PDA

View Full Version : Meuch's latest probs

Meuchelmorder
08-01-2005, 04:15 PM
classic mag RT

preset HPA tank

my mag worked fine on game day, took it home and cleaned/oiled it. put it back together and had a leak in the back. took it apart and my half of the o-ring on the banjo bolt (the one in the middle) had been blown up next to the top o-ring. so i replaced it thinkin it was just a weak o-ring.

I've been playing with a different marker for a couple months.

now when i gas up my mag, air leaks PROFUSELY out the back just like before. i replaced the SAME o-ring again and the same thing happened (o-ring halfway blown up into the top o-ring). i've replaced this o-ring 4 times now and have decided that the o-ring isnt my problem.

it seems like too much air is getting in there and the o-ring cant hold it anymore, but i'm using the same tank i was before and it's preset. i was about ready to chuck it at the wall :cuss: before i remembered AUTOMAGS.ORG.

any ideas are most gratefully welcome!

******UPDATE******

i added a second o-ring between the top and middle o-rings so the middle one has nowhere to move. marker is working "swimingly". in the back of my mind i'm worrying if this will cause some sort of damage down the road... but i think i'll try my luck. thx again all, i just thought i'd post my solution in case someone else has had the same prob recently.

******/UPDATE******

Dayspring
08-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately you found the reason why AGD discontinued the Classic RT.

Is there a burr or anything on the hole that might tear the oring?

Meuchelmorder
08-01-2005, 06:38 PM
nothings cutting the o-ring, it's just blowing half of it up and half stays in place, so in the middle sections it's stretched out so much that air just pours through there.

sounds like my mag is toast though. thx for the help anyway, much appreciated.

spsantos
08-01-2005, 07:11 PM
My best advice is: If you can, call AGD tech support, this should be the quickest way to track down the problem and solve it.

Usually when these kind of problems happen it's a question of trial and error, but with the help of an experienced tech you should get an answer/solution faster.

I can't help anymore than this, I just hope this helps in someway :)