PDA

View Full Version : Carrying Warped guns

ICOM
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Just taking a poll for myself how you all carry your warped guns to the field?

master_alexander
08-03-2005, 04:53 PM
in my hand.

(non smartass awnser):

im not really sure what youa re asking, but if you mean to the field like from the house, i dont put mine in a case, i keep it out, tank and hopper on. some people have a quick disconnect so they can take it off easily and put it in a case, i just perfer not to.

Target Practice
08-03-2005, 04:58 PM
In a velvet-lined mahogany case, with 24kt gold hinges, carried on the back of my Sri Lankan love slave.

<Jesus, this thread is stupid.>

BD_Paintball
08-03-2005, 05:00 PM
i would just carry mine in my hands or put it in a crate/backpack

tippmannsniper-
08-03-2005, 05:03 PM
In a velvet-lined mahogany case, with 24kt gold hinges, carried on the back of my Sri Lankan love slave.

hahahahahahaa ya

Creative Mayhem
08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
I second TP's mode of transport... but I usually reserve that for myself(minus the mahogany case of course) :D

Depending if i take both warped mags, I will use a gear bag like my Empire, along with other gear.

OR

If I am just taking one setup, I will use my Ratco gear bag, works extremely well for single setups...

I always carry my guns in bags just for ease of carrying and they have shoulder straps as well..

BigEvil
08-03-2005, 05:40 PM
I used to question the usefullness of Rouge's snatch grip, well, other than the coolness factor, until I started using a warp. It comes in handy when your carrying the gun to and from the field.

slade
08-03-2005, 05:44 PM

damn im jealous, i dont have a mahogany case with gold hinges, and my love slave is more gothic than sri lankan...

if i did have a warp, id just carry it on gun in my gearbag...
<yeah, i agree...>

Chronobreak
08-03-2005, 06:34 PM
i carry mine by the back under the valve, or upside down by the foregrip usualy

punkncat
08-03-2005, 06:41 PM
I got a giant plastic storage bin with the snap down lid. I put everything down in it, throw it in the bed of the truck and head out.
Its completly water proof, nearly unbreakable, has a built in tabletop or catch tray, it has a great deal of room.
What more could you want?

Maggot6
08-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I use a carry-on sized bag, barrels on the "floor" of it, then a towel, with my tank, revvy, and classic mag, my jersey, and then my emag with warp connector/brase thing sticking inbetween the classic mag and tank, and my warp on the side...

deathstalker
08-04-2005, 06:26 PM
I store and transport my warped E-Mag unassembled in an aluminum case, identical to one that could be found in the Dealer's Forum. It has removable/reconfigurable foam, so in it I have:

E-Mag, unassembled w/ charger
Extra ULE body, I bring both warp and vert bodies with me
Warp w/ aftermarket mounting bracket, including all related accessories
HALO

It also has a tool pouch for the lid, so I can carry tools, oil, parts, hoses, etc. If I didn't have the HALO in there, I think I could put my Flatline in it. Is it a pain in the butt to have to assemble/disassemble it so much? Yes, but it also makes sure I keep it clean and lubed, and that I know my marker with my eyes shut. :ninja: I use a couple JT bags for everything else (a 5.0 and a roller, and I put the aluminum case in the 5.0), including three tanks, second HALO, revy or two, 4-5 more markers, tool box, Freak and J&J barrel kits, change of clothes, towels, 4+3 harness, cleats, 10 tubes, and a whole other mess of stuff I'm sure I've forgotten.

if you mean to the field like from the house, i dont put mine in a case, i keep it out, tank and hopper on. some people have a quick disconnect so they can take it off easily and put it in a case, i just perfer not to.
In many areas of the country, it is illegal to transport an assembled marker.

MoneyShot
08-04-2005, 08:29 PM
i carry mine in a bag

Teamslayer76
08-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Publix/Sweet bay grocery bag...sp :)

Recon by Fire
08-05-2005, 06:22 AM
I put mine in the front seat next to me and seat belt it in place. Then I pat it lovingly with my hand and say sweet things to it as I drive. Sometimes my wife gets the same treatment :)

Jaan
08-05-2005, 01:50 PM
This applies to a .68Automag, but it's not that different ...

I had a case for years that was made from an aluminum tool box from Home Depot. If you get it from them it's cheap. I had some foam that I bought and cut out to fit the gun. Recently though, I changed around the configuration of the gun and it no longer fit well, so I just went to Target and bought a "sling" backpack. I put in some extra foam I had sitting around and now it fits great. The only thing I have to do is take the barrel off ... it *almost* fits with it on though. This is the style of backpack I used:

http://tinyurl.com/9zh33

Right now there's all these back to school specials so backpacks are cheap as hell. I paid less than $10 for mine, and they had some cool urban camo ones there too, but I wanted something small and light. I also use a rolling "suitcase" that I bought for $20 too. It's bigger than a rolling duffle and has plenty of room for my gun, 4+1, mask, paint etc. I also use a big plastic Rubbermaid tub like someone else suggested if I have to bring a ton of stuff with me like for Renegade.

I guess my point is that you can just go to a regular store and get a case cheap. It won't fit as well as a custom paintball gear bag, but for the price it will fit pretty darn good.

yakitori
08-05-2005, 03:23 PM
I used to put mine on a trailer, and carry it around on a pallet jack when I was at the field. Sometimes I would break out the flying o waggon. :p j/k.

I dont use warps anymore for personal reasons. I used to put mine in the front seat, and carry it where the valve is like you would w/ a snatch grip, only I didnt have a snatch grip.

if you are going to the field to play then I doubt you will get in any trouble by carrying an assembled marker. If you just want to take it to the store w/ you or something, then maybe. .

Mr. Mouse
08-05-2005, 04:21 PM
i dont put the gun in my gear bag, let alone any bag, i just carry it to the field and carry it the same way home, then clean it and let it sit till next time

Arstron
08-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I got a giant plastic storage bin with the snap down lid. I put everything down in it, throw it in the bed of the truck and head out.
Its completly water proof, nearly unbreakable, has a built in tabletop or catch tray, it has a great deal of room.
What more could you want?
Maybe this?

I carry mine to the field without the tank, hopper, or barrel on it in my case along with my blue/black rogue ULE (my minimag used to be beside it) and both wraped in a towel. I carry my autococker/spyder/pt extrem/tanks/barrels/mask/hoppers/all my extra parts in a big gear bag with a shoulder strap, everything is wraped in a towel of course. I always bring enough equipment to man a 3 man team, even when I play by my self. :D

When carrying my warped mag to the field to play, i simply carry it by the trigger frame like im ready to shoot, but with the saftey on. Its how I carry all my guns.

Jaan
08-05-2005, 04:59 PM
if you are going to the field to play then I doubt you will get in any trouble by carrying an assembled marker. If you just want to take it to the store w/ you or something, then maybe. .I suppose it depends on the field ... Fox 4 (where AONE was held) really frowns on guns being carried outside cases while transporting to and from vehicles. The parking lot and entrance are visible from the street and I can understand why. It stinks, but a lot of kids drive around shooting paintball guns as well, so I don't want the cops getting the wrong idea. A lot of those guys aren't too bright, ya know?

AGDlover
08-05-2005, 05:13 PM
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ea0b0azec59db6/e13e/__sr_/fbd5.jpg?phsf.8CBiOnYfpkA

THats how i carry mine everywhere(i'm in the red)

yakitori
08-05-2005, 07:38 PM
lol, cops can see you carry a gun assembled to your car and charge you with a crime because some punk kids have shot ppl w/ guns before. That reminds me of minority report and the precogs seeing crimes before the actually took place, and arresting ppl today for crimes that were visualized in the future. :D

Boydster
08-05-2005, 08:03 PM
I used to question the usefullness of Rouge's snatch grip, well, other than the coolness factor, until I started using a warp. It comes in handy when your carrying the gun to and from the field.
Unfortunately, I use an egg. That pretty much makes the Snatch grip I bought completely useless.
The coolness factor, like you said, still convinced me to buy it. :D

I got a pretty nice bag from Academy. I can store all my paintballs in it as well as my mag+warp and various other things. Cost 35 dollars too.