PDA

View Full Version : NHL Anyone?

rkjunior303
08-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Anyone else excited that hockey is back?

Watching the last few days is sorta like watching a Fantasy Draft take place -- talk about the moves!

Early on, Philly is the team to beat in the East by picking up Forsberg... I still have faith in my Bruins, though.

The puck drops in 60 days.. Holla!

Brink
08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Red Wings > all

nuff said

MadPSIence
08-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I can't wait.

Go Avalanche!

Muzikman
08-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Philly? never...

It's all about this side of PA! Pens man...the Pens!

hockeynoodles020
08-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Philly? never...

It's all about this side of PA! Pens man...the Pens!

Hell YES! One name...Sidney Crosby! I wish i live over on the east coast, so i could see his first NHL game! Im guessing he gets 2 points :hail:

Eatem Alive
08-04-2005, 04:14 PM
i can't believe how many big name players are changing teams. it should be a good year...can't wait

Muzikman
08-04-2005, 04:29 PM
This is the kind of excitment that a Salery Cap can create. Make you wonder why they didn't do this a year ago.

I think afterht this year, Baseball is going to have to take a long hard look at Hockey if they want to save the MLB.

hockeynoodles020
08-04-2005, 04:47 PM
This is the kind of excitment that a Salery Cap can create. Make you wonder why they didn't do this a year ago.

I think afterht this year, Baseball is going to have to take a long hard look at Hockey if they want to save the MLB.

ahh...who cares about the MLB, not i. Yes, the salary cap will make things very interesting indeed. Now the only thing the NHL needs is nippy cheerleaders :rofl:

Alley
08-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Eh, a salary cap perhaps is the only way the Prates would ever have a chance to see the world series again.

Oh, and if you wanna see cheerleaders on ice skates, watch figure skating! Leave hockey alone! It doesnt need T&A messin it up .... blood, fights and ...well more blood!

hockeynoodles020
08-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Eh, a salary cap perhaps is the only way the Prates would ever have a chance to see the world series again.

Oh, and if you wanna see cheerleaders on ice skates, watch figure skating! Leave hockey alone! It doesnt need T&A messin it up .... blood, fights and ...well more blood!

Figure skating :nono: besides hockeys about the blood, fights, and women...after dropping the gloves and spilling the blood...its always nice to have a lady to take care of you...in only ways a woman can do ;) :headbang:

drg
08-04-2005, 05:32 PM
VERY excitited that hockey is back! Amazing moves this offseason, we'll see how the game is come October. I hope my team (SJ) gets into the free-agent fray soon, though!

Eatem Alive
08-04-2005, 05:44 PM
my team, the leafs, have lost nieuwendyk, roberts and leetch...ouch. the only real pick up they have made is jeff o'neill from carolina.

as long as we can still chant "EDDIE EDDIE!" we still have a chance. Belfour rules!

drg
08-04-2005, 06:19 PM
my team, the leafs, have lost nieuwendyk, roberts and leetch...ouch. the only real pick up they have made is jeff o'neill from carolina.

as long as we can still chant "EDDIE EDDIE!" we still have a chance. Belfour rules!

Not to mention a little guy by the name of ... Mats Sundin! What's the word on Mogilny this year?

Vex
08-04-2005, 11:11 PM
All I've got to say is: Jeremy Roenick is FINALLY a KING!!

WOOOFREAKINHOOO! :headbang:

drg
08-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Man ... Robitaille - Roenick - Demitra - Palffy ... the kings are going to be strong! Is Cechmanek going to be back?

magman007
08-05-2005, 02:01 AM
hehehe We Got Forsberg :)

<3 Flyers

Vex
08-05-2005, 05:45 AM
Man ... Robitaille - Roenick - Demitra - Palffy ... the kings are going to be strong! Is Cechmanek going to be back?
Neither Palffy or Cechmanek are on the roster as of yet :(

Vex
08-05-2005, 05:53 AM
Of the new rules, this has to be the best. I mean, how long have fans waited for this?:

Shootouts Guarantee A Winner -- The "breakaway" is the most exciting play in hockey, and fans will see more than ever this regular season as the NHL will implement a shootout to decide tied games. Games tied at the end of regulation play will continue with a sudden-death overtime period featuring four skaters per side (5 minutes). If the game remains tied, a shootout will determine the winner.

drg
08-05-2005, 07:05 AM
Of the new rules, this has to be the best. I mean, how long have fans waited for this?:

Shootouts Guarantee A Winner -- The "breakaway" is the most exciting play in hockey, and fans will see more than ever this regular season as the NHL will implement a shootout to decide tied games. Games tied at the end of regulation play will continue with a sudden-death overtime period featuring four skaters per side (5 minutes). If the game remains tied, a shootout will determine the winner.

I'm not too partial to the shootout. I was thinking, what if they played overtimes where each period, it was one less person per side .. like 1OT is 4 on 4, 2OT is 3 on 3, 3OT is 2 on 2 and 4OT is 1 on 1, which would essentially be like a shootout.

Eatem Alive
08-05-2005, 09:21 AM
i agree that shootouts can be exciting, i don't agree with it being the deciding factor...play until somebody scores.

RevBrown
08-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Hate to dissapoint you guys. But out of obscurity here we come. 2005/2006 Stanley cup champions THE MINNESOTA WILD.
Hear that? Yeah, It's the call of the WILD.

*Shrinks back into his chair* That's the corniest thing I have ever written.

Muzikman
08-05-2005, 12:47 PM
The last time Minnesota was in the Stanly Cup finals was in what, 91 when the Pens beat them 8-0 in the final game:)

RevBrown
08-05-2005, 02:17 PM
The last time Minnesota was in the Stanly Cup finals was in what, 91 when the Pens beat them 8-0 in the final game:)

New team, new organization, Jacque Lemaire at the helm, and solid players.
May be a little heavy on the defense for the new rule set but, we'll talk in the playoffs. ;)

logicmag19
08-05-2005, 02:39 PM
its about time they got their stuff together and made a deal they could all live by. i know all my team is happy that they're coming back. :clap:

Cameo
08-05-2005, 09:11 PM
I can't wit to see my Pens on the ice again..... I do so miss that ICEBERGH!!! He is the bestest in the whole world... well, I havn't seen the 17 yo play yet.. he might be my favorite, but untill then SHAKE YOUR BOOTY ICEBURGH :dance:

kosmo
08-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Sorry to tell you this but Pittsburgh used up all of its sports luck for the next decade or so on the Steelers last year. Youre just SOL for a while again.

RevBrown
08-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Sorry to tell you this but Pittsburgh used up all of its sports luck for the next decade or so on the Steelers last year. Youre just SOL for a while again.

So how do you explain them getting Crosby?

Cameo
08-06-2005, 09:58 PM
I honestly don't care if they are winning or losing, just as long as I am at a hockey game and Iceburgh is eating someones head. I love the sport.. the outcome of the game does not matter much to me.

Eatem Alive
08-06-2005, 11:51 PM
So how do you explain them getting Crosby?
and ziggy palffy...damn, that sucks kings fan.

Sheazer
08-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Sabres aren't looking too strong, lost Satin which ain't cool, oh well here's to actually watching hockey again! :cheers:

MicroMiniMe
08-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Hate to dissapoint you guys. But out of obscurity here we come. 2005/2006 Stanley cup champions THE MINNESOTA WILD.
Hear that? Yeah, It's the call of the WILD.

*Shrinks back into his chair* That's the corniest thing I have ever written.

Yeah, what a strong free agent period for MN.

I think we got one box of kleenex and a wet paper bag as pickups. With the fans and seats filled and a waiting list, the ownership sat on its can.

Gaborick needs out of the slump, dumping Brunette and any hope of an offense with him.

/Yeah, good(?) defense and pitching (goalie) is working so well for the Twins.

Wild need a good setup man like Gomez.

RevBrown
08-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah, what a strong free agent period for MN.

I think we got one box of kleenex and a wet paper bag as pickups. With the fans and seats filled and a waiting list, the ownership sat on its can.

Gaborick needs out of the slump, dumping Brunette and any hope of an offense with him.

/Yeah, good(?) defense and pitching (goalie) is working so well for the Twins.

Wild need a good setup man like Gomez.

Sadly I agree. Or even another offensive player to rally the team around (Face it Rolly is king between the pipes). Gabby was hot, but when he slumps like he did you need another go to guy.

I don't think that came out clear enough. Not so much a super-star player but a rallying point for the whole team. A solid offensive leader. We already sit strong on defense.

Btw how long is the waiting list. Sometime in this season or next season I want to come out to Excel center to see a game.

MicroMiniMe
08-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Sadly I agree. Or even another offensive player to rally the team around (Face it Rolly is king between the pipes). Gabby was hot, but when he slumps like he did you need another go to guy.

I don't think that came out clear enough. Not so much a super-star player but a rallying point for the whole team. A solid offensive leader. We already sit strong on defense.

Btw how long is the waiting list. Sometime in this season or next season I want to come out to Excel center to see a game.

Oh, there's always scalpers I'm sure for just a game or two. I think the season tickets have the waiting list. I mean its not a Green Bay waiting list (lifetime), but out a good year or maybe two.

I'd like the Wild to pickup a decent center is all I'm saying. Someone younger to stay a good 5 years with Gaborick. Not even a super scorer, just a good passer and faceoff guy to play solid minutes first line.
So what are we going to be, 10 mil under the cap or something?
/worst on power play this year I'd bet
/how many more 0-0 ties, wait, shootout now, so 0-0 losses, weee.

Vex
08-08-2005, 11:10 PM
and ziggy palffy...damn, that sucks kings fan.
:( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

bleachit
08-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Sabres aren't looking too strong, lost Satin which ain't cool, oh well here's to actually watching hockey again! :cheers:

didnt they loose one or two other "big names"... well big for the Sabres..

maybe God will stop hatin on us now that Satan is out of Buffalo..

Muzikman
08-09-2005, 09:45 AM
I am just trying to figure out who is going to play left wing for the Pens. They loaded up the right real nice. I guess some of these former right wingers might have to move to the left.

Thordic
08-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I can't wait. The Rangers are going to suck this year due to the rebuild but its been a long time coming. I can take some more losing as long as its for the right reasons.

I think that the Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr line will kick some *** for 20 - 30 games as they are used to the no red line / open ice and they have played together. As the rest of the league gets used to it a little more, their performance will slow down.

I think Ville Nieminen can potentially be the most entertaining player to come to NYC since Esa Tikkanen himself. Everyone loves an agitator on your team, and since we don't have Fleury or Barnaby anymore, we need some of that.

I predict the Rangers will finish 11th in the East.

Muzikman
08-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Yeah, but you are talking Jagr, he'll figure out a way to screw it up.

rkjunior303
08-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, but you are talking Jagr, he'll figure out a way to screw it up.

Jagr is debating staying in Russia, due to the amount of a pay cut he would have to take.

Muzikman
08-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Jagr is debating staying in Russia, due to the amount of a pay cut he would have to take.

Good, he won't be missed by me. I had to put up with his crap in Pittsburgh for too many years. He is a great player, but man is he a jerk and cry baby.

ShooterJM
08-09-2005, 03:53 PM
I think Ville Nieminen can potentially be the most entertaining player to come to NYC since Esa Tikkanen himself.

Agreed, he's great to watch play. Just never shuts up! :rofl:

Can't believe belive the Avs lost both forsberg and foote. Although in reality you had to figure they couldn't keep everyone. At least we still have sakic. :cheers:

Vex
08-09-2005, 05:29 PM
At least we still have sakic. :cheers:
And Blake :cry:

Come back to L.A., Rob--we forgive you!!

Thordic
08-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Jagr is making something like 8.36 million a year in the US right now if he plays in the NHL, its hard to believe they are paying him more than that in Russia.

Also, if he backs out of his contract now to stay in Russia (he is still under an NHL contract), I can practically guarantee he wouldn't be welcome to come back to the NHL at any time in the future.

He'll be back by the start of the season. I guarantee.

MicroMiniMe
08-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Jagr is making something like 8.36 million a year in the US right now if he plays in the NHL, its hard to believe they are paying him more than that in Russia.

Also, if he backs out of his contract now to stay in Russia (he is still under an NHL contract), I can practically guarantee he wouldn't be welcome to come back to the NHL at any time in the future.

He'll be back by the start of the season. I guarantee.

Doesn't Jagr have Russian mafia ties/rumors similar to what Frank Sinatra had?
Did Hasek finally retire?

Sheazer
08-10-2005, 01:08 AM
didnt they loose one or two other "big names"... well big for the Sabres..

maybe God will stop hatin on us now that Satan is out of Buffalo..

Yeah lost Zitchinak or however the heck you spell that name. Not sure on anyone else though.

Cameo
08-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Boy I love reading a thread aobut a sport thta I actually underestnd and know something about.. reading the newspaper was such a bore last year... I am glad hockey is back.

RevBrown
08-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Boy I love reading a thread aobut a sport thta I actually underestnd and know something about.. reading the newspaper was such a bore last year... I am glad hockey is back.

Newspaper was dull. But I was absolutley glued to the NHL, NHLPA, and FOX NHL websites.

Eatem Alive
08-11-2005, 10:42 AM
the leafs might sign eric lindros pending the results of an mri. i'm not sure if that is good news or not. at least they're are making another move aside from jason allison.

MicroMiniMe
08-11-2005, 12:25 PM
the leafs might sign eric lindros pending the results of an mri. i'm not sure if that is good news or not. at least they're are making another move aside from jason allison.
What do you mean, the Leafs resigned Domi...
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nhl/2001/0405/photo/i_hansons_hi.jpg

And I was thinking of Pavel Bure, he was the one with Mafia ties. Jagr is just guilty of pouting and mulletness.

Eatem Alive
08-11-2005, 01:59 PM
as far as bringing in new players to replace what they have lost, they haven't done much