PDA

View Full Version : How Do YOU Quickly Disconnect YOUR Macroline?

Vex
08-05-2005, 07:09 PM
My way works okay, but I'd like to see if anyone here has any easier/better way(s) of disconnecting the little buggers.

JoshK
08-05-2005, 07:13 PM
You just hold down the little part of the fittings that hold it on, and then pull. Simple as that. I don't see any way that could be quicker. :tard:

Unless you are talking about the fittings themselves. Then I just take a pair of pliers, or something like that.

Tunaman
08-05-2005, 07:48 PM
If you use Norgren Fittings they are super easy. If you use some other types...well then they can be a real biotch. ;)

Vex
08-05-2005, 08:21 PM
If you use Norgren Fittings they are super easy. If you use some other types...well then they can be a real biotch. ;)
I've got the Norgrens from you, Tuna :headbang:

I can take them apart easily enough, but I am wondering if there is an easier way or certain method that people use. I use an adjustable wrench opened to slightly bigger than the line itself, then apply pressue to the fitting to bleed the pressure out of the line. When enough pressure has been released, I press the fitting all the way in and POP--out comes the line.

I'm just curious as to some of the ways others are doing it.

JoshK
08-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't take off the macro line when it is pressurized.

EDIT: Are you talking about if you have an air system?

CoolHand
08-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Degas the marker and purge the air lines.

Grab the line with your right hand, and put the fitting in the palm of your left hand.

Curl the fingers of your left hand around to grasp the ring on the fitting.

Using your right hand, push the line into the fitting and hold it there (to disengage the collet from the line).

While you are holding the line in with your right hand, make sure to hold the ring back with your left fingers.

Now, pull the line out of the fitting.

Should just slide right out, and shouldn't tear up your line either.

While its apart, have a look at the end that was just in the fitting. If the collet mark is real deep, or ragged, you will want to trim that part off so it won't leak when you reseat it in the fitting.

JRingold
08-06-2005, 08:55 AM
I used to use the Macro as a QD, then I started having leak problems with it and had to replace the O-rings too often, so I switched back to shrink wrapped stainless.