MoserMan
12-03-2001, 12:14 PM
What would be the preformace difference between:

RetroMag with Mako E-LCD Frame
E-Mag

???:confused: ???

Shaft
12-03-2001, 12:58 PM
Bolt wear is a concern. The aftermarket frames don't hold the sear open long enough. Whereas the back of the bolt scrapes over the sear rather than just being caught by the sear.

Adjusting the EMag trigger is sweet.

I must qualify my statements, for I can only go by what I've been taught. I don't own an elecro setup. My source for this info is that tech class.

FooTemps
12-03-2001, 01:00 PM
One thing is that the mako uses an inefficient 9v battery... didn't tom say 9v batteries suck?

oneshot
12-03-2001, 03:04 PM
go with the emag, the trigger is like no other :D

PyRo
12-03-2001, 04:59 PM
Well of course the e-mag is going to be better. If you havn't bought anything yet, then it will probably be cheaper too. If you already have some stuff though, then your main concern is how much money you are willing to spend.

MoserMan
12-04-2001, 12:14 PM
And that brings up an interesting point:

I do have a gun and buying an electric frame would be 10 times cheaper then getting an E-Mag

To me this is worth any wear on the gun that an after market frame would do

Performance wise, would I notice much of a difference?
(Non Biased replies preferred)

unseenunheard
12-04-2001, 12:34 PM
personally i have never used an E-mag but i ordered one and it comes in tommorrow, but before that my setup was pretty close to what your asking about, i had a minimag with gutted internals, modified on/off top among other things all setteing on top of a elcd frame and it woked great, its like a poor-mans e-mag(if you already have a mag) but i eventually decided to go the real route, i never tried it with the retro because i always read that it would not work, i did not have any shootdown at 15bps full-auto with my modified mini-valve, but i could never seem to keep up with the firing speed of other people at my field who shot angels and timi's. i thought maybe i am just not as fast on the trigger so i tried a couple of angels and found i could shoot it faster in semi than i could my boo-yahh in semi, probably just my imagination though, several of the local tourney players tried my mag and said it was nice but i don't think they were able to get as fast of shots as with their own setups
if you already have a mag and don't want to sell it and get an e-mag then just get an e-lcd or hyperframe. it sounds like you already decided though

Ityl
12-04-2001, 02:05 PM
emag-$900
mag with powerfeed-$300 plus elcd $250? or hyper $300.

900 vs 550-600 so you do save some money, but it's not 10 times as cheap. Also now with some experience with both, I would save for a Emag, but if it seems impossible, get the elcd or hyperframe (mine might be for sale)

MoserMan
12-04-2001, 06:56 PM
You read my mind VF, how you gettin an elcd for 75? Me want!:D