PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge: get poeple to play pball.

Carbon
08-05-2005, 12:58 AM
yeah thats right.

I challenge you to invite at least one person who has never played paintball, on a paintball outing. Its been a while since i've done this and as i recall, the last handfull of people that came out had a blast.

I plan to do so this weekend. Two people, a couple actually bf/gf. They are in their early 30's and have never done paintball before. Hopefully they will come back to it. Its great because they ahve no preconcieved notion of what this game is about.

Anyway im lining up an itineary, heh.

by 10am they will be on the field and geared up.

i will try to show them how to "mow faces"

and at 3:30 4:00 pm Tacos. Really good tacos.

Anyhow support the sport. Get your co workers, cousins, friends ect. out there. It is very rewarding. Be an embassador. wow them with your skillz!

stondroopy
08-05-2005, 01:21 AM
i have tried to get people from work to head out with me but, either they cant afford it or there scared :confused: Anyway im always trying, even the people i dont like so i can unload on em all day :D J/K

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-05-2005, 02:25 AM
to us paintballers $50-$100 may seem cheap, but others can't justify spending $50-$100 to run around in the woods shooting eachother with paintball guns

Carbon
08-05-2005, 02:42 AM
Well, that part of the challenge isnt it? To convince some people to spend this $50-$100 dollars once for about 4-5 hrs of intense and exciting fun.

my 1st pball outing cost me $150. Look at me now im hooked! and all the cool people that i've met playing this game. whoa!

Part of it too, is being able to sacrifice a few bucks on your part, if not help out in other ways (ridesharing or lunch ect). Im not saying this is something you should do on a weekly basis or even a monthly basis. But once a year, once every 6 moths? that certainly is feasble.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-05-2005, 03:08 AM
give me a break i'm not thinking, but i do know a guy that is actually going to pay the admission and paint fees for a few people which is an awesome way to introduce someone to the sport. as for me, i don't think i can afford supporting another player

Carbon
08-05-2005, 03:24 AM
hey man im a budget baller-4-life!

MoneyShot
08-05-2005, 10:58 AM
yeah me too

SteelSoul
08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I have you beat
This weekend I have 4 people that have never played going with me to
http://www.suddenimpactpaintball.com/aboutus.html

And here is the kicker, 2 of them are GIRLS

I love helping people find paintball :headbang:

JimmyBeam
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
i try every single weekend. and out of hte 15+ ive taken out, 4 are now regulars.

the hardest part is trying to get the girls to come play. i ask them every week, but the idea of getting shot doesnt apeal to them as much. i even offered to let them shoot me so they could see its not that bad, but thye ownt go for it

JoshK
08-05-2005, 11:39 AM
We had a teen camp thing for my church this last fall I believe, and my (now) youth pastor decided to let us go paintballing also. It was a lot of fun, and we had like 5 girls go, and one mom go also. For the most part they had fun, but I'm going to be taking one of them paintballing again sometime soon. But today I think we are going to see a movie. It's ok because I heart movies also...

temps
08-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I have one girl who is going to go out with me for her first time the next time I go out :D

Now I have 2 other girls who have gone out paintballing before.. and dont want to do it again.. not because they are scared or that it hurt, but because they dont like the idea of shooting other people :confused:

FSU_Paintball
08-05-2005, 12:28 PM
I never stop trying to get people out there... I can't even count how many people I've introduced to the sport. Probably at least 60+. It never gets old.

master_alexander
08-05-2005, 12:34 PM
my friend got me into it, and now i have been playing for a year and have become a gun whore :D

i have gotten alot of my friends into it and am trying to get some more girls into it, but sme dont like the idea of getting shot.... rather just shoot.

having coupons and extra setups helps.

mandatory
08-05-2005, 01:01 PM
I will be bringing people out alot when i get my devilmag. I will have multiple guns, pod packs, masks, ect ...so we wont have to rent gear. thats the main reason i havent been bringing my friends out to play. I dont have enought guns to supply and renting stuff is a hassle and the guns usually are paint blenders so its not worth it if you have to rent. soon though when i have enough gear to outfit a few playerd i will definatly be doing the ambassador thing. as of right now, none of my friends even know i play paintball, so hopefully soon i can introduce them to the sport. I just dont wanna introduce them with unworthy equipment.

yakitori
08-05-2005, 01:16 PM
I get ppl to go all the time. They never want to go back though. ;) j/k.

I think it is a money thing for them. They enjoy it, but dont want to pay as much as it costs to play.

Chronobreak
08-05-2005, 03:53 PM
I get ppl to go all the time. They never want to go back though. ;) j/k.

I think it is a money thing for them. They enjoy it, but dont want to pay as much as it costs to play.

werd

i can get them to go ocne or twice but without getting the dicounts i get they cant afford to play more than that per year or so.

i mean if they want a case and entry and all day air its 80~ dollars...THATS ALOT

RingOfScale
08-07-2005, 12:38 AM
ehh ? i think you'll be happy with what i'm managing to do.

a friend of mine did a homestay in holland, and now the dutch dude is back visiting him. tomorro were taking him for a full day of paintball (hes never done it before, suposidly its illegal to own a pball marker in holland)

i think he will reall enjoy it.

----- sorry for the lack of grammer/capitalization/punctuation, i'm tired after just getting back from a week of really annoy little boyscouts at camp.

-rIng

sol tank
08-07-2005, 12:58 AM
all the girls think paintball will hurt them to much...

not as much as some of my friends do though...

Jaan
08-07-2005, 01:16 AM
There was a time when I had my own (renegade) field, chrony, fill station and enough extra *good* equipment for 3 people besides me. I got a lot of people into the game back then.

These days though, I try to take newbies to a regular field. I don't want the hassle anymore of being responsible for everything ... the thing is it doesn't always go so well. I'm sorry, I know it's sounds like a broken record but there are too many "AGG" players around and it's not much fun for newbies. It's bad enough to be up against really good players shooting 15bps *plus* but on the rare occasion a newbie scores a hit it gets wiped off. It used to be different ... back in the days everyone played woodsball with mechanical markers. Experienced players played with honor, and would sit down with newbies after each game and teach them what they were doing wrong.

I have mixed feelings now about getting newbies into the game. I'll still help anyone who comes up to me and asks, but I won't actively seek out players anymore.

JRingold
08-07-2005, 07:43 AM
to us paintballers $50-$100 may seem cheap, but others can't justify spending $50-$100 to run around in the woods shooting eachother with paintball guns

It's cheaper than trying to introduce someone to Golf. At least with paintball you can have fun even if you suck!

yakitori
08-07-2005, 09:15 AM
ehh ? i think you'll be happy with what i'm managing to do.

a friend of mine did a homestay in holland, and now the dutch dude is back visiting him. tomorro were taking him for a full day of paintball (hes never done it before, suposidly its illegal to own a pball marker in holland)

i think he will reall enjoy it.

----- sorry for the lack of grammer/capitalization/punctuation, i'm tired after just getting back from a week of really annoy little boyscouts at camp.

-rIng

if paintball guns are illegal in Holland, then how do they manage these. Can you say derder? :P.

http://www.paintballjungle.nl/

http://www.paintballgames.nl/

http://www.derder.com/photos_amsterdam_2004.htm

Dude, nearly EVERYTHING is legal in holland. Moreso than the US. America is so conservative on just about everything, so much that Im actually suprised paintball is legal in the states. But its a type of gun, and you know how americans are with their guns. ;)

RingOfScale
08-07-2005, 09:03 PM
ehh, yeah i dunno ... it struck me as wierd also, but i guess how would they play DMA if paintball guns were illegal in holland? he must just have been mistaken because he didnt know anyone who owned a paintball gun or something ...