PDA

View Full Version : Twistlock being a pain?

sleepingbeauty
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I have been beating the hell out of my twistlock trying to get it out. Is there any easy way to get this out without messing up the ule rail?

thanks-
Pat

Chronobreak
08-02-2005, 06:05 PM
I have been beating the hell out of my twistlock trying to get it out. Is there any easy way to get this out without messing up the ule rail?

thanks-
Pat

put it upside doen btwn two blocks of wood, and hammer it..

Vex
08-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Try taking the gun apart, and taking the actual lock out of the rail--your barrel will just slide right out. You may need to lube the spring inside the lock and work it back and forth a few times.
Now get your mind out of the gutter...

You may also need to replace the orings on your barrel.

Tunaman
08-02-2005, 06:13 PM
It really needs to be PRESSED out. Its a tapered part. Send it here and i will press it out for you. ;)

sleepingbeauty
08-02-2005, 07:10 PM
phazeshifter-talking about mind in gutter, you don't even know what i'm talking about.... :P

Tuna- Hey its one of your 1 of 16 acidwashes /w the morlock, I am switching it over to ule body so I can put eyes on it and use my cocker barrels. I am sure I can do it myself. Former sattelite tech Rod Demaris is a buddy of mine, if I can get it I know he can.

ScatterPlot
08-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I assume you are talking about the actual twistlock assembly. If you have a vise getting it out is simple. All you need is a couple small pieces of wood to keep everything held right and keep from marring. Put 2 pieces of wood on the concave side of the barrel with a space in the middle for the twistlock to come out. Then slowly crank the vise up to where it starts pushing on the twistlock, and go REAL slow. That will push the thing out, but be sure to be ready to catch stuff as it comes out, because when the twistlock reaches that "critical point" it will just fall out, and the rail will fall with it. Just hold the rail with one hand and crank with the other, the twistlock can withstand a fall :D.