I did not want to be in the way. The booth was very popular.