PDA

View Full Version : Is my tank in hydro + swapping tanks...

hobbesTZ
08-01-2005, 04:02 PM
I just got a tank today that has a carbon fiber 68/4500 system X tank with a crossfire regulator. The date on the tank is 06-02. It's a luxfer tank and the Dot-E number is 10915-4500. On the tank it says to test it 5 years according to that number or 3 years in accordance with TC-SU 5134.

If it is out of hydro I have another tank that is in hydro attached to my maxflo. The tank attached to the maxflo comes off easy enough (like with angel air), should the crossfire reg. be the same way? I don't think it's attached to the original tank.

FallNAngel
08-01-2005, 04:27 PM
5 years if you're in the US, 3 years if you're in Canada.

Creative Mayhem
08-01-2005, 06:01 PM
5 years if you're in the US, 3 years if you're in Canada.

INNCORRECT

I wish people would read and understand labels, and not try to extrapilate what they mean.

Most current labels state that the first hydro test be done 5yrs after MFG date, then retest every 3yrs after that. This is based on model numbers and NOT based on country

At current, the only tanks that are test every 5yrs are the aluminum or steek tanks, and they have an unlimited lifespan(provided they pass each time), fiber wrapped tanks have a 15yr lifespan TOTAL, once they hit 15yrs they are done, gone finished, garbage.

I used to test these things all the time, and so many people would be using out of hydro tanks, or bringing them in at the wrong time, or god forbid using past lifespan.

hobbesTZ
08-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Then my tank is good until 06-07? After that hydro, it would need one again in 2010, right?

FallNAngel
08-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I wish people would read and understand labels, and not try to extrapilate what they mean.

Actually, I didn't extrapolate what it means... I *did* look it up.

Most current labels state that the first hydro test be done 5yrs after MFG date, then retest every 3yrs after that. This is based on model numbers and NOT based on country

Umm... no. DOT-E 10915 has a new regulation which you may not be aware of. Luxfer tanks tested before 5-11-01 have a 3 year hydro date for it's first test. After that, it jumps to a 5 year schedule. Any tank tested after that date is automatically on the 5 year schedule. Basically, if it's marked 3 year, it has a 3 year first hydro... after that, it jumps to 5. If it says 5, then it's 5.

It also *DOES* depend on what country you're in.

Supporting Documentation here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?postid=503735