PDA

View Full Version : pmi traccer

LawnGnome7
08-04-2005, 12:43 AM
i just got a pmi traccer from a friend who didnt want it. i know nothing about them and neither does my friend so i was woundering if you guys could help me out. whenever i pump it it wont cock, the peice with the sear just moves back and wont catch the bolt. if anyone could help it would be awsome

Enemy
08-04-2005, 01:24 AM
your bolt pin is either missing or its not catching the hammer take the gun apart and make sure the bolt pin is seated in the whole thats on the top of the hamer and make sure the hamer is facing notched side down!

Jaan
08-04-2005, 01:36 AM
I was trying to find a picture of the gun since I can't remember exactly how it was laid out. However, a lot of the old pump guns, like the Kingman Hammer series, needed to be gassed up or the bolt won't catch the hammer. Just a thought.

space_weazel_45
08-04-2005, 03:41 AM
infact that particular gun must be gassed up to cock you need the back pressure on the PT

BigEvil
08-04-2005, 04:50 AM
Gass it up and try it. There needs to be pressure on the power tube to stop it from moving when you cock it.

I have a few Traccers, great little guns. Accurate too.

LawnGnome7
08-04-2005, 02:02 PM
i dont have any co2 but thank you for the help. ill try it as soon as i get some air

Muzikman
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Yep, as they stated, gas it up.

This is common with Nelson based pump guns.

LawnGnome7
08-04-2005, 03:35 PM
got it gasses up and it works. now how do i turn up the velocity, and also what kind of work will this gun require from me?

Muzikman
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Trracers are pretty simple guns. The worse that can happen to them is orings and valve seals. Keep it clean and oiled and it will last a long time.

The velocity is adjusted via the bolt. There is a hex center the to bolt. Turn it to the right, the velovity got up, turn it to the left, the velocity goes down. This can be done by taking the bolt out and doing it with a normal hex key, or you can buy a velocity adjustment tool, which is basically a long t-handeled hex key.

**It could also have an aftermarket Venturi bolt in which case you can you a really long screw driver.