PDA

View Full Version : ULE ultra shootdown

magpidgin
08-05-2005, 12:19 AM
So I am having the same problem as HateE was having on the first few pages of the ULE sticky, only I don't see where it was ever resolved after reading through the forum for a couple hours. I get about three shots off, each more pathetic than the last until it wont shoot at all, it wont even reset the trigger until it slowly "recharges" itself..."Yea... I dont think its really a shim problem but more of a recharge problem. It shot a constant fps if you shot REALLY slowly, im talking like really slow, like as slow as a one armed dude could fire a pump." as HateE put it. Two questions I have, the two pieces don't screw tight together (around the 2 shims I have in it), it gets to the end of the threads and then there is about two additional shims worth of gap in between that can be wiggled around, is this normal? Also, there is a medium sized white oring near the bottom of the thing, a similar sized oring near the top, and a smaller white oring around the piston thing in the groove on the top. Am I missing any orings? Is there an oring I need to drop into the hole on my xvalve? I have a itty bitty black oring in my parts kit and I don't know where I would put that if it is one of these that fell out of my gun. Adding an extra shim causes it to leak constantly, removing a shim makes it not pressurize at all but both of these could be caused by me being low on air, I will update tomorrow when I fill if this is the case. Please help, just baught the gun don't want to pay more to take it to an airsmith.
:confused:

magpidgin
08-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Would this type of behavior be typical if my asa was not working well with my nitro tank? Is this how a mag would act if the air was restricted from the tank? :tard:

Severe
08-08-2005, 12:28 PM
In short, yes. I've seen it where the ASA barely depressed the HPA/CO2 tanks pin. It allowed for enough air to charge the system but not enough to keep up with rapid firing.

If you have another ASA, I'd recommend trying that to see if you get the same result. Also try swapping a tank to see if it's the tanks pin is the problem.

I doubt very seriously this is an issue with the valve.

magpidgin
08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
So yeah, turns out this behavior was my mag gasping for air. A new bottomline solved the problem. A little fine tuning/access to a chrono and my new ebay mag should be rockin' hard :headbang: