PDA

View Full Version : College feild suggestions

can'tthink of1
08-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Well, I'm going to be in my last year of college, and I'm starting to look into colleges. Right now, I have no idea what I want to do, and I'm looking to you guys for suggestions.

First, I've been looking into aeronautical engineering, the possibly piloting. Now, I've heard the the demand for aircraft mechanics, and engineers will be on the rise in the upcoming years, and I'm into that kind of stuff, so I figure it would be a worthy field to look into. Now, the question is, will it be worth it? Is it a good field?

Then, I'm looking for more suggestions for jobs. I like hands on stuff, fixing stuff. I'm a fairly bring students, In Honors classes, with a 3.75 weighted GPA. I'm also into electronics and kinda into computers. With that said, what might be some other fields that I could look into? I want a field where there are jobs that aren't too hard to find, and pay fairly well.

Thanks a lot guys. :)

-Tab
08-04-2005, 10:59 PM
I like hands on stuff, fixing stuff. I'm a fairly bring students, In Honors classes, with a 3.75 weighted GPA.

And you still can't spell field?

Sorry, I had to.

kosmo
08-04-2005, 11:10 PM
What is a bring students? Well its a good thing youre a science guy I suppose :D

Seriously though. Try looking into automotive engineering, its a pretty snazzy field if you like cars. And what with the situation the big 3 are in I bet theyd be looking for fresh ideas.

Jaan
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
A young man is shopping in Cambridge MA and he's in the 10 items or less express line. When he gets up to the cashier it's obvious he has more than 10 items, so the cashier says "I bet you go to either M.I.T. or Harvard!" The young man is surprised and says "you're right, how did you know?" The cashier says "because you either go to Harvard and can't count, or M.I.T. and can't read!"

So I guess it's M.I.T. for you? :D

Well, I won't recommend a field but the Boston area is great for schools. You pretty much have a choice of anything here, and it's a nice town to be in if you're a college student.

can'tthink of1
08-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Thats crazy, every time I misspelled field. I usually get 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'... heh.

And I have thought about cars, but I just don't know if its my thing.

MantisMag
08-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Well, I'm going to be in my last year of college, and I'm starting to look into colleges.
way to procrastinate. :p

Muzikman
08-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Mechanical Engineering.

This has to be the most well rounded tech degree you can get. You can basically get a job doing just about anything.

Just avoid the computer industry...I state that from personal experiance.

NJPaint
08-05-2005, 12:02 PM
I am so confused, are you going into college? Or graduate school?