PDA

View Full Version : Oiling You Mag

MoserMan
12-03-2001, 12:28 PM
Correct me if im wrong but are you suppose to:

Put oil in the oil holes of the valve after you unscrew it

Put a couple drops of oil where you screw your nitro into the gun

Put a couple drops of oil in my micro line hose and gas it up, shoot it to allow oil to cover the internals

Only use autolube by AGD

And if so how often should I do this?

Bonx0007
12-03-2001, 12:33 PM
twice evry hour!no actually everytime you come back from playing or twice a mon. or at least that is what i do.usually there is enough oil in the gun from the last time that you don't need to do it before you play. Not to mention if you do your oiling routine before you play your gun will have a light oily mist coat your barrel and paintballs and you will hit nothing except that squirl 20 feet to the left of you.:D

MoserMan
12-03-2001, 12:52 PM
let me re-phrase the question

What is the correct and complete way to oil your gun?

Daniel Morse
12-03-2001, 01:01 PM
I have alwys used Autolube (oil from AGD) and have had fine results. Has any one used anything else. Such as WDP's Love Juice or KC's perfect oil? Is one better than another or do you think it is all the same?:rolleyes:

The Mag Man
12-03-2001, 01:07 PM
Okay here is how I do it:
<p>
I put two drops of oil in each hole marked "oil" once a month
<br>
I put one drop of oil into the on/off assembly after each time of play
<br>
I put 5 drops of oil into my ASA and dry fire the gun 36 times to distribute the oil to all parts of the gun after every 2 days of use
<br>
Lastly, I put 2 drops of oil in the center of my body rail and smear it all over that with my finger
<br>
You don't have to use just Autolube. I use my proshop's brand of oil with no problems at all. So don't believe that at all.

Bonx0007
12-03-2001, 01:33 PM
I use ACI AirLube. Works fine.

MoserMan
12-04-2001, 12:31 PM
Im kinda new to oiling my gun so can you guys plz explain some things.
Where exactly is the on/off assembly and what does it look like, how do I access it?

Where and what is the ASA? Is it the same thing as putting drops of oil into the microline hose, gasing up and dryfiring?

Where and what is the body rail?

Failure
12-04-2001, 04:50 PM
Go to home depot and get some paslode nailgun oil, its cheap.

MAGalomania
12-04-2001, 05:38 PM
body rail - the black metal piece between the trigger frame and the main body

ASA - yes...the place where you screw in your tank. It is connected by hosing to your reg.

You put oil in the hole of the asa if you have stainless steel hosing so that you don't have to disconnect the crap every time. Otherwise you can just put it in the macroline hose.

READ YOUR MANUAL!!

MikeCouves
12-04-2001, 05:50 PM
Autolube is the same as Gold Cup Oil. Most oils are "Mag Friendly", but some aren't.

Just put 2-4 drops in the holes of the valve where it says. Put 2-3 drops in the ASA before gassinh up. Not IN the hole, but around it. If you want you can put some oil in the macroline/hose, but I don't think that is necessary. And lightly oil the internal orings of the gun. Make sure not to 'overoil' it or as the others said, you will get oil in the barrel and that decreases accuracy.

PyRo
12-04-2001, 06:01 PM
You want to oil as close to the valve as possible. If you have a quick disconnect or mirco/macro oil in the fitting the closest to the valve. The ASA works fine, it isn't bad, but if you get it closer it will just get into the valve a little quicker.
You don't want to use gun oil, WD40 etc on any paintball gun, with a few exeptions. I think that it is petrolium based, something like that that is bad. What it does is it causes your o-rings to deteriorate faster.