PDA

View Full Version : "Pro", what kind of selling term is it?

Pacifist_Farmer
08-09-2005, 07:04 AM
What does "pro" imply

I just saw some one use it in a description of some gear.

I find the concept of something being "pro" a little confusing. If gear was labeled as "pro" I don't know if I would buy it.

Pro to me means, it's made of good qualty materials, but doesnt need to last more than a season, cause the company will give you their newest and greatest next season. Although if it is used by a "pro" it needs to take lots of abuse in a short time.

None of the gear I have purchased over the last ten years really fits into the "pro" category, unless I'm confusing that with "trendy", I own one "trendy jersy" and that is 3 years old. Everything else is holding up and it was all designed for hard play.

What do other people think. Is gear that is "pro" designed to last, or to flash, whats a good definition?

Chipper
08-09-2005, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure if I really understand what you are saying, do you mean people sellings things with lines such as "used by pro team _________" or things like the Pro-flex or Pro-filer?

RRfireblade
08-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Actually , IMO....

Pro kinda means newb alot of the time.

I mean generally speaking , the real good top of the line products that dominate most industrys and that the 'Pros' truly use rarely say "Pro" . It seems like most of the stuff that is labeled as such is meant to make the uniformed believe it's something better than other products of equal quality and purpose. If it was really that good, it wouldn't have to say it and much of the time it doesn't. Of course that are exceptions but I think paintball is one of the worst offenders.

MadPSIence
08-09-2005, 09:36 AM
you're in a sport wrapped around image.. anything less than "pro" wouldn't be agg enough to wear. :argh:

Recon by Fire
08-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Freestyle Pro....seems alright to me :)

Halliday
08-09-2005, 12:52 PM
It seems in paintball, anything labeled "Pro" isn't.

misenhei
08-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Actually , IMO....

Pro kinda means newb alot of the time.

I agree. Just like how only cheap electronics bare the label "Hi-tech," and only cheap beer has "Premium" on it's label...