PDA

View Full Version : help with rail to asa mounting

muskratjim
08-04-2005, 09:10 PM
ok ao, i'm having real trouble mounting my new ccm asa to new custom products rails one razor one lighting. i'm wondering if there is a way to strip the anno off in a neat and controled way or do you just bash them on with a rubber mallet. i've put a tape measure to both the asa and the rails the are both 3/8th inch. i've tried oil to lube them but that didn't help i'm at loss and really need some advice thanks jim :confused:

A-Tach-One
08-04-2005, 09:16 PM
ok ao, i'm having real trouble mounting my new ccm asa to new custom products rails one razor one lighting. i'm wondering if there is a way to strip the anno off in a neat and controled way or do you just bash them on with a rubber mallet. i've put a tape measure to both the asa and the rails the are both 3/8th inch. i've tried oil to lube them but that didn't help i'm at loss and really need some advice thanks jim :confused:
Your going to have to mill some of that drop down, do it slowly untill it slides on snug. I used my dremel very carefully and then used a file to make sure it was flat. CCM asa does not fit a CP drop. That is what I had to do to make my ccm to fit my CP Razor.

muskratjim
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
thanks a tach one. i don't know of i can do that maybe i'll just put the ccm asa up for sale and buy one from cp again thanks for the info , :) jim