PDA

View Full Version : How can I fix my Torpedo Reg?

hobbesTZ
07-30-2005, 10:06 PM
When I was running to a bunker today I fell (damn you woods) and apparently I ran my gun into the ground because the bottom of my Topedo reg. bent backwards as you can see in the picture. What can I do about this?

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/Pict0044.JPG

hobbesTZ
07-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Picture added :clap:

VFX_Fenix
07-31-2005, 12:07 AM
You may end up scratching the Ano doing this and I don't take any responsibility for any damage that's done to your reg if you do this.

Find yourself a Bench Vice and then wrap the top of the reg in a rag, clamp that into the vice (don't turn it down too tightly or you can warp the reg housing). Find the biggest pair of Channel Locks you can that'll still grip your reg, wrap the jaws in rags then grab a hold of the bottom of the Torpedo with your padded C-Locks. Facing the Vice, clamp the C-Locks on the LEFT hand side of the reg, grasp the C-Lock handles firmly and smoothly apply firm pressure until the Reg Halves start to unscrew from eachother. If you're huffin' and puffin and the thing isn't budging, toss the entire reg into some boiling water for a few minutes and try again (be careful not to burn yourself) Also, be aware that you may ruin the reg by heating it in this fashion, again, at your own risk. If the reg still doesn't want to come loose you can try tapping the c-lock handles with a rubber mallet to see if that'll get 'em to break loose.

Ultimately the biggest danger here is sheering the metal at the joint. This is your reg and you're solely responsible for how you do this.

slade
07-31-2005, 10:14 AM
sell it on ebay as a "lightly used" torpedo reg, and use the profits to buy a new one. ;)

jk

you can try fixing it or bending it back as fenix said, but its most likely not going to be able to be fixed. you can try taking it apart and buying a replacement of whatever is broken, or if you cant find parts just sell it on ebay as a parts reg.

Southparkrocks
07-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Buy an used one on the nation for 35 bucks if all else fails.