PDA

View Full Version : Can you swap out valves between mags easily enough?

Spartan X
08-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Here what I want to do. I got my Pred2/morlocked E-mag with eyes, but when the PTP frame comes out, I'm going to want one. If I bought a Complete ULE mag with the PTP frame minus a valve. Could I just swap out the valve from my e-mag (xvalve) and put it into the pneumatic ULE mag with out touching any thing? I know that all seams like a wait to som e of yah...why not just stick the mag into mech mode or hybrid...blah blah...IDK I was thinking about it and wondering if it was possible.

Oh yah, I can't talk about a gun I have with out posting pictures, don't want to be e-rapped:

http://tinypic.com/9uue04.jpg

SummaryJudgement
08-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Nice ano! It looks like my shark attack mag with different colors. Where'd you get it done? Oh, and I'm not sure about your question. Sorry....

Arstron
08-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Since it looks like you are using macro line, it will be very easy, just leave a fitting and line on both frames, and all you will have to do mess with is the field strip screw and macro line. It wouldnt take long at all to swap valves.

Nice anno btw.

Vex
08-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Arstron's correct--easy as taking the valve out and putting it in the other gun.

Spartan X
08-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Nice ano! It looks like my shark attack mag with different colors. Where'd you get it done? Oh, and I'm not sure about your question. Sorry....

AGD did it. it's one of the original 16 acid red emags.

Creative Mayhem
08-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Tim, it shouldn't be too much of an issue, however, you need to remember that the Emag and the Pneumag use different on/off assemblies. The Pneumag will be using the ULT, whereas the emag cannot. It's not a huge issue to swap out the ULT for the stock emag setup, just something you should be aware of.

JoshK
08-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah they are really easy to switch...I can switch mine in about a minute with the macro.

Shingo
08-05-2005, 06:36 PM
The Pneumag will be using the ULT, whereas the emag cannot.

I thought PTP's PneuMag Frame works better without the ULT.

~Shingo~

Creative Mayhem
08-05-2005, 06:45 PM
I thought PTP's PneuMag Frame works better without the ULT.

~Shingo~

My bad, you are correct. I had to go back to RR's info thread... I guess I misread it the first time.. :tard:

warbeak2099
08-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Those eyes look really high up. I thought they need to be at the bottom of the breech. I hope my local pro shop does this right. They aren't used to working on mags but they're only going to charge me $20 and I won't have to ship it out to anyone. Gaaah.

Spartan X
08-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Those eyes look really high up. I thought they need to be at the bottom of the breech. I hope my local pro shop does this right. They aren't used to working on mags but they're only going to charge me $20 and I won't have to ship it out to anyone. Gaaah.
The eyes are in the right place, the covers just keep going up because he wanted a meatier plase to thread the screw into.

Jonesie
08-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Per this thread in the Tech forum, you will need to swap on/off assemblies as the E-Mag and RT/Classics use a different length On/Off Pin.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67604

Hope this helps ~ David

Lee
08-07-2005, 06:03 PM
what about the quad o-ring. would that make a difference? would he need to remove it and put in a regular o-ring for use w/ a pneumag?

snack food for thought.....