PDA

View Full Version : wrist problem

68bird
08-04-2005, 10:29 PM
ok so the other day i got a rock thrown at me pritty hard right on my wrist bone, 3 days later its still swolen and hurts very bad but i dont think its broken but it is making like a creeking noise and if i put my other hand around it i can feel a stong viberation. i been putting ice on it which had helped with the swelling a little. can some one tell me what is up because i have a new job making pizza which might be a little bit difficult.

kosmo
08-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Go to the doctor. Wrists are not something to ignore, theyre pretty important and fragile. My wrist is messed up because I went to army "doctors" and now I have bones scraping together and extra pieces floating around in there, which can be quite painful.

B.A.M.
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
well i have broken many fingers and to see if my finger was broken he put a tuning fork on it and if it vibrated it would mean its broken. So i would say that your wrist is broken and go to the doctor cuz if it heals wrong they have to reset it by breaking the wrist again.

68bird
08-04-2005, 10:43 PM
i have broken my wrist but the other one when i was skating its snaped about in the middle and went into a 45* angle and my hand was dislocated so it was like a 7 it was pritty gnar but this one feels weird its not broken it feels like something is pressing on it realy hard

Jaan
08-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Go to the hospital kid.

devildog
08-05-2005, 02:18 AM
if you can bend it without having super unbearable pain, its not broken. it might be fractured, im doubtful of it being broken.

be a man and suck it up, itll heal itself

atm743
08-05-2005, 02:28 AM
if you can bend it without having super unbearable pain, its not broken. it might be fractured, im doubtful of it being broken.

be a man and suck it up, itll heal itself

ya just go to the store and get some of that bandge stuff soo you cant move your wrist at all and get some painkillers soo you dont feel the pain.

you could get an x-ray or go to a doctor but he will say what i said and give you a bill

Kai
08-05-2005, 12:02 PM
atm is very qualified, so I would take his advice and just skip over the whole 'medical proffesional' thing.

Lohman446
08-05-2005, 01:16 PM
ya just go to the store and get some of that bandge stuff soo you cant move your wrist at all and get some painkillers soo you dont feel the pain.

you could get an x-ray or go to a doctor but he will say what i said and give you a bill

And here I thought the legal advice given by teenagers on message boards was stupid...

Jakedubbleya
08-05-2005, 01:29 PM
sounds like a bruised bone (not a big deal, suck it up)

Muzikman
08-05-2005, 01:49 PM
There are so many bones in a wrist that one can be broke and you would still be able to move it. I screwed up my wrist years ago trying to get a 60lb A coil from the top of a stack above my head. I never thought much about it when I I hurt it, but to this day it will make a clicking noise and it hurts to put weight on it certain ways. I suggest an X-ray. They can reset the bone and wrap you up and you'll be good.

It's amazing how many bones are in the hand and foot (including the wrist and ankle).

Jaan
08-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah, suck it up like a man :rolleyes:

OKay, I did a lot of things to my body when I was younger, like smash up my knees, got hit in the eyes, etc. including breaking my hand. I "sucked it up" too ... except my hand since the bone was sticking out of it ... and now I regret it. When you get older all this damage you didn't bother to fix will come back and haunt you. The hands / wrists have some of the most sensative nerves in them too, something really small will hurt like hell.

How old are you? Are you still covered under your Mom and Dad's health care plan?

bam wannabe
08-05-2005, 02:48 PM
if you have insurance then just go to the doctors.
if not, suck it up.

i love my insurance. i can do whatever to my body, break an arm or leg, require stitches, blah blah blah blah.... and it will only be 5 bux at the hospital. its freakin great!
:clap:

Target Practice
08-05-2005, 05:15 PM
atm is very qualified, so I would take his advice and just skip over the whole 'medical proffesional' thing.

i became a doctor on the internet the same day i became a licensed minister so u dont have to go get it xrayd or nothing

Jaan
08-05-2005, 05:31 PM
i became a doctor on the internet the same day i became a licensed minister so u dont have to go get it xrayd or nothingThe power of prayer!

Lohman446
08-06-2005, 08:05 AM
i became a doctor on the internet the same day i became a licensed minister so u dont have to go get it xrayd or nothing

So... would it be a conflict of interests to preach at the funeral of the person you killed through malpractice? :D I'm assuming the law degree you earned the next day makes you qaulified to answer that one.

PapaGuido31
08-06-2005, 08:32 AM
sure... a "rock" thrown at it. we all know what you were REALLY doing (skeet skeet)

you probably did fracture it. go to the f-ing doctor.

Enraged Monk
08-06-2005, 01:29 PM
sure... a "rock" thrown at it. we all know what you were REALLY doing (skeet skeet)

you probably did fracture it. go to the f-ing doctor.

Maturbation is no joke...

Unless its a masturbating clown........THEN ITS FUNNY

Kai
08-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Maturbation is no joke...

Unless its a masturbating clown........THEN ITS FUNNY

Wrong, maturbation is hilarious in ANY situation.

68bird
08-06-2005, 03:53 PM
wtf cant u only break ur wrist masterbating to like rosey o'donold or 90s ophra or something

tropical_fishy
08-06-2005, 04:18 PM
wow. Just... wow. I'm this weird combination of amused and disgusted, heh.

Go to the doctor. I'm 17 and "sucked up" ankle injuries for years as a gymnast. And now I'm 17 and have chronic issues. 17! Go to the freaking doctor.

Lohman446
08-06-2005, 04:20 PM
wtf cant u only break ur wrist masterbating to like rosey o'donold or 90s ophra or something

:cry: You should be banned for that. No respect for decency standards. Excuse me while I go try to get that image out of my head.

RevBrown
08-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Get to a doctor.

I broke my wrist last December and I recieved treatment for it until last month. They are not a fun thing to deal with.
You might get a long arm cast for awhile(God that sucks when you drive a manual tranny) Then a short one. After a bit I had to wear a brace and a bone stimulator.
But alot more could have went wrong with it if I didn't follow doctors orders.
My point I guess is that you don't want to lose use of that hand so see a doctor.

WickeDKlowN
08-06-2005, 08:15 PM
What the hell is wrong with you? You should be severley beaten for that comment.

kosmo
08-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Klown if I were you the only one Id be threatening is enragedmonk. He seems to have a thing for your kind. :wow:

WickeDKlowN
08-06-2005, 11:28 PM
All he did was make a crappy joke by slightly changing the wording on a shirt from T-Shirt Hell.

tranman
08-07-2005, 12:02 AM
You should really get that checked out, I work in physiotherapy and I've been my fair share of messed up wrists. I'm guessing most of you don't know but there are 8 tiny bones right at the wrist joint. There's 27 bones in your hand altogether. The 8 bones are pretty small and can give you a lot of pain in the future if you don't take care of it now.

Enraged Monk
08-07-2005, 11:46 AM
All he did was make a crappy joke by slightly changing the wording on a shirt from T-Shirt Hell.

AND....plus, clowns are awesome, espeically wicked ones, cause they burn me free KMK cds, along with free twiztid cds

Alley
08-07-2005, 02:34 PM
It is true that there are so many small bones in your wrist that one could be fractured and its hard to tell by any means other than an XRay.

I broke my wrist in a car accident once Smashed it up pretty good they put pins and such in it and it still hurts.

Wrists are pretty important things you don't realize it until you screw them all up. I'd have it looked at to be on the safe side.

As long as you have medical insurance ... use it...thats why you pay for it!

WickeDKlowN
08-07-2005, 02:49 PM
AND....plus, clowns are awesome, espeically wicked ones, cause they burn me free KMK cds, along with free twiztid cds
I had a KMK CD once. It wasn't too bad, but it ended up getting scratched to hell and I have no idea where it is now.

Jakedubbleya
08-08-2005, 07:12 PM
fine, just go to the doctor and find out whats wrong, so i can gloat over my victory :D :D

(or is it already all better?)

Kai
08-08-2005, 07:48 PM
I had a KMK CD, and it got scratched to hell.

I didn't care, because it sucked.