PDA

View Full Version : rt valve

jobo_18
12-03-2001, 10:11 AM
what does the RT Valve do, it is worth the $270? can u use it with the boo uyah or center flag elcd frames?

davej946
12-03-2001, 12:09 PM
Jobo,
Welcome to AO, friend! The RT Valve uses some of the input air to 'kick' the trigger back after it has been pulled, allowing you to acheive higher rates of fire. It has also been tested as having no shootdown as high as 26 balls/sec.

As far as I know, it is the recommended valve for use with the eFrames. I know that's the valve used on the eMag... As far as being worth $270, it depends on how much you play and are willing to spend on your gun. I know as soon as my books for school are paid for, I'm getting a ReTro valve!

Later,

Xzion
12-03-2001, 01:02 PM
To specify a little more in addition to davej946's post, the ReTro Valve uses the input pressure to return the trigger to its starting point. In other words, if you run your Compressed Air tank's output pressure at 800 PSI (ReTro Valve ONLY runs on Nitro BTW) and are feeding 800 PSI into your RT Valve, after you pull the trigger, the valve uses the 800 PSI line pressure to force the trigger back against your finger, which also helps prevent short stroking the valve, while, as stated before helps increase rate of fire, and makes shootdown just about impossible to achieve. As for is it worth the money, Id have to say it is, I love mine, especially that reactive trigger ;)