PDA

View Full Version : So what kinda goggles are good?

bornl33t
08-01-2005, 04:39 AM
I haven't played paintball this year yet. Heck I think I only played once last year. At the end of the year I loaned out my stuff and my bud traded my flex-7 ize with a field rental. I didn't notice until 2 weeks later unfortunatly. So I gotta get a new mask. I don't wear glasses, I ONLY play with a Phantom now and I have problems with fogging. The Flex-7 was GREAT! I see there's a proteus, axiom and a flex 8 out now? and a '05 JT flex 7? What's a good mask?

does the flex-8 acctually flex? It looks like it reinforced with plastic :cry:

Help me out please. My local store is no help at all they told me last week AGD had stopped shipping to stores and had gone out of buisness?

I need to order the mask sometime early this week so it gets here by this weekend? Are Redz knee/shin pads still the best on the market?

Oh and what online stores are still good?

Blazestorm
08-01-2005, 06:09 AM
I haven't played paintball this year yet. Heck I think I only played once last year. At the end of the year I loaned out my stuff and my bud traded my flex-7 ize with a field rental. I didn't notice until 2 weeks later unfortunatly. So I gotta get a new mask. I don't wear glasses, I ONLY play with a Phantom now and I have problems with fogging. The Flex-7 was GREAT! I see there's a proteus, axiom and a flex 8 out now? and a '05 JT flex 7? What's a good mask?

does the flex-8 acctually flex? It looks like it reinforced with plastic :cry:

Help me out please. My local store is no help at all they told me last week AGD had stopped shipping to stores and had gone out of buisness?

I need to order the mask sometime early this week so it gets here by this weekend? Are Redz knee/shin pads still the best on the market?

Oh and what online stores are still good?

Flex-8 isn't "released" yet, atleast I don't think so, they're still finishing it up. It does not flex like the old ones.

I recommend the 05 Proflex, $53 on some websites and I think the best mask out right now, some claim the profiler but those fog in humid conditions. My Proflex has never fogged as long as you take care of the lense. (Spray water on the front, never the back, wipe with a soft cloth in large swipes, not rubbing in circles.

There are many companies who make knee-shin pads.... I have empire, dye only makes kneepads, JT has knee/shin pads and a few other companies as well. I like empire but that's just me. They're all basically the same. Not one is significantly better than the other.

http://www.paintballgear.com
http://www.paintballace.com
http://www.paintballgateway.com
http://www.assassinspaintball.com
http://www.firstcallpaintball.com

Are my favorite sites, all have shipped fast and haven't screwed up the order yet :)

G:

Adamk58
08-01-2005, 07:39 AM
You could buy most any v force and be happy with it. I had a flex 7 a while back that i sold and bought a v force. The flex was good but the v force is much better.

Blazestorm
08-01-2005, 07:42 AM
He said he had a problem with fogging.

The new 05 proflexs have re-designed foam similar to the old-school JT masks (Very soft, very comfy) soft earpieces and a lense that does not fog.

Mr. Mouse
08-01-2005, 10:06 AM
i say get a jt or v-force, ive had both masks and both love them, now i use a blue profiler from v-force and i love it

Archangel Zer0
08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I'd go with vforce, I've never had a problem with the Morph I bought after my Proteus 2 w/fan kept getting condensation on the inside of the lens.

Hexis
08-01-2005, 10:15 AM
I owned a pair of Scotts (years ago), mutiple JT sets and now I own a set of V-Force Profilers. The V-Force gogs are by far the best set I have ever owned. I would highly suggest anything in the V-Force lineup. I love the Profilers, but the Morphs are pretty similar.

master_alexander
08-01-2005, 11:20 AM
personally i like the goggles you wear...

(non-smartass awnser) i have owned a scott and a profiler. the profiler was awesome until somebody stole it. so now i use the scott, and its comfy and i learned how to breath and not fog it up.

my favorite in general paintball store is www.pbgear.com, and pbreview.com will give you great reviews and some links to items in other online stores. AGD is still in business, but needs to recapture the tourney scene.

Jaan
08-01-2005, 01:01 PM
You can still get Flex 7 IZE's of course. I love mine.

What do you need knee pads for? I'm just asking because if you're old, like me, and have busted up your knees too much as a kid then you might need support so your knees don't hurt by the end of the day. So far the best knee pads I've worn for paintball are a pair I got from a sporting goods store. The Redz, even though they're great, still seemed a little big and bulky. The pads I bought have a padded "donut" with hole in the middle which makes them very flexible too.

bornl33t
08-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Ok that gives me a good idea on what's going on. I live in the DesMoines area. If there's one think you should know about the summer here is that the air is dripping wet most days. So that's why I'm so careful about fogging. I had a raven goggle once and I could NOT keep that thing from fogging, totally ruined the fun.

I think I'll try a proflex they look almost the same at the flex7 I had maybe with a slightly less bulk profile. And now that I'm fat I need to look like less of a target to the kids.
As for the pads, I had a pair of JT's (I think) long time ago. They were bulky and didn't stay in place. I only used them for one game a gave up on knee pads. I've got good knees but I would still like to be a little wreckless and not have to worry about walking with a limp for the next 2 days. I have some uncanty ability to do great for a day of paintball and then the last game I try to put my knee through something ( last time it was a good solid cottonwood ...the cottonwood won ). I rememeber a buddy using some sorta redz pads and I keep telling myself I'd get some when I made a order somewhere to save shipping ;)

Thanks again! :headbang:

Blazestorm
08-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Ok that gives me a good idea on what's going on. I live in the DesMoines area. If there's one think you should know about the summer here is that the air is dripping wet most days. So that's why I'm so careful about fogging. I had a raven goggle once and I could NOT keep that thing from fogging, totally ruined the fun.

I think I'll try a proflex they look almost the same at the flex7 I had maybe with a slightly less bulk profile. And now that I'm fat I need to look like less of a target to the kids.
As for the pads, I had a pair of JT's (I think) long time ago. They were bulky and didn't stay in place. I only used them for one game a gave up on knee pads. I've got good knees but I would still like to be a little wreckless and not have to worry about walking with a limp for the next 2 days. I have some uncanty ability to do great for a day of paintball and then the last game I try to put my knee through something ( last time it was a good solid cottonwood ...the cottonwood won ). I rememeber a buddy using some sorta redz pads and I keep telling myself I'd get some when I made a order somewhere to save shipping ;)

Thanks again! :headbang:

05 Proflex is what you're looking for, After 5-10 removals of the lense (Maybe 3-4 days of play) the frame will become much easier to remove the Lense, Much easier than earlier models.

And it will not fog, as long as you take care of the lense and the mask.

can'tthink of1
08-01-2005, 03:54 PM
V-force Profilers are my fav masks. Proflex's are great masks too, just not as comfy imo, and harder to chance the lense.

As for knee pads, 05 Proto's are great, couple of buds have them and really like them. Its best to go try some on at the local proshop, so you can find out your size.

mandatory
08-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I use both a jt proflex and a proto switch. From my expierence, i like the proto mask better. The mask is quite comfortable, noticable difference from the proflex, and super easy to change/clean the lenses, under a minute easly. Also i got a free pair of chrome lenses to go with them so i guess that was a plus too. I dont know about the "coolness" factor of them (you can't roll the bottom up, sorry kiddies!), but comfort, field of vision, ease of lense removal, and overall performance were all outstanding. I have been playing in them for about 6 months, once or twice a week. no physical breakdown or wearing of any of the parts. replaced the lense once or twice but thats pretty standard.

I like my JT proflex as well but it is such a pain to clean that i usually use it in the first games, and as soon as it gets painted up I switch to my Proto mask for the rest of the day.

Id go with proto.

Blazestorm
08-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Maybe if you don't get shot in the face the Proflex is better :ninja:

Got shot once all weekend after 2 days of play on my body got 1 hopper hit and one feedneck.

can'tthink of1
08-01-2005, 04:02 PM
My Profiler got a couple bounces this weekend. One off the front grill, then a couple off the side.