PDA

View Full Version : restricted numbers on cell phones

maxama10
08-02-2005, 04:32 PM
okay so today i went to the doctors got my tonail cut out and numbed and all that so im walking out and i get a call on my cell and it says restricted number so i answer... and a stupid napolean dynamight soundboard answers back so i get pretty mad and hang up. now what i want to know is how can i figure out who just called me?

Brak
08-02-2005, 05:52 PM
call your phone company, they can tell you

quik
08-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Just let it go bro.

Vex
08-02-2005, 06:37 PM
You should have gone along with it; that way your call would end up on ebaumsworld.com and we could have all laughed and shared your experience!

digitard
08-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Your cellphone company wont tell you who it is... sorry.

Unfortunately its legal to block your calls. For a cellphone company to unblock a number they generally need a police request, or court order because otherwise it could be taken as a violation of privacy to give someones info out without their expressed permission.

Not much ya can do I'm afraid.

maxama10
08-03-2005, 04:55 PM
alright well thanks

rehme
08-03-2005, 11:34 PM
that is hella funny to do to people. i like using jack nicleous(sp) because there is so many different ways you can play it out.

Chris42050
08-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I dont get that unblocking a number is an invasion of privacy. If you choose to make a call to someone I think they have a right to see who is calling them. The only reason to keep your identity hidden is for prank calls or harrasing someone. I don't get it. Its a choice to call someone. No number should be blocked.

Kai
08-04-2005, 07:43 PM
I hate when the government tries to restrict numbers ever heard of freedom of speech?

FalconGuy016
08-04-2005, 07:58 PM
I hate when the government tries to restrict numbers ever heard of freedom of speech?
.......uh.... wrong? Im not exactly sure where the government comes into this one anyways.

*67 before any call, your number is blocked. Its good to have when you use your home phone for business use to avoid having people calling your house all the time. Or for example, you are a local teacher for say, horseback riding, with a lot of students, and you have to make emergency calls to say you are sick the next day, but suddenly they all have your number. Its a problem, trust me I've seen it, people are stupid.

You have a right to privacy, and yes it can obviously be abused, but man it was just napoleon dynamite...

maxama10
08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
i know but it was annoying and its not that it was that big of a deal but i really wanted to get back at em but its all in the past now so w.e haha thanks though guys

Kai
08-04-2005, 08:19 PM
i know but it was annoying and its not that it was that big of a deal but i really wanted to get back at em but its all in the past now so w.e haha thanks though guys

hahaha, ur welcome bud *high five*

MoneyShot
08-04-2005, 08:42 PM
i like using jack black for the prank calls

digitard
08-05-2005, 01:42 PM
When I was little (like 14) I thought it was funny to do this... now DONT DO IT ITS STUPID. lol. But it was hilarious when you're 14 and realize the phone could be cool.

I would call someone up, I have a deep voice, and be like "Hello Ma'am. My names Todd and I'm with Qwest Communications. We have a man working on the lines in your area and he's going to do have to do some work with live wires so we ask that you please dont answer your phone for the next 45 minutes. You may recieve calls but I assure you that they're just a result of work on the lines and we should be done in 30-45mins.

Sometimes if they agreed you hang up.

Then 10mins later call back and turn the static on your TV up really high and when they answer just go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH screaming at the top of your lungs.

Man... I sucked as a teenager. I'd kick my own *** now...lol.