PDA

View Full Version : break beam trigger switch

candjpaintball
08-09-2005, 11:16 AM
i need some input on an idea i have , using a break beam eye simaler to an ace set-up
in a trigger frame to replace the micro switch. what i need is some one w/ plc board knowledge to handle that end of things. i'm a cad/cam engineer w/ access to cnc's and could easily make the frame.i would use a trigger similar to an angels w/ a long tail on the inside that would pass between the eyes, with some sort of back stop to prevent firing on the pull and release. it should be able to handle at least 30 bps correct? if ace can keep up as fast as your loader can feed?
i would apreciate some info on this matter positive or negative

Wheelman
08-09-2005, 12:35 PM
WDP already did it, called an optitrigger, I know they are inthe iR3's and the A4's but I'm not sure if they used it anything else.

misenhei
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
And the E1/E2's

68magOwner
08-16-2005, 06:24 PM
and the ego frame (variant of E2)

RazorMonkey
08-17-2005, 09:31 PM
And boards generally scan triggers between 1 and 2 million times each seconds... So theoretically, it'd be able to handle between 500k and 1 million CPS :rolleyes:

You got way ahead of yourself in the design process... You started to get into implementation before you even researched... :tard:

matt-o
08-27-2005, 02:52 PM
theres also some company that does this for freestyles i think. it looks bad though.

RazorMonkey
08-28-2005, 08:36 PM
theres also some company that does this for freestyles i think. it looks bad though.
No... They totally take away the trigger and replace it with a break beam... So you walk the frame, not the trigger... Weird... And expensive...

Troen
08-31-2005, 06:06 PM
i know none of you would belive me if i told you, but i built one of these frames. i thought i was the only one with the idea, but it seems im not. Its pretty dissapointing, i even applied for a patent. These frames would work fine on a bench, but getting to work out of the field, is a bit hard. The one i built was a electronic bolt on frame for a spyder/pirhanna, and i added another battery to make it 18 volts, then introduced a photosenthic eye, reflective, not breakbeam. as my fingers passed under the beam, it would refelect the light off my skin, and close the switch, only problem was it fired to fast for the capacitor to keep up, eventually causing it to overheat.

RazorMonkey
09-04-2005, 11:28 PM
i know none of you would belive me if i told you, but i built one of these frames. i thought i was the only one with the idea, but it seems im not. Its pretty dissapointing, i even applied for a patent. These frames would work fine on a bench, but getting to work out of the field, is a bit hard. The one i built was a electronic bolt on frame for a spyder/pirhanna, and i added another battery to make it 18 volts, then introduced a photosenthic eye, reflective, not breakbeam. as my fingers passed under the beam, it would refelect the light off my skin, and close the switch, only problem was it fired to fast for the capacitor to keep up, eventually causing it to overheat.Your overheating was more likely caused by the 18 volts... As a matter of fact, I can nearly guarantee you that it was caused by the 18 volts... The Spyder 'noids and cap.'s can handle in excess of 30 cps, however they weren't made for such high voltages...