PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on custom project

Lohman446
08-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Ok, I am going to take the winter to build myself another marker, I want it to be something special. I am going to attempt to do it all myself with minimal help from the people around here, and of course help from the board

I already have a Matrix and a Devilmag, while I might consider building a custom matrix its really not what I have in mind. Anything I build is going to get some funky anno scheme. I really want to keep this under $1000 for a winter project

What I'm thinking

A) A pump-electro. I'm thinking starting with a e-bladed cocker of some type, sneaking a pump in there that trips a 'noid, making it stock class, and leaving it interchangeable with the flick of a hidden switch. So I can go out pumping with a HALO and switch to semi electro to confuse people. Edit: when I say stock class I mean feed tube and 12 grams, but with the option to go to HALO and CA easily.

B) A really "agg" pump. I'm thinking start with a Tracer or Illussion (far too many phantoms out there) and doing something odd - like annoing it hot pink or tequilla sunrise fade.

C) A Blazer. Of course it would be a custom anno of some type, and this would give me a great mechanical back up marker, probably the most logical choice and thats likely why I will not do it.

D) A Viking - something functional. I'm thinking predatorize it, anno it all sorts of odd colors or patterns (still thinking on those) and possible light milling. Not a lot of people around here have Vikings and that might be interesting to see how low pressure I can get.

AGDlover
08-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I like the idea of the pump electro kari you told me about

SteelSoul
08-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey Try making a E-Blazer
Talk about a kewl marker :rofl:

onedude36
08-05-2005, 11:25 AM
That pump electro sounds cool, and probably a little complex to be able to switch it on the field. If you can do it more power to you.

MonsterMag
08-05-2005, 11:29 AM
A pump that can switch from pump- Ramping :headbang:

cdacda13
08-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Either the "agg" pump(Im doing the same thing once my trracer gets here, gold to green fade)
or
The viking.

PsychoBaller
08-05-2005, 01:33 PM
I like the "Your an idiot" option.

But in all seriousness... all your options posted suck. What ya should do is head over to Mcarterbrown.com Rare/Old gun forum. Take a look at some of the custom oldschool guns in there and then decide on a project.

How about a KLever - Lever action Paintball Wood Stock Rifle (like a winchester).

Or how about a Palmers Hurricane or Painter ??

WoOd is GoOd

-baller

marctooshbro
08-07-2005, 12:01 AM
i like the pump electro

and...

i like the hot pink traccer

Creative Mayhem
08-07-2005, 08:27 AM
I voted for Palmer's... cause you had it 100% correct... "everyone need something Palmer"

I like the Illusion idea as well, my Illusion was supposed to a diferent anno, but it would have taken another 3 weeks and I didn't want to wait lol.

warbeak2099
08-07-2005, 08:32 AM
I voted e-pump, but I do agree that an e-blazer would be better. Cmon, do it!

DaveSM
08-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I would add a pneumati assisted pump to your list. Take a tracer, anno it with funky colors and add pneumatics to it. f you want to go even further you may try to build an auto-cocking marker from a pump (pgp, phantom, traccer, maverik, hornet, BE blade :P, an old BE pump, a KP...). That would be awesome.

Maggot6
08-07-2005, 06:47 PM
If you successfuly get an e-pump to work, that can change withing at least 30 seconds to fully e no pumping, video it to proove it, and a tutorial depending on how hard it is I'll donate a bit of money to you. That would be my ultimate marker.

BD_Paintball
08-07-2005, 06:52 PM
the pump electro sounds sweet. i think it will be hard to do but if you can do it, that gun would be nice

Cameo
08-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I voted Palmers for obvious resons...
Reason #1 being the more guns Palmers sells, the better chance I have of getting another box with the cool curley metal things from them..
Reason #2 If NiteHawk ever decides that I can not longer use his Blazer I will have you to bug...
Reason #3 Team POG is always looking for players with a great attitude and who don't mind hugs or sillly x-waitresses.. :cheers:
Reason #4 I just simply needed a fourth reason, but do you really need a reason to own a Palmers? Is there honeslty any reason not to own one?? ~ wait ummm yea... I don't actually own one huh?? this is me sneaking off the back of the stage...

Lohman446
08-07-2005, 08:30 PM
I voted Palmers for obvious resons...
Reason #1 being the more guns Palmers sells, the better chance I have of getting another box with the cool curley metal things from them..
Reason #2 If NiteHawk ever decides that I can not longer use his Blazer I will have you to bug...
Reason #3 Team POG is always looking for players with a great attitude and who don't mind hugs or sillly x-waitresses.. :cheers:
Reason #4 I just simply needed a fourth reason, but do you really need a reason to own a Palmers? Is there honeslty any reason not to own one?? ~ wait ummm yea... I don't actually own one huh?? this is me sneaking off the back of the stage...

Palmers is the most logical option and the best choice. If I did not have a team next year and POG invited me to play I am certain I would find a Palmers item before IAO :). Its such a logical choice... it defies me why I don't hunt down a Blazer to toy with. The e-pump is not as hard as some of you are thinking - it might not end up being dead stock class legal when I was done, but it could require a pump if the switch was flipped....

hmmm... decisions decisions

hitech
08-08-2005, 11:51 AM
A warp fed phantom. ;)

:cheers: