PDA

View Full Version : Automag w/ wispering death is leaking...

Aman
12-03-2001, 10:04 AM
Hi, i'm mew here and I had a few questions.

I just bought an automag68 from a buddy at work.It has a Wispering Death chamber on it. my problem is that there is an air leak on the chamber.Please see pics attached. I have tried to tighten the screw but that does nothing. I think the o-ring is bad. Thanks for your help.

Aman Out

Cha0tic
12-03-2001, 10:10 AM
if it is coming from the place where your hardline is screwed in to, then you need somthing to seal the threads. i suggest teflon tape for that. it is also pretty cheap.

DrEvil
12-03-2001, 10:33 AM
im really sorry for this but i cant help it.....maybe thats why its called whispering death!?!

Hexis
12-03-2001, 12:42 PM
Cha0tic You don't know how it seals at that part. The threads have nothing to do with it.

You can try replacing the O-Ring there. I'm not sure of the size, but it's a normal ring that's just held in that elliptical shape by the grove it fits in.

I did something a lil different, I took that part off and had a hole tapped that's standard air fitting sized. Then you can use any of the standard air fittings, SS Braided, Macro line. You would loose the cool hard line that you have now, but in the long run it would be easier to maintain.

DrEvil, don't disparage the best expansion chamber ever made. ;) It's really too bad Air America doesn't make it anymore. For me on a remote is was as regular as Nitro. Not that I would give up the ease of use of Nitro, but it's still a very nice part if you are using CO2.

Aman
12-03-2001, 04:07 PM
Thanks for your help.

PyRo
12-03-2001, 04:43 PM
Hmm, back bottle adapter. Havn't seen one of those in a long time :)

Aman
12-03-2001, 05:35 PM
yeah the gun is a few years old. but it was a good deal

DrEvil
12-03-2001, 09:39 PM
couldnt he also just change the line. like put a braided line in and new connections?

Hexis
12-03-2001, 10:45 PM
Yeah, but that's not a normal air fitting. To do that the hole would have to be drilled out and tapped. Which is exactly what I did on mine.