PDA

View Full Version : Which should I use, Macro or Steel Braided!?

MajorDamage
12-02-2001, 11:18 PM
Ok, I can't decide which to use! Macroline or Steel braided!? VOTE AND TELL ME MY FATE! I am leaving this in the able hands of you AOers! WOWEE! This is just like one of those cool contests or experiments that Tom does, except you win nothing, you just tell me which to use! I have the poll set for 5 days, so vote quickly! VOTE AWAY MY FELLOW AOers! Show me which to use! And may the bicycles be with you when you go to your voting booth! BOO YA!

ENDO!

Bonx0007
12-03-2001, 03:05 AM
my ss never leaks. good stuff.

AirChunck
12-03-2001, 07:53 AM
I've used both and found that macro-line is easier to use and looks better. Less expensive and disconnects nicely.

Bartleby
12-03-2001, 08:03 AM
macro line. it's much easier to work with, and much cheaper. not to mention, i've never had a problem with it.

StevoC
12-03-2001, 09:29 AM
I prefer Stainless steel.

Ni cD
12-03-2001, 10:06 AM
Macro! If you cut it right and make sure you stick it into the fittings all the way, you'll never have any problems (that is, if you don't use co2 or run a super high pressure into the stuff).

Potatoboy
12-03-2001, 10:20 AM
I run Steel braided for a few reasons. For some reason it looks really nice on my marker. It's easy to work with in my opinion. Unlike Macro fittings it's actually rated to work under pressure. And the final reason, occasionally I like to run about 1200 PSI into my RTPro and I don't think Macro would take too kindly to that.

cphilip
12-03-2001, 12:54 PM
Depends. On a gas through fore grip I like to use both. Macro at the top run and SS on the bottom for that real tight bend from the grip to the tank that Macro doesn't like to do. Otherwise I like Macro. Thats what I currently have on the EMag.

12-03-2001, 03:13 PM
Macrolicious baby :D . I have no idea where that came from must be one of my caffiene induced made up words.

MajorDamage
12-03-2001, 03:22 PM
I'm not running a gas-thru, just valve to flatline, hose going behind and then under the gripframe. I voted that way I could see the results each time I logged in here...I voted blowgun :D lol.

ENDO!

cphilip
12-03-2001, 03:23 PM
I always run my lines bowed out to the front. Not back and under. Looks nicer to me.

MajorDamage
12-03-2001, 03:38 PM
Yeah it looks nicer, but I have steel braided right now and it scratches stuff that way, and got in my way. Its out of my way like this.

ENDO!

irbodden
12-03-2001, 04:10 PM
I HATE Macroline, the last one popped on me, cutting my hand up real good. It was leaky too, go with SS :D

PyRo
12-03-2001, 05:14 PM
If you do get macro, be sure to get the good stuff. I think its Parker or something.

zvanut
12-03-2001, 05:17 PM
some nice macro line, it looks spiffy

Dave
12-03-2001, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
This is just like one of those cool contests or experiments that Tom does, except you win nothing,

Now THAT is funny lol!!!

I would use steel braided, you'll get tough hands from them scraping all over the braided part and make you more tough!!

:)

-Dave

jobo_18
12-03-2001, 06:57 PM
i say go w/ the steel braided, my little bro has macro on his cocker and constantly has to cut it. he spends most of his time messiing w/ it because of leaks. i never have anyproblems w/ my steel braided hose on my mag.

jon

SquirrelKing
12-03-2001, 07:07 PM
Anyone have a recommended brand of macroline to use?

pumpamatic
12-03-2001, 08:17 PM
Macro, you can get like 5 different colors, and it's easy to work with and cheaper. I think I read somewhere that macro can do like 1000 psi, and micro can do much less than that, don't remember how much, but don't use micro on a mag. I like macro because it's easy to disconnect. At my local store they call it KAPP macroline, although I don't think it actually is. All I knows is my "KAPP" macro line works good at 850 psi on my nitro or whatever it is on CO2.

MajorDamage
12-07-2001, 04:51 PM
Today is the last day of the poll...I still think its open for a lil bit!

ENDO!

Dodo
12-07-2001, 10:41 PM
macroline. i like macroline. never leaked yet :D endo

MajorDamage
12-07-2001, 11:10 PM
Lol, whatcha talkin' bout DODO! Your macroline leaked when you first got it cuz the dude at pbgear cut it all wrong!! Then I(the master airsmith) fixed it!

ENDO!

Ni cD
12-07-2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
Lol, whatcha talkin' bout DODO! Your macroline leaked when you first got it cuz the dude at pbgear cut it all wrong!! Then I(the master airsmith) fixed it!

ENDO!

Hahaha, yeah! FNAAA!!!

Oh, and Major - he's ripping off your endo...;)

e21bgl
12-07-2001, 11:23 PM
Strongly recommended Steel braided hose only... :p

Dodo
12-08-2001, 07:26 AM
my new macroline.and shutup about my old one it was not my falt. it was some dude at paintball gear its his falt .not mine ok ill start some thing new !
hooha

MajorDamage
12-08-2001, 03:42 PM
Ok, I also say HooHa, but I didn't say it was your fault, I just said your macro did in fact leak, no matter who's fault it was.

ENDO!

Major Ho
12-09-2001, 09:30 AM
Run macro only if its a straight line. Steel Braided if there is any kind of bending. Which sounds like what you are doing.
Ive always used the braided without a problem, but I do wish I could have some neeto hose colorings :(

jurassic
12-09-2001, 11:01 AM
Stainless steel hose for its durability and ease of use. With QD at each end makes for easy removal for gun tear down and cleanup. The new aluminum and S/S swivel 90 deg fittings make setup a snap. The aluminum fittings come in several different anodized colors to match gun finish or as a highlight. Have them setup on the Mag and the cocker with no problems. I install all fittings with Loctite 242 a medium strength thread locker. Be sure the fittings are cleaned with alcohol and let set several hours before gassing up. No plumbers tape residue lodged in the reg. Have used micro and macro lines and the removing and reinstalling of hoses will weaken the ends. They have to be retrimmed until buying a new hose is required.
:cool:

WickeDKlowN
12-09-2001, 11:05 AM
steel braided, ive always used steel braided and have had no probs

paintballer187
12-09-2001, 01:34 PM
i would go SS, so much more durable and you don't have to worry about it blowing in your face or having a hard time to seal in the fitting

Aliens-8-MyDad
12-09-2001, 02:56 PM
i am gonna use c02 with micro (i think) line will it blow up on me? (be honest no biased coments cause you dont like it)

mitch
12-09-2001, 02:58 PM
macro line looks alot better. i use it one my mag for over a year now and i still use the same stuff.
it has never broken or exploded.

ss i use ss from my valve to my vert adaptor. i have had it there since i bought my mag and have had no problems.

so really just personnal preferance. both is really good. well ss would be stronger because it is stainless steel braided but it both works good.

joeyjoe367
12-09-2001, 08:27 PM
I can't vote now, but I'd say Macroline cuz you can take it off really fast. I use that when I'm disconnecting my valve to clean it up, etc.. No no need to use teflon tape more than once. You can even loc-tite 'em if you'd like.

As far as looking cool... Where's Miscue and his Plastic-wrapped SS hose e-mag?