PDA

View Full Version : Whats the fastest recharging screw in?

sleepingbeauty
08-02-2005, 04:24 AM
What is the best most consistent screw in for a really really fast emag?

thanks-
Pat

BigEvil
08-02-2005, 07:15 AM
Ive been using Centerflag tanks.. I recently swapped a preset that needs a rebuild with one of thier screw ins. Seems to work pretty good.

I also hear good things abou the Crossfires.

Lohman446
08-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Its been a few years but at one point Crossfire "proved" theres was the fastest recharging. I have had very good luck with them on mags though the tend to the lower side of presets - 750-800 PSI. The new Pure Energy tanks have been better than the last, but hav tended towards high and causing bounce. Dye throttles tend to be even lower and have not worked well on mags in the past - though some people have had very very good luck with them.

Xenocide
08-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Crossfire.
They are so good.
I love mine, it's taken a crapload of abuse and comes back every fill, no isues, no shootdown. EVER.

warbeak2099
08-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Nitro Ducks have pretty fast recharge rates as well.

master_alexander
08-02-2005, 08:47 AM
definatley crossfire.

lather
08-02-2005, 09:12 AM
I use a nitro duck x-stream which works great with my Speed. If you have more than one gun its really convienent to have an adjustable screw in. It works great with Low pressure and High pressure guns alike, just adjust input pressure accordingly. Cant do that with any of the presets.

My Xstream is my third Nitro duck tank and so far they all performed flawlessly.

MonsterMag
08-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Crossfire hands down.
I have a gauge on my Emag , the needle hardly moves when rapid firing.

SlartyBartFast
08-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Here's another question: Is any tank currently on the market have too slow a recharge rate?

Honestly now.......

AzrealDarkmoonZ
08-02-2005, 11:58 AM
The Answer is YES. There are subpar tanks, WGP happens to be one, the MAxFlo tiny tanks are among the worst I have test adjustable or preset. Centerflag performed well, and Nitro performed well in preset tests.

Az

cdacda13
08-02-2005, 12:00 PM
ACI BullDog

sleepingbeauty
08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
thanks for the comments

SlartyBartFast
08-02-2005, 01:44 PM
ACI BullDog

:rofl:

Not that I'm disagreeing, but it shows how pointless these threads are.

See the thread I started: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=180983

SlartyBartFast
08-02-2005, 01:49 PM
The Answer is YES. There are subpar tanks, WGP happens to be one, the MAxFlo tiny tanks are among the worst I have test adjustable or preset. Centerflag performed well, and Nitro performed well in preset tests.

Az

Subpar in what way? On what setup?

warbeak2099
08-02-2005, 01:59 PM
^I'm going to go ahead and guess a fast setup lol.

People have reported tanks like DYE Throttles not being able to keep up with sustained high rates of fire. The reg just doesn't recharge fast enough. Basically, if you're shooting 15-20bps you want regs that will recharge that fast without drop off. Some good regs that will do that are Centerflag, Nitro Duck, and Crossfire. I don't understand what all the controversy is about. If the tank reg, 2ndry reg, gun valve, etc. can't keep up, then you need to get something faster.

SlartyBartFast
08-02-2005, 02:06 PM
If the tank reg, 2ndry reg, gun valve, etc. can't keep up, then you need to get something faster.

True. But what part needs to be faster?

In the other thread, a volumiser added to an Angel seemingly makes an ACI Bulldog acceptable where as without one it experiences shootdown.

So which is the most effective thing to change or purchase in the first place?

Look at the WHOLE setup. Lines, fittings, volumisers secondary regs. It's a system that can be made to work well in many ways...

master_alexander
08-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Here's another question: Is any tank currently on the market have too slow a recharge rate?

Honestly now.......

my brother has a pmi, i have a crossfire. i filled the both up, and then shot my emag on hybrid at about 15. the pmi tank would not recharge fast enough, and the others i have tried are not different.

i also found out i need a new hopper, the revvy wolnt keep up...

sol tank
08-02-2005, 03:48 PM
my brother has a pmi, i have a crossfire. i filled the both up, and then shot my emag on hybrid at about 15. the pmi tank would not recharge fast enough, and the others i have tried are not different.

i also found out i need a new hopper, the revvy wolnt keep up...

crossfire and PE have the same recharge rate

sleepingbeauty
08-02-2005, 04:11 PM
I think I am going to get a centerflag 70/4500 they look mighty sexy!

I know crossfires are good tanks I own a few but I just wanted to know if there was anything else just as good.

thanks-
Pat

Automaggot68
08-02-2005, 04:56 PM
crossfire and PE have the same recharge rate

Dont listen to Master Alexander.
Ever.

Xenocide
08-02-2005, 05:20 PM
it's not just recharge rate.
I don't remember where it was (might be the warpig) but someone did a test which not only measured recharge rrate but consistancy of supplied presure at high rates of fire. The crossfire reached it's equilibrium far faster than any other tested tank.

As for some setups not beeing fast enough:

Friend had a dyethrottle, tried it on his dm4, on my old timmy, and on my mag,and it had horrible shootdown and inconsistancy at highvelocity.
:cheers:

yakitori
08-02-2005, 08:57 PM
hey pat. Centerflag is a good choice. I have crossfires on the viking and the ion, and they are great. If I went w/ another tank, it would be centerflag. Some like them more than crossfire, but I bought what I had the money for, and was available at the time.

Wassupstranger67
08-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Has any one tryed the MacDav 05 LegionAir??? they have 68/45 for $199 on there website??? I have a cossfire, and i was thinking about a buying a 2nd tank!!! http://www.macdev.net/us/legionair.htm

Aliens-8-MyDad
08-03-2005, 09:40 AM
i was just about to ask about the legion air.... looks purdy and mac dev makes great stuff.